Insulated mug?

beachbum6264

Will I be able to buy a HAL insulated mug (the kind with a handle) on board the Noordam? I have meds I have to take first thing in the morning, so looking for a new one that will keep ice all night. I had a great one, but it came out of the dishwasher this morning with water inside the sides :mad:.

Will I be able to buy a HAL insulated mug (the kind with a handle) on board the Noordam? I have meds I have to take first thing in the morning, so looking for a new one that will keep ice all night. I had a great one, but it came out of the dishwasher this morning with water inside the sides :mad:.

I saw them in the gift shop on my last HAL cruise. I can't swear that they had handles though - but I think so;)

In addition, your ice bucket will be emptied and filled with fresh ice at evening turn-down.

By morning, I always find some ice still remaining in the bucket, and use the very cold water to take my meds. If you were to put the bucket in your fridge overnight, there would be even more ice in the morning. (I've done that, too.)

I found that the ice in the tiny ice bucket was always melted by morning.

And I also like to take my Nexium with ice water in the morning.

So now I keep the ice bucket in the refrigerator.

Works good if your cabin has a refrigerator:)

Lesson Learned: Never place insulated plastic mugs in the dishwasher! Of course, you aren't the only one to learn the hard way! :)

Lesson Learned: Never place insulated plastic mugs in the dishwasher! Of course, you aren't the only one to learn the hard way! :)

This was a metal one! Who knew water would get inside it? Oh well, gives me a great reason to buy one on board!! :D

I'm going to hold out and not buy a new one until we are on the Noordam. I'm sure I'll be able to find SOMETHING that will work for me :D

Thanks for all the responses. Counting days....

This was a metal one! Who knew water would get inside it? Oh well, gives me a great reason to buy one on board!! :D

I'm going to hold out and not buy a new one until we are on the Noordam. I'm sure I'll be able to find SOMETHING that will work for me :D

Thanks for all the responses. Counting days....

We were on the Noordam in February/March of this year and I didn't see the metal ones, so I assumed yours was plastic. I stand corrected. Again. Sigh... :o