Fridge in Cabin?

Fletch1

Fridge is too strong a word. They are coolers. What you put in at room temp will not get much cooler. You'll have to off load the mini bar items inside. Just tell your steward and he'll remove them, or suggest you put them under the bed in a bag.

Fridge is too strong a word. They are coolers. What you put in at room temp will not get much cooler. You'll have to off load the mini bar items inside. Just tell your steward and he'll remove them, or suggest you put them under the bed in a bag.

Not sure if this is wise, don't they count the items every day and add the charges to your room bill? Best to avoid any issues and just ask the room steward to have it cleared.

I wonder if anyone actually purchases anything out of that cooler?

We always ask for the stuffed to be removed and they put it in a basket under the bed. Would hate to taste one of those beers that been cycled many times form the heat to the cool.

They should just eliminate the whole thing and stock it upon request with what someone actually wants.

.🎅🎄

I wonder if anyone actually purchases anything out of that cooler?

We always ask for the stuffed to be removed and they put it in a basket under the bed. Would hate to taste one of those beers that been cycled many times form the heat to the cool.

They should just eliminate the whole thing and stock it upon request with what someone actually wants.

My guess is that a lot more people use it than you think. Sure it is expensive, but people go for the convenience. There is very little cost to maintain it and stock it so even if they just sell one or two items a week in one out of every four cabins, they are making plenty of money across all their staterooms and ships.

If they were empty and one had to request the cooler be filled, sales of minibar would plummet as people are more likely to take something if it is there. If it isn't there and they have to ask for it to be stocked, a very tiny percentage of people will do so.

As there is a lock-n-key on the door, they do lock the fridge at last evening when around 4PM. They place a note on there.

Some places use weight scales, some the count the items. And am sure one gust found a way to swap the liquor.

Some need the fridge for medication, some just cannot live without that special food, you name it.

Guess we'll not know your intentions why you must empty a fridge. Oh the drink pkg is to expensive I want my diet coco-cola.. just curious... :D

As there is a lock-n-key on the door, they do lock the fridge at last evening when around 4PM. They place a note on there.

Some places use weight scales, some the count the items. And am sure one gust found a way to swap the liquor.

Some need the fridge for medication, some just cannot live without that special food, you name it.

Guess we'll not know your intentions why you must empty a fridge. Oh the drink pkg is to expensive I want my diet coco-cola.. just curious... :D

We use it to cool the bottles of water we get each day.

the bottle in the room also has a charge. you may want to store to the side as well.

We just use the tap water filtered from the ships system on deck 14 ocean café, fountain. :D If daring enough on deck 13 bow of ship

Edited by fishycomics

Hi,

Have never cruised with Celebrity before but looking at cruising on the Century.

Can anyone tell me if there is a refrigerator in inside cabins?

Thanks in anticipation.

Fletch1,

Definitely only a "cooler" - not a true fridge. And yes, they are in all staterooms on Celebrity. Just a little tip to help keep the items you put inside a little cooler: Put a large clip of some sort on the outer door to keep it open a bit. This allows air to circulate around the actual refrigerator which is inside a cabinet. It really works! :) I always keep bottled water, soda, and creamer for my coffee in the fridge.

Hope this helps and have a great first cruise on Celebrity!

Since my husband has meds that must be refrigerated, I always travel with a small thermometer to check the temps of refrigerators. The temp stays around 42 degrees all the time. Not really cold but cool enough for the meds. Also we asked our steward not to lock it the last night of the cruise since the meds needed to stay in the refrigerator. No problem.

We found the "fridge" very helpful for our late night cabin snack. While they had pizza and pasta available late, all we saw for dessert was cookies. So we each got a slice of Café Bacio cake to go, and placed it in our fridge.

I imagine of you didn't like pizza or pasta, you could have fixed yourself up a sandwich plate from the buffet and not have to be bothered with a late night room service delivery. Next time plan on bringing some small Tupperware to keep our little snacks fresh.

Next time plan on bringing some small Tupperware to keep our little snacks fresh.

Zip lock bags work well also and take up less space in your luggage and the frig/cooler.

We returned earlier this month from a 15 night cruise on Century and the cooler/frig in our concierge cabin kept everything very cold. It was likewise when we had an inside on this ship. There is a adjustable temperature control knob that can be used. Ours was at a middle setting on that last cruise.

Fletch1,

Definitely only a "cooler" - not a true fridge. And yes, they are in all staterooms on Celebrity. Just a little tip to help keep the items you put inside a little cooler: Put a large clip of some sort on the outer door to keep it open a bit. This allows air to circulate around the actual refrigerator which is inside a cabinet. It really works! :) I always keep bottled water, soda, and creamer for my coffee in the fridge.

Hope this helps and have a great first cruise on Celebrity!

That's an interesting tip, thanks. We've never had a problem with beverages not being cold enough in the cabin fridge, but we'll keep this in mind in case we do.

Now, anyone figured out how to keep the safe in the S-class ships from becoming a hot box, because it's right on top of the fridge? (I wonder if this air circulation tip will help....)

Not sure if this is wise, don't they count the items every day and add the charges to your room bill? Best to avoid any issues and just ask the room steward to have it cleared.

Locking it wouldn't work for me. I just need the space so I can store milk from the Lido deck and our carry on wine

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrate,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/media/vifpplatinumsmgif_zps5d184b4b.gif.html?sort=6&o=2

Since my husband has meds that must be refrigerated, I always travel with a small thermometer to check the temps of refrigerators. The temp stays around 42 degrees all the time. Not really cold but cool enough for the meds. Also we asked our steward not to lock it the last night of the cruise since the meds needed to stay in the refrigerator. No problem.
o

So can anyone tell me I will need to store my novomix pens in fridge,between 2-8c can I do this in our room fridge.Thanks for you help.