Celebrity Reflection Review with Lots of Photos, Menus and Dailies

MVPinBoynton

Mike, I noted before That I was anxiously awaiting your review. Thank you so much. Your reviews and pictures are terrific. Counting down the days until our turn...

Glad I had it done for you before your cruise. You don't have too many days to go. Have a great time on the Reflection.

Do you know how you were picked to do the bridge tour? The only time we have been on one there were groups every so often (maybe 15 minutes?) and there were 20 or so people on each one. And cameras weren't allowed.

Can you confirm that the brunch was eliminated?

Edited to add: great review, thanks.

Edited by dodger1964

Do you know how you were picked to do the bridge tour? The only time we have been on one there were groups every so often (maybe 15 minutes?) and there were 20 or so people on each one. And cameras weren't allowed.

Can you confirm that the brunch was eliminated?

Edited to add: great review, thanks.

Glad you enjoyed the review. I assumed we were invited to the bridge tour because we were Elite, now Elite+. We were invited on every cruise we have been on for a while. Still cameras are fine; but no video.

We did have a brunch.

Glad you enjoyed the review. I assumed we were invited to the bridge tour because we were Elite, now Elite+. We were invited on every cruise we have been on for a while. Still cameras are fine; but no video.

We did have a brunch.

We're also elite and have never been invited to bridge tour since gaining status. Last cruise was 12 might Mediterranean just before elite rules changed. We do the same cruise as yours in march. Well see if streak holds out.

I finally read the brunch listing on the dailies posted. It still surprises me how little they publicize that. We usually miss it on our cruises. I need to remember to pay closer attention to the daily (although even doing that isn't a sure thing. We don't eat in mdr so I never think to look at the listing for its times.)

We're also elite and have never been invited to bridge tour since gaining status. Last cruise was 12 might Mediterranean just before elite rules changed. We do the same cruise as yours in march. Well see if streak holds out.

I finally read the brunch listing on the dailies posted. It still surprises me how little they publicize that. We usually miss it on our cruises. I need to remember to pay closer attention to the daily (although even doing that isn't a sure thing. We don't eat in mdr so I never think to look at the listing for its times.)

In that case, I don't know why I was asked to the bridge. Luck, I guess. Good luck on getting invited.

We almost missed brunch; but saw it when looking to see what time the dining room was eon in that day.

Hi Mike ~ as always, a GREAT and informative review with stunning photos. I think you walk the ship in the middle of the night to get the photos with no people ;) !

I appreciate all the time and effort you take to pull a review and photos like this together! Thanks so much!

We have just published our review of our Dec. 7 through Dec. 14 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Reflection. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports, we have also included copies of all the Celebrity Today daily papers; along with the restaurant and bar menus. The review is on our website www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

Hi Mike,

Awesome review & pictures. We'll be cruising the same itinerary late January, so your review is very timely. A question - the pictures of the areas on the Reflection have very few people in them. How were you able to get so many photos of the areas without people mingling around? Obviously a curiosity question.

Thanks again for a great review, the best I've seen on Cruise Critic!!

Dave

Hi Mike ~ as always, a GREAT and informative review with stunning photos. I think you walk the ship in the middle of the night to get the photos with no people ;) !

I appreciate all the time and effort you take to pull a review and photos like this together! Thanks so much!

Thank you so much Anne. I am glad you enjoyed it. The effort we put into the review doesn't compare to the efforts you put into making Cruise Critic a wonderful gathering place for fellow cruisers.

Hi Mike,

Awesome review & pictures. We'll be cruising the same itinerary late January, so your review is very timely. A question - the pictures of the areas on the Reflection have very few people in them. How were you able to get so many photos of the areas without people mingling around? Obviously a curiosity question.

Thanks again for a great review, the best I've seen on Cruise Critic!!

Dave

I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope that it helps you to enjoy your rapidly approaching Reflection cruise.

It's all about timing. I had more difficulty on this cruise since there were so many sea days, so there are more people in the photos than I prefer. I do like to get up early and roam the decks; as well as later at night. But most of the photos are taken during the daytime hours; with me patiently waiting for people to get out of the shots. Or, of course I can keep them out by framing differently.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope that it helps you to enjoy your rapidly approaching Reflection cruise.

It's all about timing. I had more difficulty on this cruise since there were so many sea days, so there are more people in the photos than I prefer. I do like to get up early and roam the decks; as well as later at night. But most of the photos are taken during the daytime hours; with me patiently waiting for people to get out of the shots. Or, of course I can keep them out by framing differently.

Thanks for explaining that. I grew worried Reflection was a ghost ship!

This is definitely an MVP review. We board in 15 days(!!!) Thanks so much!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review. Giving someone a link to your review was much easier than telling someone about the cruise!

As far as your pictures sans people, great job! When we take ship photos, we also try to avoid 'human clutter'!

By the way, I was standing near that window down to the water on the bridge tour when you took that picture!

And I see us in one or two of them.

Absolutely wonderful revue, and terrific website, very comprehensive, We will be on the Jan 4th sailing and feel we know all there is to know, but of course , we don't. Don't know how you find the time to write such a super revue and enjoy yourselves as well. Good Luck and look forward to your next one.

Carol & Mike,

Thanks so much for your great review/write-up/pictures from your December 7-14, 2013, Reflection cruise. We're on the Reflection February 1, 2014, and January 31, 2015. I plan to not only provide a link to it to the other couples going on both cruises with us, but to also give the link to the other cruisers on our February 1 Cruise Critic roll call just in case they have not seen it, yet. Thanks again.

John

Carol and Mike,

We are booked on the Reflection for February, I just loved your review and pictures.

Just wondering did you encounter people on scooters? Only asking since my husband will probably be renting one for this cruise.

Thanks again for such a wonderful review

Carol and Mike,

We are booked on the Reflection for February, I just loved your review and pictures.

Just wondering did you encounter people on scooters? Only asking since my husband will probably be renting one for this cruise.

Thanks again for such a wonderful review

There were some; but after our October New England/Canada cruise that had so many people on scooters, I barely noticed them on the Reflection. At times all the scooters on the Summit made me think of bumper car rides. :D

Go ahead and rent one, it will make your husband special; so you will have an even better time on the cruise. Have a great time!