Door Decorating

KruzAholic

Just don't use "gel clings". On our last cruise we saw someone's door who had done this. Two days later they were removed and we saw that the dark ones, especially red, had left stains on the door. We felt very bad for the cruise line since the doors didn't appear to be painted but made of a type of plastic. Our daughter did this to her white painted closet door when she was younger and we never got it off. I'm not sure if Princess was able to clean it off but the stains remained the rest of the week.

I door decorate but you and I are sharing that little entry area off the main hallway for the suites? I'd like to do a little decoration for Valentine's Day (my Anniv.) but as we have to share the entry area - I'm wondering if my neighbors might think it a bad idea. I guess I'll take the decorations and ask before putting them up. I'd be happy to add some to their side or if they'd rather nothing be there - guess I'll decorate inside the cabin.

People décor, people solicit people do many things...the one thing I did was tissue paper in the keyhole. that was my Décor. to some it is tacky to others its impressive. just as long as you do not air your Laundry out on the balcony. you'll not find some one's elses décor on your door

Especially if you are a smoker that breaks rules on a veranda.

On standard door you will not remove the paint, but on the Better and more elegant cabins I be very careful what you use, even scotch tape the wrong way will dissolve some coloring :)

You should see the way the Jimmy Buffet fan club cruises decorate their doors! Lights, palm trees, hula dancers (the blow-up kind), sharks, pirates (life-sized cardboard cut-outs). People who have rooms at the ends of halls expand theirs around the corners. It has to take nearly a whole suitcase just for the decorations.

On Celebrity, it's not unusual to see a small stocking or a little wreath hanging from the number marker, or a sign taped to the door. I've never seen strings of lights or large 3-d decorations on that line.

Lots of people put a little personalization on their door so they can find their rooms more quickly. Maybe more so after the drinks packages came along....:)

Other than cruise critic signs you do not see that many decorated doors on celeb like on other lines.....but there are some who do decorate very nicely!

and i assume around the holidays there may be more decorating on door...

Easiest way to do this is to recruit the help of your cabin steward. They always are able to assist with minimum damage to doors etc. We had 1 -50th anniv. and 2 -70th B/D in our party. Doors and dining room tables were beautifully done.

We decorate with a cruise ship made out of foam and bouncy ribbons that are attached with duct tape. When on the door, it can be seen from a distance which is a great help when trying to find our room. A quick look down the hallway, and the springy ribbons stand out.

Other passengers have thanked us for the road sign to help them find their own cabin. My pleasure. Friendly people talking to friendlier people, just my style.