MITSUGIRLYS JEWEL OF A CRUISE review and pictorial

mitsugirly

I hope you have a wonderful trip and you are very welcome. I love doing the reviews.

I see all of the beautiful pictures.

Yes, there are pictures there. :confused: I just went back and checked and I can see them.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I hope you have a wonderful trip and you are very welcome. I love doing the reviews.

Yes, there are pictures there. :confused: I just went back and checked and I can see them.

Anyone else having this problem?

it's weird to me, because I can see your pics in other posts and other parts of the review (and in other reviews/TRs) but I see none specifically in the mr sanchos thread.

Congrats on the new grand baby, she's cute as a button!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

LOL, you didn't say anything. Can you see the pictures?

it's weird to me, because I can see your pics in other posts and other parts of the review (and in other reviews/TRs) but I see none specifically in the mr sanchos thread.

Congrats on the new grand baby, she's cute as a button!!

Hmmm, that's really strange. I'm still wondering if anyone else can see the pictures?

Here's the link to all of the pictures, see if you can view them this way.

PC200265-600x450.jpg

No problem here . I can see them all in the link you provided above ..

Lovely ;)

Sanchos

But can you see the pictures in the actual thread with the review part? :confused:

What a fabulous time I had reading this thread and looking at your great pictures. We have booked with Nativeway for April and now looking really forward to it.

Wonderful job.:):)

So glad you had a wonderful time reading the review. Nativeway was awesome and we highly recommend them. It was our favorite day. :)

LOL, you didn't say anything. Can you see the pictures?

Hmmm, that's really strange. I'm still wondering if anyone else can see the pictures?

Here's the link to all of the pictures, see if you can view them this way.

PC200265-600x450.jpg

I can see them in the link to your smugmug just fine. I can't see them here in the thread, even tried at home (I'm at work now) and on my cell phone. No pics in that post. Again, I can see pics in other posts of yours but that one is no dice....

I can see them in the link to your smugmug just fine. I can't see them here in the thread, even tried at home (I'm at work now) and on my cell phone. No pics in that post. Again, I can see pics in other posts of yours but that one is no dice....

I know YOU can't see them in the original post...I'm asking OTHERS if they can see them IN the review. You were the only one that posted that you couldn't see them in the review. That's why I keep asking others if they are able to view them. ;) :D

Hello,

You helped me on the Cozumel board and when I was doing a search of "Hilton Rose Hall" I was directed to your review...thank you!! Your photos are as usual amazing, and your write-up has convinced me to spend the money with Resort for a Day. It looks wonderful and even though I'm not thrilled at the price, in the big picture what's a few more dollars (!!) as it looks like a memorable day and perfect for the two little granddaughters (4 & 9) who will be with us, with their Mom and dad, of course!

Question...is there free wifi at the resort?

thanks!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Hey Kim, I just checked and I have no trouble seeing your Mr. Sancho's pictures, or any of your other great pictures!

Sigh, my Pearl cruise Jan. 5th-12th went by so quickly and now I'm back home in the frozen North! I had a great time, too, and definitely noticed the Fabergé eggs in the Summer Palace dining room.:)

Heather

Hello,

You helped me on the Cozumel board and when I was doing a search of "Hilton Rose Hall" I was directed to your review...thank you!! Your photos are as usual amazing, and your write-up has convinced me to spend the money with Resort for a Day. It looks wonderful and even though I'm not thrilled at the price, in the big picture what's a few more dollars (!!) as it looks like a memorable day and perfect for the two little granddaughters (4 & 9) who will be with us, with their Mom and dad, of course!

Question...is there free wifi at the resort?

thanks!

You will have a great time there and the kids will love the water park area. It's just so beautiful there. It feels like a luxury resort for sure. I thought it was definitely worth the extra $$ (even though as you read in my review, it wasn't the best day for me because of the hubby).

YES, free wifi (that was the problem with the hubby...he wouldn't get off of it :p). He was on it at the hotel in the internet room. However, people were on the net down by the pool area (slides) with no problems either. You just have to get the log on information like you do with any hotel. :)

Hey Kim, I just checked and I have no trouble seeing your Mr. Sancho's pictures, or any of your other great pictures!

Sigh, my Pearl cruise Jan. 5th-12th went by so quickly and now I'm back home in the frozen North! I had a great time, too, and definitely noticed the Fabergé eggs in the Summer Palace dining room.:)

Heather

Ok, I was beginning to wonder why it wasn't able to be viewed within my review. I'm glad people can still see them.

We have been freezing here too. It was -8 when I came home from work last night. Brrrrrr :mad: All I can do is think about wanting another cruise. :p

How old is your daughter? I think I remember in your review of the Jamaica Hilton Rose Hall you said you got a refund for her...just wondering!

Thx again!

Carole in cold, icy North Carolina!

I didn't get a refund, they just didn't charge me for her. (I did originally pay the deposit on her with the Resort for a Day...which I didn't get back).

She is 5 years old. :)

I didn't get a refund, they just didn't charge me for her. (I did originally pay the deposit on her with the Resort for a Day...which I didn't get back).

She is 5 years old. :)

Thanks...she is very cute! Perhaps we will get the same pleasant surprise for our five year old granddaughter...we made the reservations today with Resort for a Day and I am sure DD paid the deposit for her..

Thanks again...your wonderful review sealed the deal for us!

See that you are from Ohio...I know you have had a bad winter, and hoping for all of our sake that Spring is right around the corner!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thanks...she is very cute! Perhaps we will get the same pleasant surprise for our five year old granddaughter...we made the reservations today with Resort for a Day and I am sure DD paid the deposit for her..

Thanks again...your wonderful review sealed the deal for us!

See that you are from Ohio...I know you have had a bad winter, and hoping for all of our sake that Spring is right around the corner!

Thank you.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Yep, Ohio is getting slammed with snow and very cold weather this winter. :( I can't wait until spring is here.

Thanks for another great review. Do you have any plans to cruise on the Dawn to Bermuda in the near future? Say yes. Would love to read a mitsugirly review on that one, as I am stuck in a Carnival rut and need to get back to cruising other lines and the Dawn is one I'm considering.

Congrats on the new babies! I bet Sakari is in her glory since she is old and wise enough to help. This is ridic--it's like we know you. Lol.

Thank you for this fantastic review!! I'm so thankful people take the time to do this for researchers like me to devour! =)

I had a couple questions. Where do you find out how full your sailing is?

We have 4 small kiddos ages 3 to 8 (at time of sailing) and I'm nervous about how full the seating is in buffet, dragging 4 kids and trays along to eat and how long the meals in the MDR are. Seems like I'm in trouble either way. I've heard that complaint so many times w/NCL and I worry about entertaining all of them so long. With identical itineraries, ports one hour apart and only about $100 difference we could sail the Jewel or RCI's Navigator. Knowing my set up and concerns, would you suggest NCL or RCI??

Thanks for another great review. Do you have any plans to cruise on the Dawn to Bermuda in the near future? Say yes. Would love to read a mitsugirly review on that one, as I am stuck in a Carnival rut and need to get back to cruising other lines and the Dawn is one I'm considering.

Congrats on the new babies! I bet Sakari is in her glory since she is old and wise enough to help. This is ridic--it's like we know you. Lol.

Actually YES, I am considering Dawn to Bermuda. That's REALLY what I want to do this summer. I had originally booked Dawn from NOLA last Christmas (well, wait, it's now 2014...so I mean the Christmas prior to this Jewel Christmas, so 2012) because I really wanted to go on the Dawn. Then when I found out that the Dawn would be going to Bermuda this summer, I cancelled (because I didn't want to sail on it twice) and booked the Star instead.

I constantly watch the prices on the Dawn and the Breakaway to Bermuda. It will be one or the other (unless I decide to do the Getaway to an Eastern cruise this summer). I just really need something new (other than the Western itinerary, which is getting old to me).

So...you might just get that review after all. :D

LOL, had to laugh at your Sakari statement. Yes, it's like everyone around here personally knows me at this point. :o She LOVES her new little niece and always ask to "watch her" for her big sissy. Another grandbaby is due in less than 2 weeks. :eek: I can't wait.

Thank you for this fantastic review!! I'm so thankful people take the time to do this for researchers like me to devour! =)

I had a couple questions. Where do you find out how full your sailing is?

We have 4 small kiddos ages 3 to 8 (at time of sailing) and I'm nervous about how full the seating is in buffet, dragging 4 kids and trays along to eat and how long the meals in the MDR are. Seems like I'm in trouble either way. I've heard that complaint so many times w/NCL and I worry about entertaining all of them so long. With identical itineraries, ports one hour apart and only about $100 difference we could sail the Jewel or RCI's Navigator. Knowing my set up and concerns, would you suggest NCL or RCI??

I honestly don't know if there's an actual "place" to find out how full your sailing is. We have always ask at our meet & greet. I do know that when you start checking online and you see rooms becoming unavailable...it is filling up. :p That's the only way I know ahead of time.

Honestly, with the seating in the buffet, I have read many reviews since our Jewel cruise where they didn't have a problem finding a seat. You have to remember, we were sailing at a "high volume" date with it being Christmas. So I imagine we were probably "fuller" than most sailings (as long as you are sailing off season). As for the MDR, I just don't know what the problem was there.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you out with RCI. I haven't sailed with them since the 1990's and have no idea what they are like these days. (I hope to sail with them again some day...I would especially like to go on the Allure or Oasis).