MITSUGIRLYS JEWEL OF A CRUISE review and pictorial

mitsugirly

Kim

Thank you for posting another amazing review. The Jewel was our first ever cruise and it still holds a special place in our hearts.

Your photographs are amazing. You have a great eye. And I have to say your daughter is precious. I just wish my son was as helpful in getting photos :rolleyes: He will barely stop for a second and gives a cheesy smile if we get any.

Can't wait to read about your next adventure.

Well thanks for coming over and joining in.

Wow, how neat. I graduated from Franklin Heights (84) any chance you were my teacher? :D

No, I was teaching at Prairie Norton then. I taught 4th grade.

It is a small world!!!

Kudos to a superb job writing this review! Thanks also for the virtual cruise during this COLD weather! I have just been reading along until the end, not commenting, but I did really, really laugh when you said you were smiling w/ the mashed potatoes squirting thru your teeth at one point when the photographer came by in the MDR! :p

I appreciate all the effort you go to in documenting your trips. The pictures are amazing & truly worth a 1000 words, but thankfully, you are good with words too!

Hi Mitsugirly..... love your review :o.( still reading it) I am planning a family trip this Dec. on the Epic. Do you suggest this time of year to travel. I notice in your review that the ship was pack. I would also like to know how was the weather that time of year in the Caribbean:p ? would love any feed back from anyone thanks.....

Kim

Thank you for posting another amazing review. The Jewel was our first ever cruise and it still holds a special place in our hearts.

Your photographs are amazing. You have a great eye. And I have to say your daughter is precious. I just wish my son was as helpful in getting photos :rolleyes: He will barely stop for a second and gives a cheesy smile if we get any.

Can't wait to read about your next adventure.

Thanks so much for the compliments. My daughter is so use to taking her pictures that she can instantly stop what she's doing (unless it involves water, then she'll put up a fight) and pose, then go back to what she's doing. She been around my camera fetish all her life and I'm constantly taking pics of her (like the kind you would do in a studio). She loves it.

No, I was teaching at Prairie Norton then. I taught 4th grade.

It is a small world!!!

Yes it is. I went to Prairie Norton when I was in 5th grade once a week. They use to take 1 child per school (each elementary) once a week to Prairie to learn French, do research and presentations. That was me from our school in 5th grade. hehe :p

Kudos to a superb job writing this review! Thanks also for the virtual cruise during this COLD weather! I have just been reading along until the end, not commenting, but I did really, really laugh when you said you were smiling w/ the mashed potatoes squirting thru your teeth at one point when the photographer came by in the MDR! :p

I appreciate all the effort you go to in documenting your trips. The pictures are amazing & truly worth a 1000 words, but thankfully, you are good with words too!

Aww thanks for the compliments. I love when it's not a boring review and entertaining. We love to live and laugh. :D

Hi Mitsugirly..... love your review :o.( still reading it) I am planning a family trip this Dec. on the Epic. Do you suggest this time of year to travel. I notice in your review that the ship was pack. I would also like to know how was the weather that time of year in the Caribbean:p ? would love any feed back from anyone thanks.....

We haven't had a problem traveling this time of year and when you go to the Caribbean, the weather is still the same....hot. The only issues we have ever ran in to sailing in December is if we sail out of NOLA (like this cruise and our Star cruise was) and the weather isn't as warm or rainy. But sailing out of Florida, it has always been nice. Of course it's hard to predict the weather and some people run into rain during their cruise while others, like us, have always had pretty decent weather in the cruise ports with sun and heat. Mother nature can be unpredictable.

As far as the ship being packed, it depends on what week you are cruising. Closer to the holidays, it will be more packed. However, I have never felt one of NCL's ship as packed as this one. I'm not sure what the reason was for it this time around. It was mostly just the buffet area though. Not the rest of the ship. It wasn't to bad though. :) Just remember, we were sailing at full capacity and that doesn't always happen.

Thank you for the post it has made my up coming trip more exciting and less stressful. Having never cruise with NCL before I was feeling alittle overwhelmed not knowing about the ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the post it has made my up coming trip more exciting and less stressful. Having never cruise with NCL before I was feeling alittle overwhelmed not knowing about the ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

You are very welcome. Have a great trip.

Thanks for all of your wonderful reports. You certainly have made my husband and I much more comfortable about a first time on the Jewel next week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Thank you for the great review! Wondering what camera you used for the under water shots? Great pics!

Thanks again!

Jen

I have an Olympus Tough camera and a Canon D10. The Olympus is used 90% of the time now. :) They are both point and shoot cameras.

Mitsugirly.......I see that you been on a lot of ncl Cruise. Which ship do you like? Do you suggest Ncl EPIC for a family with kids 5,10 years old. This will be their first cruise.

I personally love the Epic. It's my favorite. But, there are also a lot of people that don't like it for various reasons (one of the complaints was the wave rooms and bathrooms). But, when we went on the Epic, we didn't have our little one with us. I now wish that we did because they have Nickelodeon on that ship and she would have loved the water park as well. :)

Mitsugirly

Have to say a big thanks for the reviews. Leaving on the dream on Saturday, just booked 2 days ago, but reading your reviews have really helped in getting an understanding of the ship and getting some excursions booked. What camera do you use? Looking to replace our waterproof camera and love the quality of your photos.

Mitsugirly

Have to say a big thanks for the reviews. Leaving on the dream on Saturday, just booked 2 days ago, but reading your reviews have really helped in getting an understanding of the ship and getting some excursions booked. What camera do you use? Looking to replace our waterproof camera and love the quality of your photos.

You're welcome. I hope you have a wonderful time on the Dream. We loved it.

I have an Olympus Tough point and shoot camera. I also have a Canon D10. :)

So today, I sit here typing from a couch in the hospital in Labor & Delivery.

My oldest daughter is giving birth to my granddaughter today. She has reminded me daily about not being able to go on this Jewel cruise with me because she found out she was pregnant a week after our May cruise, so she had to cancel. Today will finally put an end to all of the sad puppy dog faces and whining. She will get to have her baby girl in her arms later today and it will all be worth a "missed cruise". :)

My oldest daughter is giving birth to my granddaughter today. She has reminded me daily about not being able to go on this Jewel cruise with me because she found out she was pregnant a week after our May cruise, so she had to cancel. Today will finally put an end to all of the sad puppy dog faces and whining. She will get to have her baby girl in her arms later today and it will all be worth a "missed cruise". :)

Congrats to you and your daughter..nothing better than a brand new baby!

Since you have always been kind enough to share your nursing school challenges..I wanted to share with you that I got my first RN job today! Mother & baby at a hospital that I love, pt nights, but I'm just so happy to have a job and that it is mother & baby is even better. All that work in nursing school is paying off, and it will for you too shortly!

Congratulations on being a Grandma again. I hope you will share a picture of the new granddaughter. I agree, when she has that new baby in her arms she'll realize how much more important that baby is than any cruise.

Thanks for the info and review.

Do you have pictures from Mr. Sanchos?

Kim,

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like there are supposed to be pictures in the review- based on the way it's spaced on my screen- but none show up for me.

I'm trying to decide between Mr. S and Nachi and your review was really helpful. Thanks!

--Nikki

Congratulations to all!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much.

Congrats to you and your daughter..nothing better than a brand new baby!

Since you have always been kind enough to share your nursing school challenges..I wanted to share with you that I got my first RN job today! Mother & baby at a hospital that I love, pt nights, but I'm just so happy to have a job and that it is mother & baby is even better. All that work in nursing school is paying off, and it will for you too shortly!

Thank you and congrats on your new job. As you can tell...I've been pretty busy with going back to school and a new granddaughter as well. I have a grandson on the way in less than a month as well. Whew...it's a busy time for me. So happy to hear that you got your dream job. It sounds wonderful. I hope I'm as lucky. :)

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! That will surely brighten up any day.:D

Do you recall what time they started disembarking?

Thanks and honestly I'm not sure on the disembarking because we always stay on the ship as long as we can. No need to rush off. :D

Congratulations on being a Grandma again. I hope you will share a picture of the new granddaughter. I agree, when she has that new baby in her arms she'll realize how much more important that baby is than any cruise.

Thanks so much. I get non-stop pictures of the grandbaby all day long (yea I think someone's a proud mom).

Mommy already has her dressing up in zebra and cheetah print (lol).

1519528_10202424929798344_122711191_o_zps35dcfb61.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for writing this wonderful review! We're trying Mr. Sanchos AI for the first time later this month, and your pics/descriptions are by far the most detailed I've found.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and you are very welcome. I love doing the reviews.

Kim,

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like there are supposed to be pictures in the review- based on the way it's spaced on my screen- but none show up for me.

I'm trying to decide between Mr. S and Nachi and your review was really helpful. Thanks!

--Nikki

Yes, there are pictures there. :confused: I just went back and checked and I can see them.

Anyone else having this problem?