MITSUGIRLYS JEWEL OF A CRUISE review and pictorial

mitsugirly

Next up you walk along the Shakers Martini & Cocktail Bar. I don't know why this was considered a different bar than the Magnum's Champagne & Wine Bar because it's all the same bar, it just does a turn and down the hall. I didn't find anything interesting in this area I guess because the only thing that caught my eye were the huge signs on the side along the walk.

PC210504-L.jpg

PC210503-L.jpg

It's so much fun following along with your "cruise" through the Jewel. We were on her only once, and just for one night, so we didn't have much time to get acquainted with her.

You definitely need more than 1 night to get acquainted with her. We actually found something we didn't know was there on the last sea day. :D

Replicas. The real ones were small and are worth MILLIONS. Only a few still exist I think. The Queen of England has at least one.

Oh, yikes. :eek:

Really enjoying your reports. Looking forward to more!

Thanks and glad to have you along.

Enjoying your review, as always :) Merry Christmas!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to you too! :)

As we walk around the corner you come to Magnum's Champagne & Wine Bar. I loved the way this looked on the Pearl and this is identical to that. The bubbling water around the bar just makes this place beautiful. It does change colors but from the looks of my pictures, I must have caught it every time it changed to pink. Hey, pink is a good bright color right? Enjoy your pink fix for the day.

PC150155-L.jpg

PC210553-L.jpg

PC150156-L.jpg

Oops, maybe I did catch it on an "off" color after all.

PC150154-L.jpg

Run, stop, pose, you know the drill Sakari....

PC150157-L.jpg

This place is opened to the area above and is 2 stories. Here's the steps leading up to deck 7.

PC210595-L.jpg

If you caught a glimpse in the image above, you will notice they had a gingerbread village set up here. It was cute, but it didn't hold a candle (or lights in this case) to the one they had on the Star last Christmas.

PC150150-L.jpg

PC150151-L.jpg

PC150152-L.jpg

PC150153-L.jpg

Here's an over all view of the place. I also love the lighting in the ceiling (which is the same as the Pearl). I was almost positive that I got a picture of just it, but I can't seem to find it.

PC150325-L.jpg

Within this area, there is also a piano and someone was playing there nightly. I don't know why I didn't think to snap a picture of this, but it's on the opposite side of the bubble water.

Edited by mitsugirly

There is a door in the corner beside the piano stage that leads you to the Cigar Bar (I'm not sure why it's not listed on the blue prints on NCL's page, but it's there). This room would later prove to be a "good" room for us. Details later, you'll just have to stop being impatient and keep reading why. :D

PC150161-L.jpg

Beautiful pictures and great review. We were on the Jewel on Thanksgiving and had a blast. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Thanks. I always wondered if they did anything different on a Thanksgiving cruise. Do they serve turkey with all the fixins'?

I am very much enjoying your review and pictures, just three month till we will be on the Jewel. We are staying at the Sheratan for two nights pre.

Thanks and I hope you stick around for the rest. :)

Le Bistro-although we didn't eat here, we did spend some time in here off and on and another "favorite" place for a different kind of reason other than eating (I know....gasp, like there's anything better than eating?) which you will find out why later. Yep, I'm still leaving you hanging. :D

PC150159-L.jpg

PC150160-L.jpg

The following picture is "R" rated, so please be advised and hide your childrens eyes...

PC150158-L.jpg

Or maybe not. :confused:

Thanks for another wonderful review! I'm heading out on Pearl in 11 days and can't wait. And yes, I've already looked at your Pearl review.:D Merry Christmas to you and yours.:)

Heather

Have a wonderful cruise on the Pearl and Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Great start Kim!!! Oh my goodness, someone is not so tiny anymore either;)

She's a "big girl" now if you ask her...sometimes too big for her britches. Her new saying these days are "what's the matter with you???" and not in a way that she's asking if you are ok, but in a way that you did something wrong and she's knows it and wants to know what your problem is. :D She totally cracks me up.

Now to the end of the ship (or the beginning depending on where you are at)...or the front of the ship.

The Stardust Theatre. This is your normal big 2 story venue with all the great entertainment in the evenings and game shows during the day. It was beautiful just like the Pearl and set up exactly the same. The only gripe I have about this place is the rows being too close. It really made me miss the huge rows with plenty of walking room down each isle with the tables to put your drinks on while watching the show like the Carnival Dream had. There's a lot of up and down going on once you sit down and even during the show for those "late arrivals" that usually get called out by the performers.

PC150169-L.jpg

PC150170-L.jpg

PC150171-L.jpg

PC150172-L.jpg

PC150173-L.jpg

Sakari insisted that I take her picture on the stage because she remembered being on the stage on the Star when they had their Circus show and she was ready to be on stage again. It was all she talked about during the cruise. She told everyone she came in contact that she was going to be a "tiger in a circus show". Of course they had no idea what she was talking about and probably took one look at our family and thought "yea, there's a circus alright".

PC150174-L.jpg

Heading back down the hallway you will find a beautiful Christmas tree. It was really pretty when they had the lights out in the halls. I tried several times during the week to get a picture of it and they wouldn't turn out. Gotta love lighting and cameras. This was the best that I was able to get.

PC210599-L.jpg

PC170166-L.jpg

Since we are in Stardust, we might as well get some exercise before beginning our week of binge eating and walk up these stairs and head to the 7th floor to continue our tour. Come on, no griping, you'll be glad you did by the end of the week, because by the end of the week, you won't be able to make it up those stairs unless it's by aide of a hoist. You'll be thanking me...wink wink.

So now we are heading along the starboard or port side...which ever suits your fancy because they both lead to the same place...The Fyzz Lounge and Bar.

This is really a neat little place. We went here several times for some Nickleodeon things, listen to some karaoke, and just passing through at times. It had an outer space type of theme to it. It's just a neat little funky colorful place.

PC160115-L.jpg

PC150327-L.jpg

PC150326-L.jpg

PC160116-L.jpg

I have a really bad habit of "walking and snapping" and it's not my fingers (well, it is, but you know what I mean). I just don't stay still long enough to "compose" a picture and walk and snap, walk and snap. They don't always come out, but I'll keep trying on the next round. If not, sorry guys, you get blurry pictures....or one like the next one with my finger in the way. hehe

PC210597-L.jpg

PC210596-L.jpg

Off to the side of this room there are 3 doors with the rooms named after colors (like the green room and so on). They were NEVER opened when we walked by or where in there. When I came home and looked up what they are supposed to be and it says they are Karaoke rooms.

Walking out of the Fyzz Lounge you will come to another open area (which is the 2nd story opening to the Champagne bar).

To the right, you will find the Sake and Sushi bar

PC160120-L.jpg

PC210594-L.jpg

Beyond that is the Asian restaurant Chin Chin. We always eat here every cruise (or whatever Asian restaurant they have), but for some reason, we decided we didn't feel like doing any of the pay restaurants and were perfectly happy with the free meals. This will be the first cruise we haven't done at least 1 specialty restaurant and I have to say, I didn't really miss it. We were eating all the time anyhow.

PC150323-L.jpg

You have to walk through the Chin Chin restaurant to get to the Teppanyaki Restaurant. I didn't go in there but the place is set up exactly like the Pearl.

PC150149-L.jpg

Walking on down the hall out of the Asian restaurant area

PC160121-L.jpg

This is another shot of one of the similar hallways like above, I just don't remember where it was located. It always makes for a nice view of the ocean or if you just like to sit and people watch.

PC210592-L.jpg

"Sakari insisted that I take her picture on the stage because she remembered being on the stage on the Star when they had their Circus show and she was ready to be on stage again. It was all she talked about during the cruise. She told everyone she came in contact that she was going to be a "tiger in a circus show"."

My daughter Callie is a year younger than Sakari and she was also a tiger in their circus. Seriously adorable!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the kids club and the Nick Jr events. Was Sakari excited to see any of the characters?

I was on the week before you and can't wait to hear your take on everything. Plus I am so glad that you posted pics...I didn't take very many of the actual ship interior, so this is bringing back memories!

I will start my "daily" review once I get all of the ship tour pictures posted. That's when I'll tell most of my thoughts on the ship and service, plus what we did in the ports. Stay tuned and thanks for joining me. :)

"Sakari insisted that I take her picture on the stage because she remembered being on the stage on the Star when they had their Circus show and she was ready to be on stage again. It was all she talked about during the cruise. She told everyone she came in contact that she was going to be a "tiger in a circus show"."

My daughter Callie is a year younger than Sakari and she was also a tiger in their circus. Seriously adorable!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the kids club and the Nick Jr events. Was Sakari excited to see any of the characters?

Last Christmas Sakari was also a tiger and she loved this show they did. This year again, we knew ahead of time that since she is still in the same age group (3-5) that she would be a tiger again. The next time she moves up to a "trick" status. Her friend that she met last NCL cruise decided to cruise with us again this time, however, she just turned 6 and wasn't able to go in the kids club with Sakari (Sakari was really bummed) and they had her doing the "spinning the plate on a stick" trick. I don't want my baby to grow up so fast. :(

She absolutely LOVED the characters and the Nick events. I wish they had them on every NCL ship. :p

Now we have officially made it to the Atrium. It's not the grand atrium that I like to see, but it will do. It was exactly like the Pearl except the ceilings icicles changed colors, which was neat.

PC150319-L.jpg

It included the piano in the middle and they had someone playing in the evenings either there or upstairs on the landing of the steps in front of the big screen tv.

PC150187-L.jpg

Boy I have to say I can tell the difference in my 2 cameras. I really loved my Canon D10 when I got it, so much that I ended up buying 2 of them. The first one ended up quitting out on me right after we came home from our Star cruise and this one looks like either the quality of the pictures are not as good as they use to be and the pictures are not vivid anymore or either my new camera (the Olympus) is even better than I had originally thought. I can definitely tell the difference.

PC210520-L.jpg

PC150320-L.jpg

Looking down into the Atrium from upstairs

PC150194-L.jpg

As you can tell the difference in the vivid colors of the over all picture, you can really tell in the lights above. Although I do have to admit, during the day they didn't seem as bright as at night and especially when you get up close to them on the second floor.

The Christmas tree Norwegian style:

PC170128-L.jpg