priceline bids

cruisnfool

what are the currents winning bids for ft lauderdale and what aras did you bid

You are cruising Easter Week. Don't even think of trying to fit four in a room or getting paying less than $150 for a hotel.

Spend time reading http://www.BetterBidding.com and http://www.BiddingForTravel.com and you can really narrow in on what you want.

what are the currents winning bids for ft lauderdale and what aras did you bid

Without the EXACT date you are looking at no one here can tell you what bids were accepted and where. Even then, an accepted bid one morning might not be accepted on the same evening. Trust me, I KNOW that.;)

I see on hotels.com you can get the Bahia Mar for $79. Way good deal!!! Across the street from the beach. Close to port. Some other hotels listed there too. Also on hotwire you will see some good choices. Lastminutetravel.com is another good site. You are looking at a good date for some deals, as lots of people fly home that day and don't spend the extra night due to school restarting.

Personally I wouldn't use PL when you can find KNOWN hotels at good rates. ( not blind bids) However if you DO want to bid, use any of the discount sites mentioned as a measure and start below those rates by maybe 25% and slowly work up. See what happens.;)

Edited by eandj

One night 4/27/14

If you're cruising on Allure on April 27th 2014 (so are we), then you need a room for April 26th.....

I got a Hotwire rate for Hyatt Pier 66 for $168.

You might want to try Lastminutetravel dot com CLUB. Or join the Hilton Honors MVP Family club for lower Hilton rates.

Do you know how to rebid on Priceline without having to wait 24 hours? There is a little loophole, so you can start bidding low and work your way up. This article describes Priceline rebidding.

I use Hotwire rates to guide my bidding. E.g. say I see a hotel I want for $100 on Hotwire, the max I will go is maybe $90 on Priceline. But I will start off much lower than that (say $60) and work my way up using the rebidding steps above.