Allure of the Seas departing St. Martin Dec. 12, 2013

dmwnc1959

We were on the Allure and I have a few pictures of the RP from Crown Bay (using the incredible 60x1 zoom of a high end Lumix bridge camera) as well as some shots of the Allure and RP docked together in St Martin.

I'll post them in a day or so now that they have been offloaded to my storage external hard drive. First I have to set up a Flickr account.

This was the 12/8 sailing with the snapped cable on Life Boat #1 that delayed us getting to St Thomas by a few hours. Look at picture # 3 and you can see the empty davit at the front of the starboard side.

Thanks for these pictures Dave.

Edited by The Big Booper

Earlier this month I was on Royal Princess doing a B2B and on the second week we were docked next to Allure of the Seas. Here are a few pictures of her as she sailed away from St. Martin. I hope you enjoy them!

11560548145_898a35fe6d_c.jpg

11559951195_9c6d5bc759_c.jpg

11559987144_14f6f753d5_c.jpg

11560095403_7b3199eb38_c.jpg

11560703136_a25ed05410_c.jpg

Fab pics, Thanks for sharing...

Earlier this month I was on Royal Princess doing a B2B and on the second week we were docked next to Allure of the Seas. Here are a few pictures of her as she sailed away from St. Martin. I hope you enjoy them!

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Glad everyone enjoyed the pictures! :D

We were on the Allure and I have a few pictures of the RP from Crown Bay (using the incredible 60x1 zoom of a high end Lumix bridge camera) as well as some shots of the Allure and RP docked together in St Martin.

I'll post them in a day or so now that they have been offloaded to my storage external hard drive. First I have to set up a Flickr account.

This was the 12/8 sailing with the snapped cable on Life Boat #1 that delayed us getting to St Thomas by a few hours. Look at picture # 3 and you can see the empty davit at the front of the starboard side.

Thanks for these pictures Dave.

I see that empty lifeboat station now, whereas before I was looking at the port side instead.

It will be fascinating to see what your pictures look like with that zoom lens! Also if you have any of Royal Princess arriving, or as Allure of the Seas was departing looking back, that would be cool too. :D

Lovely pictures! I have fond memories of that sailaway party on the Helipad from my cruise last November!

Jo :)

I'll have to go back on Allure after making Diamond. I still haven't been on the Helipad on that ship!

It was hazy that day.

These were NOT taken with your iphone. What is your regular camera? << edit>> Olympus SP815. 44.9 zoom. I am learning how to extract info from Flicr.

<<edit>> Amazing how maneuverable these big ships are. Allure appears to be aimed head on into the pier at Crown Bay and then quickly spins 90 degrees to come along side. I thought it would angle past and then back in.

Terrific pictures as always.

Edited by The Big Booper

It was hazy that day.

These were NOT taken with your iphone. What is your regular camera?

<<edit>> Amazing how maneuverable these big ships are. Allure appears to be aimed head on into the pier at Crown Bay and then quickly spins 90 degrees to come along side. I thought it would angle past and then back in.

Terrific pictures as always.

THANKS, and all of the zoom pictures were taken with my regular camera, an Olympus SP-815UZ that I bought off of HSN.

Here's one prior to Allure's arrival that I did take with my iPhone:

11542954705_fd243ab653_c.jpg

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Amazing how maneuverable these big ships are. Allure appears to be aimed head on into the pier at Crown Bay and then quickly spins 90 degrees to come along side. I thought it would angle past and then back in.

Most all of the pictures I've seen of those ships docked at Crown Bay have been 'bow in'.

I'll have to go back on Allure after making Diamond. I still haven't been on the Helipad on that ship!

You have to do it, it is a brilliant experience. I did it out of St Maarten last November and Labadee in May. I was able to do it is part of the suite guests sailaway party both times. I am looking forward to my cruise on Indy next year as I have been reliably informed that guests have access to the helipad at all times.

Heck, if you don't get on it because you are a suite or high C&A level, you can always partake in yoga as I saw them doing that on there in August!

Jo :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

11560548145_898a35fe6d_c.jpg

I'd like to get this picture from you. That's me in the white hat and blue shirt along with my wife. We were on our honeymoon and it would be great to have this pic for our photo album. I'll send a message to you with my email address.

Thank you for sharing. Always interesting to see your ship from another ship's perspective.

Edited by MrDVC

I'd like to get this picture from you. That's me in the white hat and blue shirt along with my wife. We were on our honeymoon and it would be great to have this pic for our photo album. I'll send a message to you with my email address.

Thank you for sharing. Always interesting to see your ship from another ship's perspective.

It looked like you guys were having fun!

Here is the link to the picture, and if you're familiar with Flickr just click on the 'three white dots' in the lower right corner of the black field to get other sizes or order a print. I don't get any money from it, just the cost for Flickr to print and mail it.

Royal Princess

Royal Princess

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thanks for sharing great pics, it amazes me how the Allure and Oasis look at night. Sailed on both and always feel like the big guy in town when we pull in to dock. :D

Was looking at the RP for our 2014 January cruise but decided to go back to Oasis Eastern cruise. TA was on RP for the weekend sail for TA's. She has been our TA and good friend for 15 years. She was not happy with RP. Knowing me and my wife she said not to take her. There is never a bad cruise, but if you have sailed Oasis class before would like your comments and comparison. We are detected RC cruises but have sailed Princess.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing great pics, it amazes me how the Allure and Oasis look at night. Sailed on both and always feel like the big guy in town when we pull in to dock. :D

Was looking at the RP for our 2014 January cruise but decided to go back to Oasis Eastern cruise. TA was on RP for the weekend sail for TA's. She has been our TA and good friend for 15 years. She was not happy with RP. Knowing me and my wife she said not to take her. There is never a bad cruise, but if you have sailed Oasis class before would like your comments and comparison. We are detected RC cruises but have sailed Princess.

Thanks!

I have been on Allure of the Seas, actually the exact same week, but the year prior, as I was on Royal Princess.

Pictorial review, Allure of the Seas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755471

Allure of the Seas is unique in the cruise industry, and comparing any ship to the Oasis-class is apples to oranges.

If you check my signature, you'll see the 2-week Live thread that I did on Royal Princess.

'Bon Voyage' turned Live thread, Royal Princess (lots of pictures!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107

I would sail on either ship again in a heart beat. But for my money, Royal Princess was a significantly better deal for me and I'm booked again, but on her sister ship Regal Princess still under construction, for 2015.

Edited by dmwnc1959