Why I enjoy Cruising

travelplus

I don't know about you but I just love getting a cup of coffee and pastry and find a deck chair and relax and watch the sea. I really enjoy these simple but memorable moments.

Also I enjoy the food. If someone else is doing the cooking I am very gracious and am willing to try new dishes. I don't know why people complain about what they are being served.

I don't know about you but it's almost an obsession going downstairs every afternoon to see what is being served for dinner and after breakfast to see the menu what is being served for lunch in the Main Dining Room? Why I do this you ask is so that way I can be sure to mix up my selections and see what creativity they have come up with.

I don't think I had the same item twice and if I did it was because it was so delicious.

I am an eclectic foodie when it comes to eating good food I like to be unique in my selection. One of the best meals I had on Royal was Fruit Soup, Lamb Shanks and the International Cheese Platter along with a chocolate dessert.

I also enjoy the Windjammer too.

Another reason I love cruising is because you can dance in the Disco in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. WHen I told my friends who were never on a Trans Atlantic Cruise that I danced in the middle of the ocean they wanted to go on a Trans Atlantic Cruise to enjoy 2 weeks of having fun.

The Solarium is peaceful and I enjoy grabbing coffee and am happy to know there will be a Park Cafe on the Splendour so I can go up and grab a coffee and snack and read or enjoy relaxing in the Solarium. Some people don't like the Seattle's Best Coffee but I happen to enjoy the Royal Caribbean blend they use.

You know I barely spent time in the stateroom I was having so much fun enjoying the activities and the cruise planner was so filled I went into a sensory overload just seeing what is planned for the day.

All in all I love Cruising and will take as many cruises as possible as often as possible.

Wow, you sound just like me! Coffee and a pastry and watching the sea go by while I devour a new book that I can't get to on land.

Love those Transatlantic cruises too, just got back!

And looks like we are neighbors that thing alike! ;)

When I did my first cruise 2 years ago (celebrity) I was so surprised. I never thought that a human being like me can so incredibly be relaxed after only one week.

In Feb. we start our third cruise (first time Royal) with the Jewel and I really can't believe it that there are still 40 days. I'm so glad that I found cruising and like cruising and important is:

I CAN enjoy it. And I also can not understand people who complain everything: they should know: there are also Luxury cruises for 5000 Bucks.... For 600/week it can not be a Ritz every day.

And that I recently found Cruise Critic is great. Sorry for my English-I'm from Berlin, Germany

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

People ask what you do on a cruise. It is really hard to describe, but you have done it nicely.

We seem to have an obsession with "doing" something on holidays. We do stuff at work and at home, often without having quiet time to ourselves, and it is nice to have time to quietly enjoy the sea.

I don't know about you but I just love getting a cup of coffee and pastry and find a deck chair and relax and watch the sea. I really enjoy these simple but memorable moments.

Also I enjoy the food. If someone else is doing the cooking I am very gracious and am willing to try new dishes. I don't know why people complain about what they are being served.

I don't know about you but it's almost an obsession going downstairs every afternoon to see what is being served for dinner and after breakfast to see the menu what is being served for lunch in the Main Dining Room? Why I do this you ask is so that way I can be sure to mix up my selections and see what creativity they have come up with.

I don't think I had the same item twice and if I did it was because it was so delicious.

I am an eclectic foodie when it comes to eating good food I like to be unique in my selection. One of the best meals I had on Royal was Fruit Soup, Lamb Shanks and the International Cheese Platter along with a chocolate dessert.

I also enjoy the Windjammer too.

Another reason I love cruising is because you can dance in the Disco in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. WHen I told my friends who were never on a Trans Atlantic Cruise that I danced in the middle of the ocean they wanted to go on a Trans Atlantic Cruise to enjoy 2 weeks of having fun.

The Solarium is peaceful and I enjoy grabbing coffee and am happy to know there will be a Park Cafe on the Splendour so I can go up and grab a coffee and snack and read or enjoy relaxing in the Solarium. Some people don't like the Seattle's Best Coffee but I happen to enjoy the Royal Caribbean blend they use.

You know I barely spent time in the stateroom I was having so much fun enjoying the activities and the cruise planner was so filled I went into a sensory overload just seeing what is planned for the day.

All in all I love Cruising and will take as many cruises as possible as often as possible.

I almost feel as if you have been reading my mind!...K.O.;):)

I agree w/OP on the food. Lamb Shanks were marvelous - we got the RC cookbook and made their recipe for Christmas dinner! Fabulous!

I love all the Indian Food they have on the ship. I like to try them and mostly I really LOVE them.

We like sitting w/wine and having the cheese tray. We also enjoyed the

Wine Tasting and the Martini Tasting! We also love looking out at the sea and I hope to see something out there (whale, fish etc...).

Have met marvelous people and enjoy talking to them.

I was reading another post on the boards about RUDE people and luckily I have never encountered one!

When I did my first cruise 2 years ago (celebrity) I was so surprised. I never thought that a human being like me can so incredibly be relaxed after only one week.

In Feb. we start our third cruise (first time Royal) with the Jewel and I really can't believe it that there are still 40 days. I'm so glad that I found cruising and like cruising and important is:

I CAN enjoy it. And I also can not understand people who complain everything: they should know: there are also Luxury cruises for 5000 Bucks.... For 600/week it can not be a Ritz every day.

And that I recently found Cruise Critic is great. Sorry for my English-I'm from Berlin, Germany

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Ihr Englisch war wirklich gut.

I agree w/OP on the food. Lamb Shanks were marvelous - we got the RC cookbook and made their recipe for Christmas dinner! Fabulous!

Have met marvelous people and enjoy talking to them.

I was reading another post on the boards about RUDE people and luckily I have never encountered one!

Sounds like a wonderful dinner to me. You will eventually meet a rude cruiser but it will be all the marvellous ones that will make up for the jerk.

Happy New Years to you and yours.

Andrew

To OP: This is just about the BEST post I've seen on CC in a very long time. You are a person who sees all of the upsides of cruising, and focuses on all the joys, large and small about cruising. Thank you for your optimistic and joyful views.

p.s. I also love the lamb shanks, fruit soups, scoping out the menus for the day, and just sitting and watching the ocean:):cool:

Off topic but to answer your other question see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=777698

Thanks Florida Cruiser. I read the article and I am surprised that they ever let them return to RC only to ban them again. I had heard about them before, but never read about them previous.

I guess that is why threads like this about the positives of cruising make up for the small and few negatives.

I totally agree with the OP.

My absolute favorite time is very first thing in the morning in my pj's with my coffee sitting on the balcony. There is something about just sitting and staring out at the ocean that is so relaxing.

Sometimes I find myself going to the Ft Lauderdale webcam, closing my eyes, listening to the sound of the waves coming in and pretending I am onboard a ship :p

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Great thread. I often discuss my love for cruising with friends and coworkers. I find many feel it is too confined and not enough things to do. The ones who question how enjoyable a cruise can be seem to want new experiences. Being in a ship for an entire week seems limiting to them although I think Oasis and Allure might surprise. :)

On the other hand, there are a lot of people like myself who simply want to use vacation time to relax. And I have never been as relaxed as when on a cruise. I am completely away from land, work, and worries. I like reading and walking around deck and looking at the endless ocean water all the way to the horizon. I love departing a port and realizing we are again at sea. I do port excursions for fun but they are not my reason for cruising. It is the freedom to relax while at sea that keeps me returning.

And when you realize it's a habit you don't want to break. You can go to the same places more than once and find something interesting. Not to forget the people you meet that make each day fun.

When you board the ship and say to a crew member "Honey I'm home"

11 Friday's & 1night to sleep. The sea is calling.

Happy New year

Great thread. I often discuss my love for cruising with friends and coworkers. I find many feel it is too confined and not enough things to do. The ones who question how enjoyable a cruise can be seem to want new experiences. Being in a ship for an entire week seems limiting to them although I think Oasis and Allure might surprise. :)

On the other hand, there are a lot of people like myself who simply want to use vacation time to relax. And I have never been as relaxed as when on a cruise. I am completely away from land, work, and worries. I like reading and walking around deck and looking at the endless ocean water all the way to the horizon. I love departing a port and realizing we are again at sea. I do port excursions for fun but they are not my reason for cruising. It is the freedom to relax while at sea that keeps me returning.

The feeling of discovering a new Island is as good as the feeling to come back to the ship again after discovering an island. I had always this WOW affect and I'm so proud to be a part of such great moments... And my experience is that most people are kind, relaxed and optimistic.

I, too, check the menus so I know what I'm going to order so not to hold up the waiter. It is annoying how some people dilly dally and keep the whole table waiting while they choose - then change their mind again when the waiter moves on. Enjoy the food and for those who complain I often wonder what they cook at home each evening for their four course meal.

Back on topic(for me) I'm getting ready to leave for the 3hr. drive to Tampa. Staying at the Quality Inn for the night then leaving on Brilliance for a New Years cruise:D. I can't think of a better way to bring in the New Year.

Happy New Years to you! Have a safe and wonderful cruise making new special memories. I am really jealous here in snowy Canada.