Unforgettable wait staff

Giffer

Have you ever had wait staff in the MDR that were just fantastic and you will never forget?

Just off the Victory and our wait team was amazing. Cesar, Preval snd Kadir were beyond awesome. They were so efficient and friendly. They knew our names when we first sat down and provided excellent service all week long.

The last evening of our cruise we were telling Cesar that he was just as awesome as our first ever waiter on the Paradise, a gentleman named Hector. Cesar stated that Hector was the waiter he first worked with when he joined Carnival so many years ago. How amazing is that. We still have pictures of our girls with Hector back in 2001 and now the pictures of them and Cesar will go up on the wall next to them.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 using Forums mobile app.

Carnival Paradise in 2002. Head waiter Metton and his staff were like family and we have never forgotten them. Every night Metton would make sure the picky child had his favorite dish (even if it meant sending a runner to the 24 hour pizza) and would tease our youngest about seeing him on the dancefloor in the late night hours flirting with girls. It was so much fun we couldn't wait to get to dinner and see them.

Enjoy your cruise,

We still talk about Jacob on The Mariner in 2006 - the way he would say "Uh Huh" after everything we ordered.

And then there was Royal and George on The Legend in 2007. My friend and I were alone at a 10-top for most of the cruise and they made for great company. George's real name was something Eastern European that began with a "D", so my friend started calling him "Dougie". After a couple of days of that, he said "Call me George - because it's more similar." (I guess the translation but certainly not the spelling!) Every time we travel together, at one point, either or my friend or I will say "Call me George - because it's more similar." And we laugh like crazy!

We've had lots of great servers, but Achmad and Chandra on Carnival Legend in 2006 were the best we've had. They doted on the kids and Achmad didn't hesitate to make recommendations and bring out extra dishes. He also worked the Lido grill at lunchtime and sons made a point of visiting every afternoon. Almost 8 years later and sons still think of him.

These folks work unbelievably hard. Another server told us how he worked lunch, had a few hours off, then worked dinner service (both seatings). His goal was to be finished in time to get to the crew buffet before it closed for the evening, because the after-hours food available to the crew wasn't as good.

The last three cruises the wait staff has been memorable for one reason or another.

Magic 2011--we had Ken Byrne's dining room and that itself was amazing. We had wait staff were memorable because of the their names....Ivan, Ivan, and Ivan!!!!!! Interesting how Ken put those three together as servers for the same table.

Liberty 2012--we had 18 people in total and they gave us a 10 top and a 8 top table in the middle section of the aft restaurant. Our table of 10 had Gee and J as our servers and wow, they were amazing. We had four children between 3 and 10 at our table and they treated those girls like little princesses. Always had the chocolate milk handy to refill the glasses! The service was fast and amazing.

Conquest 2013--W and Koko were a riot. They know when they can get away with a little fun/wisecracks and we sure made their cruise memorable! We loved them from the first night cuz Koko was as cheeky as could be and always made us laugh. W would kid around and joke with us. Oddly enough many of the other tables they had around us were very serious and they didn't kid around at all with them. Very much treated them like any staff at any restaurant. We pulled a trick or two on W and Koko and they got a good laugh out of it....even got a shocked look when we quickly removed all cutlery, salt/pepper, and anything that we could take off the table and hide....he knew cuz one of the ladies couldn't stop laughing.....They made dinner fun...

We were on the Norwegian Gem in June. Both my daughter and I have food allergies, and Jeph Augustin was assigned to us. He was absolutely AMAZING and took such wonderful care of us. He would follow us from restaurant to restaurant, always helping us to order ahead to ensure the food was safe for us. He would even come up the the buffet in the morning with us, even though he wasn't assigned to be working at that time. Jeph was truly the most special crew member that we have EVER met on a cruise, and I cried when we had to say goodbye. A true "gem" of cruise ship staff- THANK YOU, Jeph!

My DH and I went on our first cruise, this past February, on the EOS through Royal Caribbean. We skipped our first dinner because we wanted to relax, so we went to the Windjammer. The night after that was the first formal, so we went down and oh my gosh, what great servers greeted us. Ryan, our bar server, John and Sunil, our main waiter, were the most amazing ever. I want to call special attention to Sunil. He treated us like gold and was most attentive (even for some difficult requests we had). I only wish we could have him as our server for every cruise. He was amazing. My only hope is that our servers for our upcoming cruise will be as good. They will have a high standard to live up to. Sunil was the best!:D

Christian and Andre on the Elation back in 1995. That was when they still gave out the placemats with a picture of the ship on the last night. I asked them to sign the back of it and Christian drew me a picture!

On our Victory cruise earlier this month we had table 140 with Melvin and Dan. They were so good with our 4 grandchildren. Dinner was always a fun time.

There was a waiter on the Fascination in 2007 that spoiled my DGD rotten.

We've never had bad service in the MDR except for one cruise on the Ecstacy. We found out that our headwaiter had an abcessed tooth and other waiters were filling in for her. They still took the trouble to sing Happy Birthday to our DGS.

I consider myself very lucky--I've always had terrific experiences with all of the servers on cruises. As was mentioned earlier, all of these wonderful people work extremely hard to make the dining experience a pleasant one.

My very first cruise was taken on the Carnival Pride in 2005, and was a very memorable experience because of our servers Lin and Luis. They were fabulous!

As a first timer, I really didn't know what to expect (the rest of my family on this trip had cruised before), but we were all pleasantly surprised by the wonderful greeting, and the friendly, efficient service. There were two little picky eaters on this trip, and Lin and Luis made sure they were happy and satisfied. They not only made recommendations on food, they were able to give us information about our ports of call and great things to see and do while onshore. Lin and Luis went way above and beyond the call, and we remember their kindness and first class service to this day.

Edited by Laughing Angel

On Liberty 12//2012 we had Ronnie and Francisco while we had ATD. We made sure we had them for dinner every night and then requested them when we realized that they were serving breakfast as well. Sadly we lost contact with them so I could sail with them again.I know Ronnies last cruise on his contract was the 12/8/2012 cruise.

On our Emerald Princess 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise (first Princess cruise for all of us) we opted to do the Anytime Dining. Our first 2 nights in the MDR were so disappointing that we ALMOST did not go back. The 2nd of those nights were my husband's and my Birthday AND our Anniversary so the fact that the service was bad then really swayed our opinion in the wrong direction. It was as though they could not care less about our pleasure. THEN... we gave them ONE more chance and found an absolute GEM - WOODY ! He was the most incredible waiter ever. His partner was named Sakkaria (I am sure that spelling is way wrong). They saved the MDR reputation. Woody worked the Afternoon Tea also and I was truly happy to see him there. I highly recommend partaking their Afternoon Tea. Quite enjoyable. I will always remember how Woody made our experience one to treasure.

On Liberty 12//2012 we had Ronnie and Francisco while we had ATD. We made sure we had them for dinner every night and then requested them when we realized that they were serving breakfast as well. Sadly we lost contact with them so I could sail with them again.I know Ronnies last cruise on his contract was the 12/8/2012 cruise.

Francisco was one of our favourites too (Liberty 2010). Joseph (Valor 2008) was such a great sport. He put up with 8 of us for a week ;) It's a shame that I cannot remember our serving crew on our last 2 Liberty sailings. They were awesome. I do remember Maria (bar staff) who loved my son, and doted on him every night. Wonderful memories!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

After the team we had for the 2nd leg of my B2B on Fantasy last October, I requested them on the next two sailings. Actually, the person I like most is our assistant waiter, not the head waiter. That's because Seville actually took care of us almost exclusively that first time (Rafael is great but he was busy with the two huge tables).

They're in the Jubilee dining room for the regular dining times.

I'll probably sail her again in May. Hope they're still there! Love my guys!! :D

Our favorite waiters ever were Prasan and Cecelio on the Sun Viking way back in 1994. Other unforgettable waiters we have had were Johann on the Regent Sun circa 1995 (our table liked him so much we arranged for a birthday cake when we found out it was his birthday). Honorable mentions to Alan on the Carnival Freedom from last March and Attila Romeo, Jayat and Dannko on the Carnival Sunshine that we disembarked from today. We will miss them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Edited by Laurin612

Every one of my seven cruises ( five on Carnival ) I/we have been blessed with remarkable wait staff, including the one time I had anytime dining on Carnival, and was fortunate to get the same waiters each night.

Several of the head waiters are most memorable, but also one assistant waiter from the Liberty in 2009, his name was Catalin from Romania, and he was very efficient but oh soooooo funny too!. Just loved to go to dinner each night and be entertained by him.:)

I have never had bad or even mediocre waiters on any cruise. They have all been excellent and memorable.