March 23, 2014 Freedom of the Seas

lisaptatc

We're on the week after. Last year we did the same week, lots of kids. That's ok because we have them too. Didn't notice many college kids.

And if I may rant a bit, when I went to college I didn't know anyone who could afford to do a cruise!! I thought the economy was so tough for this age group??

College spring breaks are in March, but usually mid-month. As for HS and below, around here, it's the week before or the week after Easter, which this year is Apr 20, so that's much later than 23 March cruise date. Our March 2012 cruise was right in the middle of college spring breaks. We were on a longer itinerary so not many college kids, but in the ports, it was very obvious. We were in Nassau and Key West which both had a huge amount of college spring breakers.

Is this week spring break for a lot of people? It is for us in Alabama. Just wondering if there might be a lot of college spring breakers on this cruise. Haven't seen a lot of people sign up on the roll call.

I believe the majority of universities and high schools have spring break March 10-14 in 2014.

I will be traveling with my husband and 2 daughters (11 & 9) plus another couple that has two daughters (15 & 9). I'm hoping there are lots of kids their ages to keep them entertained. Just hoping there aren't a huge amount of unruly college spring breakers. I wouldn't think that would be a huge problem on this length of cruise and the cost of this cruise. I've heard horror stories of some other cruise lines and the amount of drunks on the cruise that make it hard to enjoy the pool areas. I'm so excited about this cruise (our first) and can't stop reading this forum!!

I will be traveling with my husband and 2 daughters (11 & 9) plus another couple that has two daughters (15 & 9). I'm hoping there are lots of kids their ages to keep them entertained. Just hoping there aren't a huge amount of unruly college spring breakers. I wouldn't think that would be a huge problem on this length of cruise and the cost of this cruise. I've heard horror stories of some other cruise lines and the amount of drunks on the cruise that make it hard to enjoy the pool areas. I'm so excited about this cruise (our first) and can't stop reading this forum!!

Well as I said it was perfect for us with same age kids last year. We are going again this year, the week after you.

Many college spring breaks align with the middle of the semester. Usually the first to second week of March. K-12 schools are often near/around Easter. This year Easter is very late--so, there is a large spread of dates. I think almost any cruise from the beginning of March to the end of April will have some children onboard.

Long cruises will have less children.

The most important post in this thread is by Seawatch. If FL has spring break you will see lots of kids.:D

no kids with us! i don"t mind them, but when parents let them run amuck, i get annoyed. I almost stepped on a 6 yr old, who was unattended and under the swirling waters of the hot tub. He could have been seriously injured. His parents had left him and his 4yr old brother alone on the pool deck.

Hope it is not too over run with unruly unparented children, or unruly drunk college students.

Were oin this cruise with DD (17) and DS (12). Most of the private schools here in Wisconsin seem to be on Spring break that week, but most public schools near us don't have Spring Break until the week after Easter. For the University of Wisconsin system, Spring break is the week before this cruise.

I know you are in the Milwaukee area, as is my sister. They still seem to tie in with Easter however in the center part of the state we have gone away from that. We are always the last week in March- sometimes tied with Easter but most often not.

It is true that the University of Wisconsin- Madison is on break the week before, but not all of our system schools go on break at the same time. UW-Whitewater will be on break the same week as this cruise while UW-Parkside will be on break the week after this cruise for example.

In short, if you plan to cruise in March or April, be prepared to have all ages aboard.