Cabin Question on Coral

AryMay

We have booked two balcony cabins (B232 and B234) on the Coral for next summer. Are the cabins arranged similar to the layout on the Emerald (which we just sailed)...in other words as you walk down the hallway, every two doors are side by side...then a gap...then two more doors, etc. (since each pair of cabins are mirror images) I am hoping that our two cabin doors are side by side.

Also...is there any way to know for sure if the balcony divider between the two cabins can be opened?

Hopefully this post makes sense! :) I realize neither of these questions are super important...I am just curious.

The balcony divider itself can't be removed as it's welded to the side of the ship. However, a narrow door in the divider can be opened.

Not sure if the two cabins share a slightly recessed entry and are side-by-side but I think so.

You expressed that so much better than my explanation! :)

Is there anyway to find the answer to these questions "for sure?" There are still available cabins nearby and I would be tempted to move if needed to get side by side doors and a door in the balcony divider that opens.

In looking at the deck plans, although entrance doors are not shown, it would appear that the doors to the cabins are right next to each other.

Thanks. We chose adjacent cabins based on the deck plan...I'm just curious about the entry doors and if there is a door that can be opened between the balconies (I think I read that not all balcony dividers can be opened up.)

In looking at the deck plans, although entrance doors are not shown, it would appear that the doors to the cabins are right next to each other.

Not necessarily. On Caribe, there were some cabins that had a lone door, so the fact that 232 is an end cabin doesn't automatically mean its door is twinned with 234.

OP, maybe you could ask someone on the roll call for the Coral's upcoming voyage to check it out for you.

Not necessarily. On Caribe, there were some cabins that had a lone door, so the fact that 232 is an end cabin doesn't automatically mean its door is twinned with 234.

OP, maybe you could ask someone on the roll call for the Coral's upcoming voyage to check it out for you.

Excellent idea!

Well, since we're all playing Sherlock Holmes here, I'll add my guess based on a study of the deck plan on Cruise Deck Plans dot com:

B232 and B234 are the first two cabins after the shift in the corridor. There is a total of 8 cabins in that section before the next corridor bump. So, my dear Watson, it seems likely that there are 4 pairs of doors and B232 and B234 are paired as you hope.

B232 and B234 are the first two cabins after the shift in the corridor. There is a total of 8 cabins in that section before the next corridor bump. So, my dear Watson, it seems likely that there are 4 pairs of doors and B232 and B234 are paired as you hope.
Thats why I said I thought but often, the two cabin doors on either side of the fire break are "lone" doors. I didn't see where the fire breaks are on the deck plans. That's why I didn't want to assume that these cabin doors are immediately adjacent.

Thats why I said I thought but often, the two cabin doors on either side of the fire break are "lone" doors. I didn't see where the fire breaks are on the deck plans. That's why I didn't want to assume that these cabin doors are immediately adjacent.

Good point Pam. You have more experience than I do, so I defer to your wisdom. [but I have the advantage of being about to sail on this ship -- so as I have promised AryMay on our Roll Call, I'll try to remember to take a picture that answers the question definitively.]

If I remember correctly, the firebreaks on the Emerald were where the number groups changed...ie 300's, 400's, 500's, etc. BUT with the bump outs on the Coral do you think it will be different?

My whole cruise will be absolutely ruined if the cabin doors aren't next to each other!!! ;) ;)

Here is my take. I reviewed the old deck plans for the Coral where cabin differences are coded. There is no mention of any differences for these two staterooms. The have the standard balcony stateroom layout. Normally stateroom baths are connected back to back with a common access to the plumbing from a corridor closet. In your case I would think that the cabin doorways would be between the two cabins B234 & B232. Probably the mini suite, B320, would have plumbing access in the area where the cabin extends into the corridor.

Regarding a doorway connection on the balcony, you really have to contact Princess unless you can locate someone that has been in one of these cabins. There normally is a narrow doorway that allows you to walk between the two balconies, but it doesn't allow you to double the size of the balcony, if that is what you are looking for.

Another point, since you will be on an Alaska cruise don't expect to lounge around on the balcony too much.

Just a point, since these are cat. BE staterooms there is a real chance that one or both will be upgraded to a different area of the ship and probably will not be together. Therefore, if you want these cabins and no others have your TA mark them "No Upgrade." But, from what I have been reading here on these boards lately, Princess seems to ignore the no upgrade request whenever they wish.

We spend more hours on the balcony in Alaska then most other parts of the world. ;)

Agreed, balconies in cold but scenic itineraries are awesome as you can get into a warm place really fast!

A note to OP, as I assume this is an Alaska cruise, we've twice sailed with good friends on cold but scenic itineraries (New Zealand fjords and Antarctica) and found that booking balconies on opposite sides of the ship is useful to make sure you've always got balcony access to the "best" scenery. Just something else to consider.

We have booked two balcony cabins (B232 and B234) on the Coral for next summer. Are the cabins arranged similar to the layout on the Emerald (which we just sailed)...in other words as you walk down the hallway, every two doors are side by side...then a gap...then two more doors, etc. (since each pair of cabins are mirror images) I am hoping that our two cabin doors are side by side.

Also...is there any way to know for sure if the balcony divider between the two cabins can be opened?

Hopefully this post makes sense! :) I realize neither of these questions are super important...I am just curious.

Sailing on the Jan. 8th sailing (saw your post on the roll call there as well). Will try to rememebr to snap a photo of the cabin entrances and post upon return. Probably won't be able to tell you about the balcony divider though.

Sailing on the Jan. 8th sailing (saw your post on the roll call there as well). Will try to rememebr to snap a photo of the cabin entrances and post upon return. Probably won't be able to tell you about the balcony divider though.

Thanks! I will look forward to seeing "our doors!" :)

If I remember correctly, the firebreaks on the Emerald were where the number groups changed...ie 300's, 400's, 500's, etc. BUT with the bump outs on the Coral do you think it will be different?
That is correct but sometimes, it isn't if there's a full suite in the middle of the number sequence. :) I just can't remember the Coral well enough to remember whether the bump-out cabin doors affect which doors are next to each other. No matter what, you can always bang on the wall. :)

Hi AryMay,

We were on the Coral 11/26/13 so the cruise is still pretty fresh in mind. We had cabins C309 and C307 on the Caribe deck. They were the first 2 cabins in the bump out on the other side of the ship from you. Our cabins were 2 inset doors side by side and if I recall they were all similar in that portion of the ship except for the suites in the very front where the secret door was.

Also, we had the cabin stewardess open the door between balconies. Only the door could be opened not the whole balcony but it was sufficient to walk back and forth between cabins. A little tip though...there was no way to keep the door from swinging back and forth. It would not stay open by itself so we tied the one part of the door to balcony with a plastic bag. Not the best way but it kept the door attached to the wall for the whole cruise with no issues.

I hope this helps! Have a wonderful cruise.

It was our first time on Princess and the Coral was a beautiful ship.

• 4 weeks later...

To answer your first question, B322 and B324 are adjoining. (See photos). As for your other question, I cannot say.

cabindoor1.jpg.2ab11b669cbbe1e76963e379e8a1c6ba.jpg

cabindoor2.jpg.3737fe7515914e96e4f7596fc519c9ba.jpg

To answer your first question, B322 and B324 are adjoining. (See photos). As for your other question, I cannot say.

Thanks! I can't see the cabin numbers well enough to make them out in the photos, but the cabins we booked are B232and B234...not B322 and B324 as you mentioned. Do you know which ones are in your photo?

The mystery continues... ;)

I am so very sorry. I did not have my internet connection, and i must have transposed the numbers of the staterooms when I wrote them down.

That said, the Coral Princess is in really good shape, and is awaiting your arrival

I still applaud you for the effort! The location of the cabins doors is not crucial...I was just curious. This crazy winter weather up here in Minnesota has me thinking way too much about cruising. I just want to escape somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AryMay -

Michael (Harley0711) shared his pictures with me, so I'm uploading the relevant ones here.

The bottom line is that the cabins do NOT adjoin. The door to cabin B322 is in its own little alcove. B324 and B326 are adjacent. As usual, Pam in CA is right!

[The first picture is B322; the second is B324 & B326.]

IMG_1340.jpg.2fc45371b505b4f8f59f337cd2e29aae.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg.37277c7dfbe25407641513a1b545bb8c.jpg

Hi AryMay -

Michael (Harley0711) shared his pictures with me, so I'm uploading the relevant ones here.

The bottom line is that the cabins do NOT adjoin. The door to cabin B322 is in its own little alcove. B324 and B326 are adjacent. As usual, Pam in CA is right!

[The first picture is B322; the second is B324 & B326.]

Yeah...I was hoping that the doors were adjacent, but really that isn't too much of a let down. What I REALLY am hoping for...is that the balcony divider between the two rooms can be opened. Getting balcony cabins is a big splurge for us and it would be so nice to be able to go back and forth between balconies with our friends.

Weren't you supposed to rappel down and check on this, Jazzbeau? ;)

Yeah...I was hoping that the doors were adjacent, but really that isn't too much of a let down. What I REALLY am hoping for...is that the balcony divider between the two rooms can be opened. Getting balcony cabins is a big splurge for us and it would be so nice to be able to go back and forth between balconies with our friends.

Weren't you supposed to rappel down and check on this, Jazzbeau? ;)

Yeah, but it turned out to be rappeling UP, and that's way beyond my skill level. :D:D:D