Seattle pre/post hotel?

I'm looking for a decent (clean and affordable) hotel for both pre and post cruise overnight stays when sailing the Carnival Miracle out Seattle plus any pre/post touring suggestion ideas - THANKS!!!! :D

try this link.

http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com/

You don't say which cruise line your sailing . That determines which pier is used.

Edited by Kamloops50

hotels are pricey in Seattle and we don't know what you consider 'affordable'. The cheapest place to stay is out by the airport, but then you spend time commuting into town. You can ride Light Rail from Seatac to downtown in 40 minutes for only $3.

If you want to stay in Seattle, look at the Priceline sticky above and see what deals people are getting. OR, look at the Seattle Center/Space Needle area which tends to be a little cheaper than the downtown core..... Holiday Inn Xpress, Quality Inn, Hampton Inn. From these hotels you can walk to the Seattle Center, catch the monorail and be downtown (Westlake Center) in 5 minutes. Pike Place Market is about 3 blocks from Westlake.

A taxi to the pier from the Seattle Center area will be around $20.

There's also a thread about hotels in the Seattle forum of tripadvisor under Top Questions.

not sure where you want to stay, as in what area.. we are staying downtown seattle when we cruise on Mirac le in August, but I didnt see anything close to $150.00... downtown seems to be pretty pricey. we are booked at the edgewater.. 2 nights.. $518.00.... (OUCH!!!), and there were hotels much more expensive.. some less, but most were higher..

congrats on your retirement, and dont you just love Miracle ?

Thanks as for "affordable" let's say $150.00.

At that price point you need to look at hotels nr the airport, and use the Light Rail to go downtown for sightseeing. When you're ready to board the ship have the hotel shuttle take you to the airport then catch the Shuttle Express bus to the pier. $22pp.

Did you look at the Seattle Center hotels I posted earlier ? They're closer to $200 ... maybe QInn is lower.

Looks like Holiday Express is $162.00

Go to the West Coast departures and Seatac hotel post.Yesterday I posted what I found for a hotel for the end of May. I had wanted to go downtown but for almost 1/2 the cost, I feel I got a good deal. I posted the details in case you are interested.

Sali