Hold time

I noticed a surprise balance on my account, which was paid in full. I called around 1 pm and waited on hold a half hour on the Crown and Anchor line. I hung up and tried the other number with the same results. Tonight at 8 pm, I repeated the process. Am I the only one who finds this totally unacceptable? Oh, the $175 balance was due to a "glitch" in the new computer system!

On hold now for 45 minutes + and still waiting....

I'm assuming that the bad weather is causing a lot of last minute questions and/or changes in travel plans.

Edited by ehfl

Yup! I have now spent 6.5 hours due to their 'glitch'. Tried to get my b2b linked as a b2b today.. After 1.5 hrs I hung up..

I am getting really frustrated with their 'glitch' as apparently my time is not wirth anything at all.

I've been on hold for at least an hour already tonight. The reason they are slammed is because they seem to consistently shoot themselves in the head by offering specials that are at complete odds with the capabilities of their website forcing EVERYONE to call in.

Seriously, I've never seen such an enormous disconnect in a Marketing group between Advertising/Promotions and the Webmasters.

This "WOW" sale requires you to enter a promotion code that NO WHERE in the entire process it ever gave me an option to enter.

The previous sale was an enormous disaster with the 50% off deposit that the website wasn't capable of supporting. That required me to pay the full deposit and then get them to do a refund of the overpayment. The website was still showing today that the room cost was $500 more than what the Booking Confirmation and the agent said it was showing.

The OBC is a complete mess with their site as well as it causes the account to lock and then you can't make any kinds of cabin changes or anything else without calling in for every little thing.

I've been on hold for at least an hour already tonight. The reason they are slammed is because they seem to consistently shoot themselves in the head by offering specials that are at complete odds with the capabilities of their website forcing EVERYONE to call in.

Seriously, I've never seen such an enormous disconnect in a Marketing group between Advertising/Promotions and the Webmasters.

This "WOW" sale requires you to enter a promotion code that NO WHERE in the entire process it ever gave me an option to enter.

The previous sale was an enormous disaster with the 50% off deposit that the website wasn't capable of supporting. That required me to pay the full deposit and then get them to do a refund of the overpayment. The website was still showing today that the room cost was $500 more than what the Booking Confirmation and the agent said it was showing.

The OBC is a complete mess with their site as well as it causes the account to lock and then you can't make any kinds of cabin changes or anything else without calling in for every little thing.

Welcome to Royal Caribbean. A terrible website and booking system that somehow ends with a great vacation experience.

They need to get their act together to make the whole booking experience stress-free, but you better believe, if they put any additional money into working out the kinks in their reservation system or supplying additional certified vacation panniers, they're going to cut back something onboard :rolleyes:.

but you better believe, if they put any additional money into working out the kinks in their reservation system or supplying additional certified vacation panniers, they're going to cut back something onboard :rolleyes:.

Here's the thing, it is COSTING them more money by having a flawed web booking system than not. If they fixed the site and had promotions that the site could actually handle properly then they could actually cut back the amount of customer service people significantly.

I've had to make more than a dozen calls (probably close to 2 dozen) in the last month alone for a family booking we're doing that all should have been able to be done on the website! If the website was more usable then there would also be less reason to use TA's and that would result in less commissions they have to pay. The savings here would more than make up for the investment in overhauling their online booking system.

It is not just because of the sale, or weather, or whatever they can think of on the run today. This has been an issue for months at least, and what is possibly making the USA situation worse, consistently, is that when we have rung the Aussie number any time over the last 6 months or so we wait on hold for between 25 and 45 minutes, and then get answered by someone in the USA. The people we talk to are always very pleasant and helpful, but if they are doing this from Australia call centre, what other countries are being diverted to the USA centre.

We mentioned this to the loyalty ambassador on our last cruise, and the answer was that firstly, it was news to him that there was any issues with the Aussie call centre, and secondly that they were increasing capacity and training more people. Huh? Anyhow, don't be fooled into believing that it is "just today" that the waiting times are long.

Here's the thing, it is COSTING them more money by having a flawed web booking system than not. If they fixed the site and had promotions that the site could actually handle properly then they could actually cut back the amount of customer service people significantly.

I've had to make more than a dozen calls (probably close to 2 dozen) in the last month alone for a family booking we're doing that all should have been able to be done on the website! If the website was more usable then there would also be less reason to use TA's and that would result in less commissions they have to pay. The savings here would more than make up for the investment in overhauling their online booking system.

I absolutely agree. But I guarantee upper management wouldn't see the issue.

I had a half hour wait on Thursday morning. The phone representative apologized and said it was a combination of things: (1) they were closed on the 1st so there were a lot of calls from people that couldn't get through the day before, (2) the new OBC coupon was very popular but using it made it so that reservations couldn't be modified online and people had to call in, and (3) lots of people calling in who were concerned about the storms in the northeast.

Yup! I have now spent 6.5 hours due to their 'glitch'. Tried to get my b2b linked as a b2b today.. After 1.5 hrs I hung up..

I am getting really frustrated with their 'glitch' as apparently my time is not wirth anything at all.

Dial 800-398-9819 and ask for the b2b desk.

Honestly, if you're on hold for so long, they should throw a $10 OBC your way. We just ate at a steak place and a friends filet was overcooked. While waiting for another steak, management gave him a giant shrimp cocktail. That kind of service/response goes a long way !

Dial 800-398-9819 and ask for the b2b desk.

Thats who I was on hold with! She couldnt do it cuz everytime she tried it removed my visa rewards coupon thereby showing a bal due of $2500.... I have the reservation from HELL... I need to take time to write to the higher ups and not complain but nicely let them know that this is very aggravating and my time IS worth money...

I still have no idea if its linked or not and no time to spend hours on the phone AGAIN!!

I have specifically told them that ghey would be wise to speak to the upgrade fairy and wave the wand!!

Mind you this ALL started when the res chgd our names to the coiple we are linked with for dinner... Have no clue HOW they did that and they have no clue how it happened but this is starting to be an absolute joke!

I am soooo thankful tho its my own res and not a customers! I wouldnot know how to explain all these problems! Lol

As an FYI I have not had either of my B2B's linked. Just went to guest services first day. Much easier than spending all that time on hold.