Don't you just love RCI's website

We reserved a cruise on Navigator for this coming August. Our room is #1388. For the past month Royal has us ALSO in room #1390. We somehow have two different reservations and the same people are in both rooms. LOL

We have made repeated calls and they keep opening service tickets but no one is able to fix the problem.

You would think that a company with the resources of Royal could maintain a website that was capable of functioning above the level of healthcare.gov.

I take it that no one else has had the "pleasure" of this type of bug in Royal's reservation system?

I'm not too concerned about it at this point. I am just amazed that it has gone on this long with no resolution.

So long as they don't charge you for two or cancel both because they think YOU are the one holding 2 cabins. :(

The only thing I am worried about is losing #1388. They keep reassuring us that no one else can get that room. :rolleyes:

Yes their website is a joke.

My favorite is how you can make changes to your reservation of you make it online, but not if you reserve it onboard or on the phone.

It has also had a habit of changing our cruise price every time I log on for the past few months. This morning the total cruise price (for both cruises I have booked) was $22.37 and tonight it is $31,874.02. If I get them to send me an invoice it shows the correct amount :rolleyes:. It's funny how both cruises always show the exact same wrong price, too.

I wasn't able to book a cruise with the freebies offered so had to ring the UK line of RCI. Trying to sort out ship's excursions is a joke too, one minute it works and next it doesn't, very frustrating when trying to get any information for sure!

I wasn't able to book a cruise with the freebies offered so had to ring the UK line of RCI. Trying to sort out ship's excursions is a joke too, one minute it works and next it doesn't, very frustrating when trying to get any information for sure!

Sadly you will not be doing that again since those in their Ivory Towers decided that the UK call centre would be outsourced to Guatemala. I agree the UK staff were always able to sort issues out when most other avenues failed.

Edited by roysmith99

Ive had a lot of similar problems on the site (price changing, unable to pull up my reservations, etc). Open a ticket as well, as for a while I received errors stating my reservation was unavailable

I work as a website developer for a large company - having long lasting issues like this would be a top priority, due to the poor customer experience. Cant understand why it would be taking RCI so long to fix

Have you talked to anyone in Resolutions? Or Crown & Anchor? :)

We have been transferred to resolutions and resolutions has contacted the IT people.. It just goes around and around. LOL. No one can seem to figure out the problem. They are aware that the problem exists they just cannot fix it.

I haven't called C&A because I don't see what they could do other than just add another party into the mix of people who cannot figure out how to fix a software glitch.

Have had many many problems with their web site over the years. That is why many of us keep a printed out list of our past cruises from their site. Old cruises sometimes just go off into bit heaven. My current problem (along with many others) is that it is not showing credit for a cruise that I took early December. December 2nd shows, but not December 12th. They are telling people to wait two more weeks for it to be resolved. If they manage to fix it, I guess it will still be faster than the government.

While researching possible cruises, I tried using the NCL website. Talk about unfriendly. What a joke. I had to call.

I found Carnival's very simple and very user friendly (go figure? ).

RCL is fairly easy to use, but they should really throw it out and re-work it to make it streamlined. It's a website with way too many patches. Junk it.

Yes their website is a joke.

My favorite is how you can make changes to your reservation of you make it online, but not if you reserve it onboard or on the phone.

It has also had a habit of changing our cruise price every time I log on for the past few months. This morning the total cruise price (for both cruises I have booked) was $22.37 and tonight it is $31,874.02. If I get them to send me an invoice it shows the correct amount :rolleyes:. It's funny how both cruises always show the exact same wrong price, too.

This has been happening with mine as well for the past couple of months however these funky prices only show on the first screen of your my cruises account that lists all your cruises booked. If you then select the specific cruise and go to the payment screen then everything is as it should be.

• 2 weeks later...