Summit: List your insider tips, tricks and Must-do's

SuperLarz

I seriously doubt they will ever put a sticky for each ship.....that would

add 11 addtional stickies to the top of this forum......:eek:....it would

look like 1/2 the page is a sticky.:eek:

What about just doing ONE sticky at the top, similar to the ones with the cabin information. And it could be titled something like... "Ship info ... Insider tips, tricks, and favorites!"

And then each poster would just list the name of their ship in the title of the post. That would make searching for your ship very easy. And then all the best info and suggestions would be compiled in one place! :D

You're very welcome, and please let me clarify where the ice cream is located in the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 10. If you're coming in from the pool, it's the cafe entrance closest to the grill, if coming off the elevators it's the furthest buffet entrance. The ice cream station is inside the entrance itself on your left as you walk in(and not only is there ice cream, there are usually cookies too!). Enjoy your cruise!

Good to know! Thank you! (Maybe I shouldn't tell my DH after all... LOL):D

What about just doing ONE sticky at the top, similar to the ones with the cabin information. And it could be titled something like... "Ship info ... Insider tips, tricks, and favorites!"

And then each poster would just list the name of their ship in the title of the post. That would make searching for your ship very easy. And then all the best info and suggestions would be compiled in one place! :D

Hi,:) the only way to have a sticky put at the top of the page is to

email either Host Andy and/or Host Walt and give them your suggestion.

They are the ones who would put a sticky at the top of the forum.

Hi,:) the only way to have a sticky put at the top of the page is to

email either Host Andy and/or Host Walt and give them your suggestion.

They are the ones who would put a sticky at the top of the forum.

Thanks for the info! I'm not really going to pursue it, just wish there was one! I bet they get a million requests all the time.

But thank you for responding!

It was everyday at sail away! That's why we booked an aft room on deck 11! Can't wait, it was so much fun.

I hate to possibly bear bad news, but last month, the only sailaway entertainment at the Sunset bar was a trivia game once or twice. :eek: I was very sad because there was either steel drum or guitar entertainment out there last summer for our Bermuda cruise. I really missed it..

OH NO. I was getting so excited for the steel drum music. Also disappointed about the guitar player. We always enjoyed listening to it from our aft balcony. We're sailing in April so I hope one or the other is back. I especially don't want Trivia back there. What are they thinking :eek:

recently returned from summit, it was the quietest sailaway ever of any x ship that i have been on. Our room was aft 11th floor, no music was ever heard. And where are the turn-down chocolates? Sad...:confused:

sad!!!!! :(

sad!!!!! :(

Hoping it all comes back for you Carol!:D I won't fib but I was a little peeved with my $1,900 pp room, no chocolates... and did you know that they make you pay for the smoothies/parfaits on 10 in Solarium now? What in the world?! Why go Aqua class and you make AQ pay? I could see charging the others who are of different classes... Just sad!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Summit a couple of weeks ago.

Sailaway was very quiet. A little disappointing.

But the highlights were the Martini Bar. Numan and Gede will look after you. It would get a little bit busy before and after the shows in the theater.

Geletaria and Cafe Al Bacio were really good, as well as Qsine. Sushi Lollipops for sure!!

How about take that one step further, one sticky at the top and within that links that redirect you to the each of the threads about all the ships so they are still all their own threads but easy to find from the sticky. This would rely on the existence of the other ship threads existing, either way don't expect it to happen but good thought just the same.

Edited by poffles

..Sailaway was very quiet. A little disappointing...!!

I don't think any (or at least many) of X sailaways have a really big part atmoshphere...They should do it like the "Love Boat" did it...that would be fun.

Our last cruise was from Barcelona on Equinox and even that sailaway was very subdued...there was music (I think) but it wasn't like it was a New Years Eve type party.

If you have Select dining and want a table for two ask Rosemary, the MDR Select Hostess, to seat you at table #446. It's by the stairs, no tables beside you and quite private. We always request that table on day 1 and stay there for the entire cruise. Also, that section's sommelier is Jeremiahs and he is fantastic! We had the Classic Bev. package and he made excellent choices for us.

Have a fantistic cruise on Summit!

• 2 years later...