4th July

Not really...maybe some decorations. After all, July 4th is an American holiday...and the ships are NOT American!

There was celebration on Enchantment OTS last year on the 4th. Lots dressed accordingly. The Centrum was decorated and the Parade of Flags/Nations (?) was focused on the 4th.

What ship?

We will be in Cozumel that day. Will not be wearing my usual American flag tank, but will decorate the cabin door with 4th of July themed door decorations. Hopefully I can find the red, white & blue glittery stars I have used in the past.

I suspect the celebration will look remarkably similar to the celebration in Essex... :)

Sorry, the irony that the OP is from the UK just tickled the old funny bone!

And your comment made me laugh too! :D Not much going on in Essex on 4th July that's for sure!!

To be honest, I didn't realise it wouldn't be an American ship. Is RCI not an American company then even if the ship is registered in the Bahamas? I had hoped there might perhaps be something like a party atmosphere or special menus, particularly as it will be a sea day too. We've never been with RCI before so all very new to us :)

We will be in Cozumel that day. Will not be wearing my usual American flag tank, but will decorate the cabin door with 4th of July themed door decorations. Hopefully I can find the red, white & blue glittery stars I have used in the past.

Yeah, Cozumel should be fun. I agree, I will not be wearing traditional "red, white, and blue" clothing while on the island. Maybe something festive for dinner. Decorating the door for the holiday does sound like fun. I always decorate my door - just hadn't thought about it for the holiday.

Not really...maybe some decorations. After all, July 4th is an American holiday...and the ships are NOT American!

No, but on US-based itineraries most of the passengers with be! (OP noted exception). I think celebrations are based on people, not ships! :rolleyes:

That being said, as Lioness mentioned, RCI does not do fireworks but (as I understand) Disney does.

Edited by leaveitallbehind