Princess updated their dining guide

itsme_jj

Thanks for posting this.

Interesting to note that they show breakfast in Sabatinis on that list and the charge side shows $25. Isn't Sabatinis for full suite or elite guest only? If it is you would think that this would create some confusion.

I didn't know that suite guests had to pay for Sabatini's for breakfast. I thought it was just one of their perks. $25 for breakfast is steep. What do they serve?

I didn't know that suite guests had to pay for Sabatini's for breakfast. I thought it was just one of their perks. $25 for breakfast is steep. What do they serve?
There is no cost for breakfast at Sabatini's for full suite passengers. The $25 is the cover charge for everyone at dinner.

ok, so what time is this?

The Pastry Shop

Royal Princess Casual 6 AM - 11:00 AM 11:00 AM - 6:60 PM

I know it is actually 6:00pm as that is when it changes to 'dinner hours'.

Don't Princess employ any proof readers?

They don't need too, they have it posted on CC and we all do the proof reading, and find the confusing and contradicting wording for them:D:D

Hmmm, they must have had a debate between closing at 6 or 7. The guy who wanted 7 finally suggested a "compromise" in between time of 6:60 and no one else was paying attention. :p

Like a lady friend of mine who refuses to say that she is 6' tall, so she says 5' 12".

I just got my hands on the latest updated princess dining guide. This is a nice reference where you can see all in one place all the dining options, hours, and pricing.

Enjoy!

Thanks! This is just what I have been looking for. Great information!

We did two four-night cruises on the Ruby last month. There wasn't a formal night, but they designated the second night of both cruises as "dress to impress." They did the champagne waterfall in the atrium those nights, along with the captain's speech and introduction of officers.

The maitre d' on the Ruby also relaxed the dress code for casual nights. He did not turn away people in shorts.

Here is the link where it lives online as well, you can see they fixed the 6:60 on the pastry shop.

I've sent in the other questions as well, so nice of everyone to comment.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/Dining_Options.pdf

I think it's a typo about Sabatini's but will let you know... it used to have under it on breakfast "for suites only"

Edited by itsme_jj
hit enter too soon.

Here is the link where it lives online as well, you can see they fixed the 6:60 on the pastry shop.

I've sent in the other questions as well, so nice of everyone to comment.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/Dining_Options.pdf

Great stuff!!

Now we just need to get them to ask us to design the next ships for them. (Yes, I liked the Royal depsite it's issues) Although I do have a mental image of the Simpsons episode where Homer deisgned the perfect car..............and made his long lost brother bankrupt in the process :)

Is it true the Panorama Buffet on the OP and PP is open all night? Am I reading that right?

It wasn't true on my recent cruise. Only Room Service after, I think, 11pm.

Thanks Rdsqrl. It just seemed odd that they list a closing time for the Horizon Court on the other ships but on the little girls the equivalent Panorama Buffet is "6PM onward".

I suppose that gives them more flexibility in picking (and continually changing) a closing time on a smaller ship. They might as well say "6PM until closing." At least that states they will close at some time even though that time remains undefined.

I've seen restaurants and bars state their hours that way although I can't remember ever staying long enough to find out what it really meant ...

Thanks Rdsqrl. It just seemed odd that they list a closing time for the Horizon Court on the other ships but on the little girls the equivalent Panorama Buffet is "6PM onward".

There are a number of venues on the list that say from xx onward. Nobody is assuming (I hope) that it means, for example, the ice cream bar (5:30 pm onwards) is open all night.

Edited by caribill

Recent sailings on Royal Princess shows that dinner reservations can be made for 5:30 at Crown Grille and Sabatini-- Yet Princess site says 6:30???

which is it???

Not sure about 5:30 but we had our reservations for 6:00pm on the 3 Nov cruise.

Recent sailings on Royal Princess shows that dinner reservations can be made for 5:30 at Crown Grille and Sabatini-- Yet Princess site says 6:30???

which is it???

According to the note in the same Dining Guide, it's all subject to change from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary and season to season.

"Note: Dining options, locations and venues vary by ship and actual meal times and charges are subject to change based on itinerary and season."