any info on Rhapsody of the Seas

I'll be sailing on Rhapsody in Aug., 2014 to Alaska. Not much info about this ship or cruise on these boards. Our meet and mingle roll call consists of only 3 of us so far, pretty slow. Any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance, madmarti:rolleyes:

We were on this ship a couple years ago to Alaska, it was a very nice ship. Good size, not too big not too small. Had a balcony cabin, it was nice the day we did the glacier, weather was very nice that day, just sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view

We were on this ship a couple years ago to Alaska, it was a very nice ship. Good size, not too big not too small. Had a balcony cabin, it was nice the day we did the glacier, weather was very nice that day, just sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view

I agree. We did Alaska on the Rhapsody in 2012 and it was one of our favorite cruises. Ship is small by current standards but went through a major drydock in 2012 and is in great shape, and has a lot of the newer venues.

We were on Rhapsody for 18 nights earlier this year, she is a lovely ship, I didn't want to get off. :)

We have an Alaskan cruise that is on Radiance in August 2014 and the Roll Call is not active at all. I think maybe it's because the Alaska cruises are pretty busy and ours is only 7 nights. I'm new to all of this so I may be completely wrong, but that is my guess.

Nice ship although you can't go right up the front. There is also slightly more vibration than the Radiance class as it is one of the last RCI ships to use propeller and rudder. The dining package (especially the Chef's table) is amazing value and well worth signing up for.

Quite a bit happens in the atrium, largely aerial displays. Keep an eye out for them. It is also fun to watch them practice.

By the way you will be travelling on it during its' last Alaska season (at least for a while) which may add to the ambiance.

Have you read the Rhapsody reviews on CC? There are plenty.

We were on Rhapsody last month and loved her. She had been highly recommended by friends. Very clean, excellent staff, loved all the food and service in the Main Dining Room (Edelweiss). Windjammer Buffet is at the front so all glass windows and sea views all round. Service in the Buffet was quick and friendly.

We had an excellent cabin attendant and had no issues with our cabin at all.

Captain Rob was a great Captain. As the other poster said, Aerial entertainment in the Centrum is spectacular.

Our roll call was really quiet for the first 5 months leading up the cruise. Then a month before the cruise it got busy and surprisingly we made the magic number of 25 for an official Meet & Mingle Party.

Edited by aussielozzie18

• 2 weeks later...

The downside is she has higher pax/space numbers, so venues can get crowded, and there aren't a lot of choices anymore since they removed a number of public spaces for cabins.

However, the crew, and entertainment staff onboard are great, and make for a very enjoyable cruise. Being smaller, she's also easier to get around, and their location system and especially the navigation/what's on displays in foyers are very useful/popular.

We were on the Rhapsody for 7 night Alaska cruise out of Seattle last June.

Beautiful ship. Fantastic crew. Our only complaint was that our Junior Suite was right under on of the Ping pong tables, so a bit noisy during the day.

If the Windjammer is busy, even on embarkation day, try the cafe in the Solarium. Limited menu but good salads and sandwiches.

One note of warning if you are going out of Seattle. The port was VERY disorganized on embarkation day. I had the feeling that it was staffed by local port employees and not RCCL employees, but it am not sure of that. Very chaotic.....just be prepared.

This was our 8th cruise and first to Alaska. Fantastic trip. Have a great time!

We are doing Rhapsody in May. I'll follow any post. But if none, I'll try and remember to do a review for you.

Hi what date in May are you going? We're on the ship for the May 30th sailing, it's our 1st trip to Alaska and a dream trip for us.

My son & I have spent a total of 51 nights on Rhapsody - 35 nights circumnavigation of Australia and 16 nights Sydney to Hawaii.

We have also done Radiance & Voyager, but Rhapsody is definitely our favourite. Rhapsody is the only ship where we have not had a balcony, but somehow we didn't miss it. She is a smaller ship but beautiful and easy to find your way around.

I think the biggest difference was the crew. They are the friendliest and most helpful crew that we have found so far.

I've been on Rhapsody once for 11 nights on an Australian coastal cruise in Nov 2012. I loved the ship, thought it was very clean and beautiful. Unfortunately I did feel that some activities were lacking, but the general age group of the cruise was...quite a bit older. So I think it was tailored to an older crowd.

Apart from that, all very nice and the cabin was very comfortable (had a JS). I also liked the electronic cruise compass on the TVs stationed around the ship. Would make it very easy to find out what was on and where.

Beautiful ship. Fantastic crew. Our only complaint was that our Junior Suite was right under on of the Ping pong tables, so a bit noisy during the day.

If the Windjammer is busy, even on embarkation day, try the cafe in the Solarium. Limited menu but good salads and sandwiches.

One note of warning if you are going out of Seattle. The port was VERY disorganized on embarkation day. I had the feeling that it was staffed by local port employees and not RCCL employees, but it am not sure of that. Very chaotic.....just be prepared.

This was our 8th cruise and first to Alaska. Fantastic trip. Have a great time!

We are going this year in June...what was the weather like? What would you suggest the most important thing to pack for the weather? Boots, down jackets, etc. ? Thanks!

We're going on Rhapsody in March, have all the TVs in the rooms been upgraded to flat screens? Also have the HDMI ports been disabled so you can't connect a laptop or ipad to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, flat screens in all rooms now. Not sure about the HDMI ports, sorry.

Been on Rhapsody several times and also Brilliance Radiance Just love the Rhapsody. Going on her again March 18th to celebrate our 60th wedding but can only fine 6 people registered for meet and Mingle so where are you. Irene and Stan

cscolo - were you by any chance in JS 8056? I think I have read a review with this same issue for that cabin. We are booked into it for Alaska this June, and I'm a little worried. Were people playing a lot of ping pong? It seems like it might be too cool/windy for it?

For anyone who has been on this ship, can you tell me a little about the rock climbing wall? I'm trying to set realistic expectations for my teen daughter. Are the lines super long? Or is this an activity she can actually do quite a bit on our sea days? TIA for any info!

The lines vary depending on other activities, but you should be able to do it when it's open. I'd say waits can be about 20 minutes.

It also depends how many climb lines are open, they tend to have two going at once, but can support more. If she wants to go multiple times, there's no issue doing that either.

The first time you visit a form needs to be filled out (safety agreement) and the card stamped. Once that's done, you then change shoes, get gear on and join the queue.

I'll be sailing on Rhapsody in Aug., 2014 to Alaska. Not much info about this ship or cruise on these boards. Our meet and mingle roll call consists of only 3 of us so far, pretty slow. Any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance, madmarti:rolleyes:

Not a very popular ship. Sorry.

Hi. New to this message board but hoping to cruise in Alaska at the end of August. I believe Royal Caribbean has formal nights. Are these mandatory or only if dining in the main dining room, Is it possible to have dinner elsewhere on such nights? Thanks

what sort of things would you like to know

Greg :)