Visa Rewards

mets550

I don't, but depending on what you need here are a few strategies:

Pay utilities with it

Purchase gift cards for things you'll need in the future

Offer to pay for a friend/relative's big purchase with your card

Prepay something (car insurance, utility, cruise reservation)

Start putting every little thing on the card...even a pack of gum!

There are some sneakier ways if you are really desperate and need a bunch quickly...but I've never been comfortable with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure which tier you are trying to reach, but I have taken to using my points for OBC. Keep in mind that you need $5,000 in charges to get $50 in OBC. It also takes a full cc cycle to be posted. I use my card for all purchases (except restaurants and church donation).

church donation: I actually use this one. I attend a very large church and they have automatic on your credit card tithing. I put everything I can on my Visa, Health Ins, Xfinity, Verizon and I have a friend that puts all of his big purchases on my card. Love it.

Edited by dealer9296

Does anyone know if I can I purchase points if I am a few short for the next rewards tier?

Based on your signature you can just go and pay for your wedding and honeymoon cruise using the card. That will probably put you over the top!

BTW, Congrats on the nuptials !!

Steve

So question, I just signed up for a RCCL credit card, Getting 15 k points for signing up. another 5k for first purchase, Can I really expect to possibly get a cruise by using it? If so, do I really have to put everything on it, i.e. utilities, cell phone, insurance?

So question, I just signed up for a RCCL credit card, Getting 15 k points for signing up. another 5k for first purchase, Can I really expect to possibly get a cruise by using it? If so, do I really have to put everything on it, i.e. utilities, cell phone, insurance?

I believe the minimum number of points for a free cruise is 50,000. That would get you a free 3 or 4 day cruise for 2 in an oceanview stateroom. You get 1 point per dollar spent on non-Royal charges, and 2 points per dollar spent with Royal Caribbean.

I believe the minimum number of points for a free cruise is 50,000. That would get you a free 3 or 4 day cruise for 2 in an oceanview stateroom. You get 1 point per dollar spent on non-Royal charges, and 2 points per dollar spent with Royal Caribbean.

So if I understand, 50,000 point will get you $500, approx? So, 100,000 will get you $1,000 credit?

So if I understand, 50,000 point will get you $500, approx? So, 100,000 will get you $1,000 credit?

If you just redeem the points for credit or discount, then those are the credits you would get. However, if you redeem 50,000 points for a free 3/4 day cruise, then you can get up to $1000 in value.

If you just redeem the points for credit or discount, then those are the credits you would get. However, if you redeem 50,000 points for a free 3/4 day cruise, then you can get up to $1000 in value.

I think the key word there is "value", as in retail value. I just cashed in 40,000 of our points and looked at the free cruise thing, but had 2 problems with it:

1) My husband and I like 10-12 day cruises, and aren't really interested in 2-3 day since we would have to fly to FL and that would cost how much?

2) I got $400 worth of on board credit to use as I please. I applied $100 to a cruise that we had already prepaid tips on, and $300 for cruise that I am taking the adult children on. If I use that for gratuities, then I am actually SAVING $400 that I would have spent.

If I use it to get a free cruise, i still have to pay tips and airfare, plus I could buy a cruise for 2 for 3 days for less than $1000 and even less than $500 if I shop well (and use a C&A coupon). So, do I actually save $1000?

We use our card for most of what we do, because we love to cruise. For us, it works best to get on board credit. How quickly we get that credit depends on whether or not we have any big ticket necessities.

If you plan to cruise in the future, I advise using the card (and pay it off as soon as monthly bill comes so as not to incur interest.) If you do that, you literally earn free spending money or a free cruise if that is what you choose!

On our cruise next month, I am splurging on a drink package (we generally can't afford there to be anything due at the end of the cruise) but it will be free because of on board booking bonus and referral OBC and then Visa points OBC. I am going to enjoy my flavored coffees every morning! :D

Can I ask where you saw this offer? The only offer I see is 10,000 points after the first purchase and 5,000 if you spend $3,500 in the first 90 days

Can I ask where you saw this offer? The only offer I see is 10,000 points after the first purchase and 5,000 if you spend $3,500 in the first 90 days

Here you go. You right, they should have recieved 10,000 after the first purchase not 5,000

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do

Edited by ShipRiders

We had enough points to get a $150 OBC on our last cruise. At the end of the cruise we had over $50 remaining and we were able to cash this out on our last sea day.

So if anyone wants to use their points as an OBC and you don't use all of it you will be able to cash it out at the end of the cruise.

Edited by lady_cruiser