Kudos to Oasis Concierge!

After reading some negative threads about Oasis concierges, I must admit I was worried. We are going on a very important family cruise on March 1 and are staying in an aquatheater suite and I have a number of requests, some quite complicated. So I sent an e-mail 2 days ago to both of them, not expecting to hear from them. Well today I got a call and he could not have been nicer. He granted and took care of ALL my requests and was as sweet as could be. Kudos! I just wanted to let anyone concerned know that the Oasis concierges are so very nice and if I am any indication can work out almost any request, because they did for me. I was polite and respectful and they were polite and respectful back. Life is good! :D

After reading some negative threads about Oasis concierges, I must admit I was worried. We are going on a very important family cruise on March 1 and are staying in an aquatheater suite and I have a number of requests, some quite complicated. So I sent an e-mail 2 days ago to both of them, not expecting to hear from them. Well today I got a call and he could not have been nicer. He granted and took care of ALL my requests and was as sweet as could be. Kudos! I just wanted to let anyone concerned know that the Oasis concierges are so very nice and if I am any indication can work out almost any request, because they did for me. I was polite and respectful and they were polite and respectful back. Life is good! :D

Ditto!!! We have never had a problem with any concierge on Oasis and feel they do a wonderful job handling so many more passengers than any other ship. BTW, we have been on OA at least 10 times and always enjoy our time in the CL and the concierges.

The concierge I spoke to is Israel Sanchez. I can not say enough good things. I emailed him at OA_concierge02@rccl.com. We are sailing March 1 and he responded so quickly and helped me with everything, including securing a beachfront cabana on Barefoot beach in a very appropriate location for my handicaped moms (83 and 84 years old). His suggestions were spot on, and when I looked at the barefoot map so glad he suggested the beachfront cabana rather than over the water that I wanted. He answered all my extensive questions with patience and concern and there were many. Oasis concierges rock!!!

The concierge I spoke to is Israel Sanchez. I can not say enough good things. I emailed him at OA_concierge02@rccl.com. We are sailing March 1 and he responded so quickly and helped me with everything, including securing a beachfront cabana on Barefoot beach in a very appropriate location for my handicaped moms (83 and 84 years old). His suggestions were spot on, and when I looked at the barefoot map so glad he suggested the beachfront cabana rather than over the water that I wanted. He answered all my extensive questions with patience and concern and there were many. Oasis concierges rock!!!

Happy to read Israel was a great help to you. See you in the lounge March 1 :)

We experienced him on Voyager of the Seas a few years ago. He is a fantastic concierge! He gave us wonderful advice while we were on a western Med. cruise. My parents were about the same age also. He knew exactly what shore ex. would work best for them. He had wonderful knowledge of each port which he shared with those who wanted to explore on their own. You are lucky to have him as your concierge.

We had the please of meeting concierge Israel Sanchez for the first time on our 12/7/13 Oasis cruise as well as concierge Allan Fajardo who we have sailed with previously. Both are wonderful folks and always found the time to take care of any issues we had or just engage in nice conversation.

The workload these two gentleman have with over 100 suite cabins and hundreds of D+ members would overwhelm me but they always had a smile for us.

Lou & Cindy

Where did you get the concierge email info? We are sailing Oasis in April in the Owners Suite and have a couple requests as well. Tried calling RCCL but they didn't have it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This is exactly why the concierges are bogged down and leave current passengers disappointed! Leave them alone before your trip.

If Royal Caribbean wanted you to be able to contact them, they would provide their email addresses when you asked!

I'm sure whatever requests you have can wait until your cruise. You are not their responsibility until it is your sail date!

This is exactly why the concierges are bogged down and leave current passengers disappointed! Leave them alone before your trip.

If Royal Caribbean wanted you to be able to contact them, they would provide their email addresses when you asked!

I'm sure whatever requests you have can wait until your cruise. You are not their responsibility until it is your sail date!

Good thing you're not in the Hospitality Business!

My requests were primarily related to my "moms" who have diability issues and some specific needs. I did not want to risk getting on the ship and having issues with two 80 something year olds that are in wheel chairs. I also need a cabana for them on Labadee that would be acessible to two elderly women that can't walk for more than 10 feet, and again could not risk waiting until I got on the ship and be locked out of one and then my moms could not enjoy the island. I am totally aware of the enormous workload of these individuals and I am not a demanding person. I don't expect anything special or ask for special treatment but as a friend of mine says in one of his songs "there is one thing that my daddy taught me if there is something you need you ask". So, if there is something important to me, I want to be sure I ask for it in advance so as not be disappointed. If he could help me I would have understood, but he could help me and was most accomodating and I will write a message to customer service commending him. Again, Kudos to him.

As for any concierge, employed anywhere, your statement could not be further from the truth. it is indeed the job description of any concierge to take care of the consumer needs that may be required prior to arrival.

The Concierges DO contact those in suites prior to the cruise to handle any issues you might have Before the cruise. It helps them have less to do when everyone boards at the same time! After the 1st few days when things die down, they DO have time to handle the next cruise requests and insuring a wonderful cruise experience.

The Concierges DO contact those in suites prior to the cruise to handle any issues you might have Before the cruise. It helps them have less to do when everyone boards at the same time! After the 1st few days when things die down, they DO have time to handle the next cruise requests and insuring a wonderful cruise experience.

I've never been contacted pre-cruise by a concierge and I have stayed in 3 grand suites.

I'm sailing on the 18th. Same suite! I'm going email him now!

While on the topic of concierge - any guidance on how much to tip them ?

I realize this will vary depending on your usage/ requests but a ballpark figure

Would be helpful.

Thank you

Yikes...no thanks for your opinion I didn't ask for. Thank you to all those who helped me get my question answered.

As for RCCL, they didn't have the concierge schedule out that far when I asked. They were, however, happy to give out any contact info for current cruises and future once they get the schedule out that far.

I hope the OP has a wonderful experience..We certainly have had some in both the DL & CL but have also experienced some not so good, and it does happen..Fortunately the good have out weighed the bad.:)

I got the intro email today. I emailed back and asked for a few bottles from my wine package be set up in my room for a large anniversary celebration and was told NO CAN DO. He said I can order bottles from rooms service to my room but not from the package I already paid for. WHY NOT? But it seems from these boards I found out I can run up to MDR and do it myself. It suppose to be a surprise so I wanted it nice and set up for when we walk in the room.

I got the intro email today. I emailed back and asked for a few bottles from my wine package be set up in my room for a large anniversary celebration and was told NO CAN DO. He said I can order bottles from rooms service to my room but not from the package I already paid for. WHY NOT? But it seems from these boards I found out I can run up to MDR and do it myself. It suppose to be a surprise so I wanted it nice and set up for when we walk in the room.

Because the Wine package that you purchased was a Wine & Dine package which can only be delivered to the MDR. You can, however, take an opened half used bottle back to your cabin.