Concierge On Oasis of the Sea

I'm staying in an Aqua suite. Any idea who my concierge is? My group is kind of pains in the butts but tip extremely well. We usually have lots of requests. What are your experiences?

Just so you know, but there are 2 Concierge on board in the CL who try to accommodate all suite guests plus Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members.

Edited by cruisenfever

Israel Sanchez is amazing. He is a extemely helpful and accomodating. I just sent an email to royal commending him. I feel very fortunate to have him in the Oasis concierge lounge for our upcoming cruise. He was able to help me with my requests. :)

Israel Sanchez is amazing. He is a extemely helpful and accomodating. I just sent an email to royal commending him. I feel very fortunate to have him in the Oasis concierge lounge for our upcoming cruise. He was able to help me with my requests. :)

Agree! Israel was our Concierge on a Voyager cruise in 2012, and he was great! We had an OS and on the second evening he asked us how we were enjoying our suite…DH told him the OS was fantastic except for the TV which only worked intermittently. Israel asked him if we'd called Maintenance yet, but DH said we hadn't as it wasn't really that big of a problem for us. We really didn't expect (or ask!) him to solve the problem, but he immediately picked the phone and called. Problem (something electrical that involved the plug) was solved the next morning. We also had a bit of a scheduling foul-up and needed to change our reservation at Portofino, and he took care of that for us as well. PLUS he saved me a wait in the GS line and took care of applying our internet coupons.

Another thing we observed in the CL that we thought he handled exceptionally well was that there were 2 men who kind of tried to monopolize his time. One of the men was one of those red-faced obnoxious types who just gets worse with every application of alcohol. (He was a major topic of conversation in the CL on that cruise…;)…the group that we sat with thought he was at least as entertaining as the comedian!) Seems like that guy or the other guy, or both of them, were camped out at Israel's desk each evening when we came in. He would give them his attention for a bit, then very nicely excuse himself and get up and circulate around the room, talking to all the guests. He also helped out the bar staff on nights when the CL was very crowded.

Israel always greeted us by name when we came in (we were impressed!) and always asked if there was anything we needed. Wow! This was only our second experience with a concierge. Our first time in a suite, we really never had much interaction with the concierge. Israel made us realize that a great concierge can really make things nice. We commended him on the survey for that cruise and also tipped him well. DH's comment was that having a great Concierge is kind of like having a really good mommy…:p My comment is that I have now been spoiled! ;)

We have just entered the mystical realm of D+, so we'll have CL privileges now. (At least for awhile?:rolleyes:) I surely hope I don't turn into a whiner about the Concierges I meet now, but Israel set that bar pretty high…:o

Judy

• 3 months later...
I'm staying in an Aqua suite. Any idea who my concierge is? My group is kind of pains in the butts but tip extremely well. We usually have lots of requests. What are your experiences?

Sorry to change your subject-but does pain in the butt but tip good translate to your rude to others and its ok cause you tip to cover that rudness!!!!!

"pains in the butts?"

Can you explain? The Concierge is there to serve suite guests, Pinnacles and D+s. Please let your group know that monopolizing the concierge's time in an excessive manner takes away from his/her ability to help others.

"pains in the butts?"

Can you explain? The Concierge is there to serve suite guests, Pinnacles and D+s. Please let your group know that monopolizing the concierge's time in an excessive manner takes away from his/her ability to help others.

It's probably pointless. People like that typically don't have much concern for others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

monopolizing------ last trip on INDY in March this is what i heard while waiting on the concierge in the lounge.

A couple ordering breakfast for their kids -- room service-- the next morning.

COULDN'T DECIDE ON HOW MANY STRIPES OF BEACON SHOULD BE ON THE PLATE.

I'm not talking one minute in deciding either-- it was pitiful.