Why quantum itinerary is so bad?

Hi

This might be a new ship but the itinerary is super bad, who wants to visit Fort Lauderdale or key west again?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Being homeported in New Jersey, it takes a few days to get down to the tropics. The "sweet spot" itineraries are the 9-12 night sailings. It gives enough time to get up and down the eastern seaboard.

The ship should start an alternating Bermuda schedule when the Spring/Summer 2015 intineraries are released.

Hi

This might be a new ship but the itinerary is super bad, who wants to visit Fort Lauderdale or key west again?

I agree! I am hoping for some better ports upon the new release for summer 2015. The Bermuda route was an issue to do the size (width?) of Quantum and they would need to drudge in order to make it happen. Not sure that has been settled yet...but I would take Bermuda over Bahamas/Fla. IMHO :cool:

I guess we will know soon!!

Hi

I don't see a Quantum itinerary that includes Key West. I suspect that the ship is too large for there. Where are you getting your information?

going on quantum on March 21, 2015 and theres no key west theres Puerto Rico and Labadee...there are so far 12 in our group...

its our first time on Royal Caribbean and we all wanted the best...and you cant get any better than a brand new ship.

but quite sketchy on any details as in food shops but its gonna be worth the wait.:D

Being homeported in New Jersey, it takes a few days to get down to the tropics. The "sweet spot" itineraries are the 9-12 night sailings. It gives enough time to get up and down the eastern seaboard.

The ship should start an alternating Bermuda schedule when the Spring/Summer 2015 intineraries are released.

That's the whole problems with this ship and it's itenerary. Homeport in NJ. Definitely a WOW.

going on quantum on March 21, 2015 and theres no key west theres Puerto Rico and Labadee...there are so far 12 in our group...

its our first time on Royal Caribbean and we all wanted the best...and you cant get any better than a brand new ship.

but quite sketchy on any details as in food shops but its gonna be worth the wait.:D

I am on that sailing, but I will be canceling as soon as the new itineraries come out. 7 hours in San Juan and a day in Labadee just does not wow me. They eliminated Samana, but have not replaced it with anything else.

I think it will be wildly profitable for RCL. With the whole northeast within a day's drive, it will make a mint.

Just like the Explorer the last several years. But we will never know, RCI doesn't release ship level financials

I don't see a Quantum itinerary that includes Key West. I suspect that the ship is too large for there. Where are you getting your information?

Oh no no key west that was a mistake. I forgot to include Nassau lol

They stepped up with the oasis/ allure but I'm not sure when it comes to quantum

I partly agree with the OP and partly disagree. I think the longer itineraries are great, but 11/12 nights is just a little too long for me to take off for a random vacation.

The sweet spot is the wonderful 9 night itineraries that Explorer has been doing for years (and Voyager before her). I'm really hoping that when May 2015 and beyond open up we'll see a return to 9 night / 5 night, or at least some 9 nights mixed in. I'm hoping to book for May 2015 and would really love a 9 nighter! They've been very successful for RCI for many years and I hope they will continue them.

If the current mediocre itineraries continue as is, I guess I'd book the better of the 8 nights.

Edited by Dave85

any ideas of where the summer 15 itineraries may go too, either the Quantum or Anthem?? Would love to know some possibilities.

ANTHEM will be based in Southampton, RCI announced it in November 2013.

She is very likely to sail the Mediterranean, any maybe Northern Europe.

During the winter period she sail from Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Schplinky,

it was just an "example" ;) - and: Aren't the FreedomClass-ships more flexible with the itineraries. I think they are, at least a littlebit.

Or the size of 145000 GT (as NCL BREAKAWAY-class or ROYAL/REGAL PRINCESS) would also be enough.