Canadian Princess Cruisers

Gunner22aa

I had to call Princess for the OBC (I could not find anywhere online to do this in canadian funds). You call the gift department and they add the OBC in increments of $100.00US and bill you $110.00 canadian. When we got onboard there were 15 little cards telling us we had onboard credit of $100.00.

Okay great to know. Do you have the number by any chance.

Do do you just phone up give your credit card and your done. Any idea on the number to call

Try this... if they can't do it they will be able to direct you to the proper # -

"As the Consummate Host®, Princess Cruises is committed to making your celebrations memorable. Simply contact our Celebrations Customer Support team at 1-855-500-7690 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff and we’ll handle the rest!"

Anyone know of a workaround so that when accessing the Princess website I can see fares in US$. It appears that Canadian I.P. addresses cause Cdn$ prices to be shown with no option to change to an alternate currency.

Have for some time been using a US online TA for booking cruises. Great site for research then speak to a human to make the booking! While this may seem odd I worked in the US for a number of years and as a result have the ability to pay in US$.

Would be nice to monitor prices on Princess; compare to TA prices then make contact if Princess shows less than TAs prices.

Use tunnelbear.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Try this... if they can't do it they will be able to direct you to the proper # -

"As the Consummate Host[emoji768], Princess Cruises is committed to making your celebrations memorable. Simply contact our Celebrations Customer Support team at 1-855-500-7690 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff and we’ll handle the rest!"

Thank you very much

I prepaid my whole cruise in canadian. Also bought on board credits, prepaid all gratuities and beverage packages and coffee card in advance. I do believe we were told we had to prepay our cruise in canadian in order to do this.

I prepaid my whole cruise in canadian. Also bought on board credits, prepaid all gratuities and beverage packages and coffee card in advance. I do believe we were told we had to prepay our cruise in canadian in order to do this.

Correct I called today first thing princess said was you paid in Canadian dollars so we have to charge you an extra 10 percent worked great saved a few dollars.

I'm now planning to take a few Princess shore excursions... They are priced in USD. I see I can pay for those in advance, but it's not clear what the exchange rate will be. Has anyone recently prepaid shore excursions? Are they billed at 10% exchange rate? Maybe I'm better off buying more OBC and paying for the excursions that way?

Edited by VirtualRain

I'm now planning to take a few Princess shore excursions... They are priced in USD. I see I can pay for those in advance, but it's not clear what the exchange rate will be. Has anyone recently prepaid shore excursions? Are they billed at 10% exchange rate? Maybe I'm better off buying more OBC and paying for the excursions that way?

The excursion rates in My Personalizer are in Cdn dollars . Gratuities are also shown in Cdn dollars . That is if you booked in Cdn dollars.

The excursion rates in My Personalizer are in Cdn dollars . Gratuities are also shown in Cdn dollars . That is if you booked in Cdn dollars.

Strange. Not for me. Booked in CAD but everything extra is in USD. I prepaid gratuities in CAD but they added 10% to the standard USD gratuities.

Excursions are definitely in USD and not appearing to offer the option to pay in CAD at the preferred exchange rate. :(

Edited by VirtualRain

Strange. Not for me. Booked in CAD but everything extra is in USD. I prepaid gratuities in CAD but they added 10% to the standard USD gratuities.

Excursions are definitely in USD and not appearing to offer the option to pay in CAD at the preferred exchange rate. :(

If you want the preferred rate you do not prepay your excursions. You simply call and buy OBC equal to the excursion cost plus anything else you think you will spend.

Nothing in the personalizer is shown in Canadian (except cruise cost if you booked without a Ta) the only thing yiu can prepay is tips. Everything else is handled as OBC tgat you prebuy through calling gifts and services.

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

i agree with Goofy, top up your OBC before the cruise at the better rate. Use that to pay for just about anything on the ship including excursions. In a nutshell try to calculate how much you will spend on ship plus excursions and that should be your OBC credit. Have fun

I had to call Princess for the OBC (I could not find anywhere online to do this in canadian funds). You call the gift department and they add the OBC in increments of $100.00US and bill you $110.00 canadian. When we got onboard there were 15 little cards telling us we had onboard credit of $100.00.

It's not listed in the Gifts & Services catalog, but you can buy OBC in increments of US$500 (item #6022).

I'm not cruising until October but our agent was good enough to advise us that the Princess conversion rate was at 10% and with our climbing $$ it would be a good idea to top up our OBC. We each purchased 1,000.00 in OBC which will help with excursions and liquid refreshments. Unfortunately since then Princess has updated their exchange rate so I'm glad we listened and did it when we did.

Luckily princess, unlike some of the other lines, don't charge for tours until tour time so the charge goes on your sail card. With some other lines you must charge to your credit card. I understand that this is now an option with Princess as well but just prior to sailing, so if you have topped up your OBC do not prepay so that the charge will go directly to your sail card and you will then be able to use the funds in your account.

debathome, are you sure that the exchange rate is already at 1.20, up from 1.10?

BCCuisingCouple, or anyone who has purchased large amounts of OBC, if not all spent will $'s be refunded without a problem.

Reason I ask is that we will already have a fair bit on our upcoming October cruise and wouldn't want to run into any problems later.

Can't get any understandable consistent answers from Princess reps, so counting on your previous experiences.

debathome, are you sure that the exchange rate is already at 1.20, up from 1.10?

BCCuisingCouple, or anyone who has purchased large amounts of OBC, if not all spent will $'s be refunded without a problem.

Reason I ask is that we will already have a fair bit on our upcoming October cruise and wouldn't want to run into any problems later.

Can't get any understandable consistent answers from Princess reps, so counting on your previous experiences.

I called on Friday it was 10 percent. I am doing another order today I will let you know what I find out. I heard September they would raise it to 1.20.

I called on Friday it was 10 percent. I am doing another order today I will let you know what I find out. I heard September they would raise it to 1.20.

The exchange rate you get for your obc depends on your cruise departure date.

Cruises prior to September (with the fare ending in 90 cents) are at 10% exchange rate.

Starting with September cruises, the fares end in 80 cents and are at 20%.

The exchange rate you get for your obc depends on your cruise departure date.

Cruises prior to September (with the fare ending in 90 cents) are at 10% exchange rate.

Starting with September cruises, the fares end in 80 cents and are at 20%.

the one thing I cant get clarity on is this situation: cruise after september, but booked while rate still 10%...from the gratuity option it looks like I will be charged 20% but that could just be a programming thing....I will know when i call to buy OBC later in the year....right now I'm focused on my june trip, which I know is 10%.

Is there a maximum amount that Princess will let you buy in one purchase? My in-laws are cruising the British Isles, for 12 days, in early August and their Princess excursions are around $3,200 US. I told them purchasing OBC at 10% was much smarter than letting their credit card do the exchange for them. Thankfully their cruise is done before the September rate change.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

Is there a maximum amount that Princess will let you buy in one purchase? My in-laws are cruising the British Isles, for 12 days, in early August and their Princess excursions are around $3,200 US. I told them purchasing OBC at 10% was much smarter than letting their credit card do the exchange for them. Thankfully their cruise is done before the September rate change.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

They can also pre pay excursions in Canadian dollars at the same rate. It also applies to the onboard gratuities.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app