Guarantee Question

themutis

Just checked what cabins were still available for our upcoming cruise and they had an A1 Guarantee with NO A1 cabins available (not and Aqua guarantee, a guarantee for a particular cabin category).

So if there are no A1 cabins available does that mean that you would get an Aqua Suite? Any Thoughts on what type of cabin one might get?

I would call the Captian's Club desk and get it from the horses mouth.

I doubt they will tell you anything specific, for very good reasons. You probably will just have wait and see with fingers crossed what they assign. You can check/recheck Celebrity on a regular basis and quite frequently you will see the status of cabins /categories change from sold out back to available. Perhaps that's due to individual cancellations and/or block reservations being released back to Celebrity by TAs. There would be no upside for the cruise line to say anything except that your A1 guarantee will be honored. Then if you should be the lucky recipient of something better you will be singing their praises as opposed to becoming one of those guys who pops up here on Cruise Critic to carp about only getting your A1 cabin vs an upgrade that somebody with Celebrity said, or you thought implied, you were in line to get. The point is they can't assign you to anything worse than A1, so from that perspective you could only move up. And don't get me wrong, no personal dig intended. I am in no way suggesting that you are one of those carping type guys. Just explaining why Celebrity will most likely simply reiterate your cabin guarantee. Hope springs eternal and there are enough stories around from people getting bodacious upgrades to be thinking positive. I've never gotten one, but I am rooting for you.

Lots of possibilities, but to jump to the conclusion, only book this guarantee if you are OK with an A1 cabin.

1) They may already have a number of Aqua class guarantees and therefore are not listing any specific cabins.

2) They may be sold out of A1 cabins and this is a great way to sell more cabins without devaluing the A1 and above cabins they have already sold.

3) There may be a number of A1 cabins booked and based on their booking model they expect X number to cancel.

Again, when you book a guarantee it's nice to hope for the upgrade fairy. I've been lucky myself. That being said, look at the worst A1 cabin available and ask yourself if this would be a good deal if you are assigned that cabin. Do not book a guarantee because you think you'll come out smelling like a rose, that's a great way to be disappointed.

Just checked what cabins were still available for our upcoming cruise and they had an A1 Guarantee with NO A1 cabins available (not and Aqua guarantee, a guarantee for a particular cabin category).

So if there are no A1 cabins available does that mean that you would get an Aqua Suite? Any Thoughts on what type of cabin one might get?

Only if Aqua class doesn't pay the offered upgrade at a great last minute price. We didn't as we wanted a specific room...but I know others did upgrade for a nominal fee.

I think technically you get A1 or above. In the event you are upgraded I believe it could be S2, S1, AS and above. I wouldn't assume it would AS as then first category above A1.

It's an interesting problem for Celebrity. If they are selling A1 guarantee, then they are selling blu guarantee...and it's reasonable for someone booking that guarantee, to not be happy getting an S2 cabin, unless celebrity includes Blu (not on an as available basis..but available as if they were in an aqua class cabin).

It's an interesting problem for Celebrity. If they are selling A1 guarantee, then they are selling blu guarantee...and it's reasonable for someone booking that guarantee, to not be happy getting an S2 cabin, unless celebrity includes Blu (not on an as available basis..but available as if they were in an aqua class cabin).

Good point. Blu 9 is the only reason we book Aqua and then only at a reqsonable price

I doubt if Celebrity views an Aqua Guarantee as an actual tie in to the Aqua perks, should you be lucky enough to get pushed to a suite for the Aqua Guarantee price.

And dont overlook the scenario where someone currently booked in an A1 gets the upgrade and you get their A1 room

When I booked five C3 guarantees, my TA said there was only one open C3 cabin he could assign. I figured I would probably get upgraded on all of them...that was about six months ago. Just about ten days before the cruise we got two c2, two A2 and one c1. We are happy...just hoping we all get to dine together. Not sure how those aqua class work with the rest of us.