HELP!!! Board in Cozumel?

Snowescapee

Our flight got delayed and we won't get to FLL. Does anyone know if you can board a ship in Cozumel? X doesn't open for an hour and I'm pulling out my hair trying to coordinate 7 people!!! (And seriously bummed that I'm not getting on the ship today!)

Our flight got delayed and we won't get to FLL. Does anyone know if you can board a ship in Cozumel? X doesn't open for an hour and I'm pulling out my hair trying to coordinate 7 people!!! (And seriously bummed that I'm not getting on the ship today!)

My MIL boarded in Coz once on HAL with a group of about 15. Their flight to Florida was delayed. They ended up traveling to Cancun then taking a bus and then the ferry to get to Coz.

A long and tiring trip.

I wish you and your group best wishes. Try to keep smiling as the whole adventure is going to be trying.

My understanding is yes. I know if you buy trip insurance, that's one of the things that is covered - getting you to the next port so you can board. So, whether your have insurance or not, you can board, it's just a matter of cost.

And I'm sorry for your delay. Nothing worse than disrupted travel plans. Good luck getting everything organized.

(And to those about to post the "That's why I always fly in a day early…." comments, please consider saving the lecture. The OP has enough on their plate. Too late for that advice, so let's try to stick to suggestions they can actually use!)

My MIL boarded in Coz once on HAL with a group of about 15. Their flight to Florida was delayed. They ended up traveling to Cancun then taking a bus and then the ferry to get to Coz.

A long and tiring trip.

I wish you and your group best wishes. Try to keep smiling as the whole adventure is going to be trying.

That's a good point. You should know that Playa del Carmen is about 45 - 60 minutes south of Cancun. Then the ferry (runs every hour or so) is another 45 minutes. There are lots of great places to stay in PDC so depending on when you can arrive in Cancun, I would consider spending the night in PDC and then head over to Cozumel on the day you are going to meet the ship.

We have insurance!

Hooray!!!! That will take some of the sting out of it. I admire your positive attitude. Sending good thoughts.

Just another thought - are there no other flights available to get you to FLL (or even Miami) in time?

Edited by travelingirl70

This happens to us in 2005 and we flew into Cozumel and took a shared van to the ship. The problems is that there are two ports and you need to find out where the ship will be. Try to give your self plenty of time to get to the ship. We cut it really close but made it. If you can get to Cozumel before your ship gets there you'll have time to enjoy that port which is nice and time to find where the ship will be. Good luck.

(And to those about to post the "That's why I always fly in a day early…." comments, please consider saving the lecture. The OP has enough on their plate. Too late for that advice, so let's try to stick to suggestions they can actually use!)

Very good advice travelingirl70!

Thankfully, the OP has insurance.

Call insurance company ASAP and get their input before making expensive plans.

I had a problem making a claim once when I had to de-cruise and make an emergency return home. Long story and I did eventually get the money but the lesson I learned was to call insurance company first. Hope this helps.

YIKES!!! Do they still allow boarding in Cozumel with the new rule changes? I would try to get an answer before booking a flight.......best of luck!!!

FYI...Cozumel is not a bad place to be stuck waiting for the ship. There is one of the best Italian resaturants on the main drag. Yes, Italian! It's oh so yummy!

Edited by 20pluscruises

For their Flight Operations Group... They deal with issues like missed ship boardings and, to the best of my knowledge, you need not have booked your air through Choice Air to get their guidance [the one time I needed to contact them was on a cruise departing less than ten miles from my home]...

In the US, that phone # is 1-800-256-6649...

Recover quickly! Good luck!

A similar situation happened to me several years ago that began with an airline strike. To make a long story short, my mother and I slept overnight in the airport at Hartford, Connecticut and after several hours, we somehow weaselled our way onto a flight to Miami. This airline person picked us out of a line of hundreds of people and handed my mom two first class tickets on this flight. To this day we don't know why. We were planning on a week in St. Thomas, USVI, then on a own week cruise out of Miami. It was obvious we couldn't catch the connection so I called royal caribbean and told them of our situation. They told me that if I could get to Miami, they would get us on a ship. When we got to Miami, I told the cab to stop at the first RC ship and we hopped out and with about 5 minutes to spare, we were on the ship. It wasn't until we were on the ship we realized we didn't have a clue as to where it was going. It was great fun, but very stressful.

An update! We are headed to Cancun today and will get to Coz to meet the ship. There are still delay after delay here, but we are surviving. It's been a LONG day :( The airline has been helpful...

Thanx to everyone for their advice. I don't think I'll fly same day again if there are ever more than Two of us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An update! We are headed to Cancun today and will get to Coz to meet the ship. There are still delay after delay here, but we are surviving. It's been a LONG day :( The airline has been helpful...

Thanx to everyone for their advice. I don't think I'll fly same day again if there are ever more than Two of us!

So, they do allow boarding n Cozumel? That's good news!!! Have a great time!!!

Yup. I've talked to X and so has my TA. It's all golden, except for the missed day at sea which we'll make up for with a day on the beach in Coz...it's a trade off I guess I'll make :)

So we'll get to the pier bright and early so we can make our excursion...a bit stressful!!!! But, given today's events I think we can handle anything!!!! :)

Yup. I've talked to X and so has my TA. It's all golden, except for the missed day at sea which we'll make up for with a day on the beach in Coz...it's a trade off I guess I'll make :)

So we'll get to the pier bright and early so we can make our excursion...a bit stressful!!!! But, given today's events I think we can handle anything!!!! :)

Happy sailing!!!

Congrats on finding a solution. Keep your positive attitude and you'll have a great vay-ca!