Has this happened to you? I am in trouble!

matisse2

I am in big trouble with DH! I should have booked my Ruby Princess cruise earlier.

Last night I was going to book a mini suite on the Emerald Deck- cabin E724, but was too tired. Figured I would just book today. I went to website and now all of the mini suites are listed as guarantees!

I called Princess and explained what happened and wanted to see if that cabin is still available. It is available but only as a guarantee so they will not let me book that particular cabin. The representative said there is a slight possibility that the cabin would show up again on the website but not likely.

As you can imagine I am catching some grief about not booking the cabin last night when it was listed. There is no way he wants a cabin on the Dolphin deck.

Has anyone had this happen and did the mini suite cabin show up again not as a guarantee? Any suggestions?

I might have to end up with a balcony cabin.

I am in big trouble with DH! I should have booked my Ruby Princess cruise earlier.

Last night I was going to book a mini suite on the Emerald Deck- cabin E724, but was too tired. Figured I would just book today. I went to website and now all of the mini suites are listed as guarantees!

I called Princess and explained what happened and wanted to see if that cabin is still available. It is available but only as a guarantee so they will not let me book that particular cabin. The representative said there is a slight possibility that the cabin would show up again on the website but not likely.

As you can imagine I am catching some grief about not booking the cabin last night when it was listed. There is no way he wants a cabin on the Dolphin deck.

Has anyone had this happen and did the mini suite cabin show up again not as a guarantee? Any suggestions?

I feel just blessed to be able to cruise. ;) I would never care about something like that. Wait it out. Most likely a mini will show up again. Just keep an eye out. :)

Edited by janetz

How far out is the sailing? Check often and perhaps as final payment draws near one will open up.

last jan I wanted to book a mini on the ruby, but the category was sold out. I kept checking the site, and a few days later one cabin appeared....I called my TA right away and was lucky enough to get it.....don't give up hope!!!

unless you would already be in the final payment stage, take the guarantee and keep your fingers crossed for an opportunity to change it

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by lor74

To me"A cruise is a cruise". The only thing better than a Caribe deck is to move up to a full suite, but they are probably all booked too. So just keep trying and i am sure you will get something suitable. I have had balconies on Dolphin and we enjoyed those too.

What is wrong with mini suites on Dolphin deck?
There's nothing wrong with them but since they are uncovered and exposed to sun, rain and everyone on every balcony above them, some people prefer the covered, very private and quiet Emerald deck mini-suites. Many people can't (or shouldn't) be out in the sun so the Emerald deck minis are their preferred location. In Alaska, for instance, where wind and rain can be a problem, these are good cabins for viewing the glaciers.

I agree, we are fortunate enough to be going on a cruise. I am not really in trouble. I may have exaggerated a little. :D But we really did want a mini-suite on the Emerald deck.

I am thinking positive and will keep checking plus tomorrow I am going to call the big agencies as several suggested. That is a great idea and I appreciate the feedback.

The cruise is 3/20 on Ruby. I wonder if final payment is due yet?

Id try calling Princess a few times. Sometimes you get different customer service from different agents. It may help if you already have a booking and want to see if you can change. That may be treated differently than for someone who isn't booked yet.

Edited by Amuse Bouche

Just FYI - Emerald Deck minis usually aren't part of group space held with travel agencies. The Dolphin Deck ones are. There are only certain categories that Princess allows into it's first allotment of cabins for groups. You can always have a booking pulled into a group that's in a different category, but if that person cancels, their cabin will go back to inventory and not stay within the group as an available cabin.

Whenever I have been part of a group booking with a TA, I can select my exact cabin from whatever is available in the Princess inventory.

From this I get the impression that when a TA has a group alotment, it is not specific cabins, but just a number of cabins on the ship.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

Whenever I have been part of a group booking with a TA, I can select my exact cabin from whatever is available in the Princess inventory.

From this I get the impression that when a TA has a group alotment, it is not specific cabins, but just a number of cabins on the ship.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

TAs do not pick specific cabins, just "x amount of cabins" in specific categories. Only certain categories they can pick for group space.

If you choose a cabin outside of the category that they have group space in, the computer system does a cabin/category space trade so that your reservation gets into the group.

At least this is how I understand it.