Oceania Suite v Penthouse Suite

DaisyUK

Hi, I've read reviews and seen pics of the Oceania Suite on this forum and am on the verge of booking. Just wondering whether it's going to be worth the extra cost. I don't have the option of an Aft suite (already gone on the sailing I am looking at) Does anyone have a pic of the deck on one of the 'side' Oceania Suites - I've done a search and can't seem to find one..

Hi, I've read reviews and seen pics of the Oceania Suite on this forum and am on the verge of booking. Just wondering whether it's going to be worth the extra cost. I don't have the option of an Aft suite (already gone on the sailing I am looking at) Does anyone have a pic of the deck on one of the 'side' Oceania Suites - I've done a search and can't seem to find one..

You can easily see the size on the Oceania website but I am sure Jim and Stan will post a photo for you. They are the experts on these suites. Enjoy!

I don't have a photo handy but we were in 11080 (one of the two aft OCs in November on Marina) and attended a cocktail party in one of the other OCs.

It was noticeably larger in terms of interior space -- and I would say better laid out. We did not go out on the deck so I don't know how it compared in size, but I'm guessing it was smaller since ours was a wrap-around.

Mura

Aha! That confirms my impression. The deck for 11080 and 11083 is deeper and wraps around the corner. Not that the one shown is terrible ... and the inside (my opinion) is more spacious with the Deck 12 OCs.

It may well depend on where you think you might spend more time. I was out on our deck several times for reading ... and taking photos. But I spent more time inside, even though we had a warm weather cruise.

Mura

Edited by Mura

Actually I don't think brochure/website shows the balcony very clearly - which is why I asked the question!

Thanks for the photo - it does, indeed, look a bit poky, more like a corridor than a balcony/deck. I don't think we have much choice though, as the Aft suites have gone, as have the Owners (too expensive in any case) and the Vistas.

I am happy to hear that you preferred the interior layout Mura - that pretty much confirms my thoughts when looking at some pics Jim and Stan had posted (but which only included pics of the balcony in the Aft suites). Mura - given the choice would you go for the Aft suite again?

We just came off the South American Holiday cruise (December 8-28) and were in Cabin 12014, an Oceania suite. We had never been on Oceania before so can only compare to other ships. We loved the suite! It was very well laid out inside and we thought the balcony was a good size. We frequently sat out there--most afternoons, some evenings and my husband used the Jacuzzi once. The balcony was as large, if not larger, than the Voyager suite on Regent Voyager which we stayed in during three cruises. The interior was much larger than the Voyager suite on Regent. I don't know how important the balcony is to you so that may well determine your decision. We would stay in this suite again in an instant!

We just came off the South American Holiday cruise (December 8-28) and were in Cabin 12014, an Oceania suite. We had never been on Oceania before so can only compare to other ships. We loved the suite! It was very well laid out inside and we thought the balcony was a good size. We frequently sat out there--most afternoons, some evenings and my husband used the Jacuzzi once. The balcony was as large, if not larger, than the Voyager suite on Regent Voyager which we stayed in during three cruises. The interior was much larger than the Voyager suite on Regent. I don't know how important the balcony is to you so that may well determine your decision. We would stay in this suite again in an instant!

Thanks for this. In an ideal world, I'd like the balcony to be deeper so that we could easily have a couple of loungers and table and chairs, but I think the other advantages of the suite outweigh this disadvantage, so we're going to go with it. I'mnot sure which suite we'll be allocated as they are only available on a 'guaranteed' basis, not sure when we'll find out which one we're allocated..

I am happy to hear that you preferred the interior layout Mura - that pretty much confirms my thoughts when looking at some pics Jim and Stan had posted (but which only included pics of the balcony in the Aft suites). Mura - given the choice would you go for the Aft suite again?

I would but my husband would prefer NOT to. But that was because we had some particularly rough weather the first couple of nights. Howard never gets seasick but because the motion was in both directions, he found it hard to sleep. He was blaming the aft location. But in talking to others who were more midships (in different categories of cabin) it seemed to have been pretty universal.

If I wanted an OC and only the aft location were available, I'd go for it and Howard probably would, too, but I think he'd prefer a Deck 12 suite.

As Jim/Stan always say about the aft location, the view is pretty fabulous watching the wake, and the deck is spacious. Not as spacious as the Vista or Owners, of course!

Mura

On an up coming cruise were in the back in the "O" suite. On other cruise's we've been in an Owners Suite which is really nice, but a bit to big. We enjoy the back of the ship so that's why we picked the "O" suite hope it's nice. I know Jim and Stan posted a layout once but I can't find it, could you post it again for us and everyone else (Please).

Rick

On an up coming cruise were in the back in the "O" suite. On other cruise's we've been in an Owners Suite which is really nice, but a bit to big. We enjoy the back of the ship so that's why we picked the "O" suite hope it's nice. I know Jim and Stan posted a layout once but I can't find it, could you post it again for us and everyone else (Please).

Rick

sure ;) , this would be the plan for the Starboard side aft Oceania Suite (#11083). 11080 is the mirror image.

002744.jpg

Edited by JimandStan