Meet & Mingle Virgin

Hello,

First time cruiser with RC what is a Meet & Mingle ?

Is it an informal get together with other CC people just to chat with others or is there any sort of RC speech like a welcome meeting ?

How long does I last ?

Is anyone trying to sell you stuff like trips etc and who if anyone takes the lead sorting stuff out for he get together if anyone is needed ?

Sorry if this is obvious to you regular RC cruisers but I just don't know !!!!

Thanks

Dave.

First, you go to the "Roll Call" section on these boards....find your ship and sail date. Then, you can start chatting with others on your specific sailing. That's where you'll sign up for the M&M. It's for the folks from the Roll Call. If you don't participate in the Roll Call, I don't see how you'd even know about a Meet and Mingle, aside from simply hearing about it on the other boards!

It's just a gathering on a sea day (usually), where all the folks who have been "chatting" online get to actually meet each other! Snacks are generally served by the ship, and there is usually an RCI rep. there. It's about an hour or so......door prizes, name tags, etc....no one tries to sell you anything! It's just a Meet and Mingle...like the name says!! We've met some nice folks that we hung around with during out cruises!

Edited by cb at sea

Starts out with a rep or two from Royal, they give out raffle prizes, beside that just an informal chat, no sales pitches.

Someone from your roll call usually acts as a go between and also sometimes sets up a voluntary gift exchange.

Royal usually has a setup of coffee, tea, flavored water and some mini pastries.

You get to put a face with those you have chatted with on your roll call

cb has the right of it. Plus some CC roll call groups will do unofficial things the day before a cruise. Example- Our group sailing on Serenade in a couple of weeks is getting together the night before the cruise in New Orleans.

You'll make some friends along the way. I've got several that I have kept up with over the years now. :)

You need to have 25 of your roll call members sign up for Meet & Mingle. Once you reach the magic number of 25, then RCL organise the official Meet & Mingle Party which is hosted by RCL staff with finger food and lucky door prizes. No selling involved.

Some roll calls are really quiet. Others are very active with members getting together to organise private tours at ports etc.

As aussielozzie18 said, at least 25 people [that is individuals, not cabins] have to sign up for an official M&M, and they are only offered on 7 night ot longer cruises. Seems like they vary the number of door prizes based on the number signed up for the M&M. I estimate that you have about 1 in 10 odds to win something, which is better than most raffles. Might be luggage tags or a coffee cup, but could be dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant. I'd be happy with that:)

enjoy

Thom

Starts out with a rep or two from Royal, they give out raffle prizes, beside that just an informal chat, no sales pitches.

Someone from your roll call usually acts as a go between and also sometimes sets up a voluntary gift exchange.

Royal usually has a setup of coffee, tea, flavored water and some mini pastries.

You get to put a face with those you have chatted with on your roll call

On our Oasis cruise, we had about 45 for our meet & mingle. Each person was asked to bring something from their hometown, not to exceed $10. It was completely voluntary, you did not have to participate. But it was so much fun seeing what people bring from different parts of the world. We had such a blast that I would do it again in an instant.

On my last cruise we had a very chatty roll call. We got to know each other very well. Some of us even got together the night before the cruise for dinner. We also arranged an informal get together at sail away and then for the official meet and mingle we got invitations delivered to our room where it will be held. It usually lasts about an hour. We've made some nice friendships on the Roll Call board and hung out with the people in the evenings for shows and such.

On our Oasis cruise, we had about 45 for our meet & mingle. Each person was asked to bring something from their hometown, not to exceed $10. It was completely voluntary, you did not have to participate. But it was so much fun seeing what people bring from different parts of the world. We had such a blast that I would do it again in an instant.

What a great idea!

The largest M&M group we had was during our 2011 LOS gathering, # 477 signed up out of the #500. Our board is still going even now and the cruise was oct 2011. Only a few of us really keep it going but many have stopped by the say hi and many of us are in touch with each other. It depends on your roll call how active you are and what activities you plan

It is nice to be able to chat to some of the people you meet as you are around the ship over the rest of the trip. We found the C&A welcome back was where more selling happened. We were a bit unsure at first, but now we look forward to the meetnmingle. Very relaxed and you are not obliged to commit to anything. We found them to last 1/2 to an hour, but then it depends if you stay and keep chatting.

Edited by kjsmith63

The current count for our M&M is 108 and several have signed up for a cabin crawl immediately afterwards. This is a great way to see the different cabins available on the ship.

Our cabin is one of the new deck 12 cabins on Navigator that is being installed during dry dock.:D

For the meet and mingle is it generally just the adults in the group that attend or do people bring their kids along as well?

On our recent Voyager cruise some bought their kids along - there was a gift exchange & the kids particpated in that. As each person went up to collect their gift, they had to introduce themselves to all over the microphone. In line, I overheard a NZ family mum tell the kids they had to do it also or they couldn't get their gift - it was a nice touch as they shyly introduced themselves :)