Super Bowl

budisal

We'll be aboard the Eurodam on Super Bowl Sunday. Does anybody know if they'll be televising the game? If so, will it be available in your room or just at the bars?

Big NFL fan and I'm missing my Super Bowl Party with my fellow NFL-poolsters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its been talked about in other threads here and the answer is you won't know for sure until on board/game day.

When big games/sporting events are on network TV, the ships have to pay to pull down the signal from the satelite and the prices are very high. IF they pay to get the signal, if the ship is in a position to receive the signal, IF it is shown in Sports Bar or big screen in a lounge, then it more than likely will also be available on cabin tv's.

We have been aboard for Super Bowl in the past and HAL has bought the signal, set up big screens in Crows Nest or in Show Lounge and set out 'game day snacks' and made a great party. They made it lots of fun. But it is hit or miss if your ship will get the signal.

If you see the game on board, you will not see the advertisements. ;)

Can't remember which cruise we were on but the Super Bowl was shown in the theatre. Now, for us it was a sea day so we weren't in port. I would imagine if it were a port day you might be able to find a little spot, belly up to the bar with others and have your own Super Bowl Party. :)

Have fun on the cruise:)

I hope you are right. I'd hate to miss a good game just because I'm sailing away on a great vacation on a wonderful ship. We loved last year's eastern Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam and I'm sure we'll love this one too ----- even if I do miss the SB!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on two cruises for the Super Bowl. Each time they had a great party in the show lounge. The first time we ate figuring there would just be light snacks. Boy were we wrong. The only thing you miss since it is by satellite is the commercials

We have been in the Caribbean and Mexican coast during the SB and our HAL ships were able to get the signal (I think they get an ESPN coverage). Ship puts on a great party. We will be leaving Barbados this year on SB Sunday and looking forward to a great game - just wish our Colts were still in the running (I guess I shouldn't say running as that is how NE beat us):(

We have been in the Caribbean and Mexican coast during the SB and our HAL ships were able to get the signal (I think they get an ESPN coverage). Ship puts on a great party. We will be leaving Barbados this year on SB Sunday and looking forward to a great game - just wish our Colts were still in the running (I guess I shouldn't say running as that is how NE beat us):(

GO PATRIOTS........ :D

Hope those of you who are sailing and want to see Super Bowl are able to. HAL makes it lots of fun. They have balloons at the entrance to the lounge and you choose where to sit by which 'color' you want root for. :D

I love watching the commercials for the Super Bowl! Darn! We'll be in St Lucia that day. The ship leaves at 3:00 pm. I know what my husband will be doing after we depart. He always goes to a Super Bowl party each year at home and loves it. He loves watching football! Sure hope they will be able to show it on the Noordam or he will be one cranky man!

Diane

I love watching the commercials for the Super Bowl! Darn! We'll be in St Lucia that day. The ship leaves at 3:00 pm. I know what my husband will be doing after we depart. He always goes to a Super Bowl party each year at home and loves it. He loves watching football! Sure hope they will be able to show it on the Noordam or he will be one cranky man!

Diane

We were on Noordam one year when Patriots were in PlayOffs and it was very exciting. ;) WE Won!!! :) We were very happy fans.

We have been cruising during the Superbowl as well... Huge party in the show lounge with chicken wings and all kinds of good snack food....it was fun.

On same note , we will be in Alaska on the Westerdam during the World Cup. Obviously , being Brazilian , my DH is a fanatic soccer fan. Anyone have any idea if they will be transmitting the games?

We have been cruising during the Superbowl as well... Huge party in the show lounge with chicken wings and all kinds of good snack food....it was fun.

On same note , we will be in Alaska on the Westerdam during the World Cup. Obviously , being Brazilian , my DH is a fanatic soccer fan. Anyone have any idea if they will be transmitting the games?

If the World Cup is shown on ESPN, which I think might be possible, you will probably be able to see the games.

I'm another Patriots fan who will be on a ship for the Superbowl. I have been cruising for the past 10 Superbowls and have never had a problem seeing them at sea. (And the only line I have ever sailed on a line that did not show it in the show lounge was RCCL.) Holland does a great job with a big buffet full of football snacks, extra bars, drink specials named after each team - Patriots Punch, and the show lounge decorated in each teams colors. I have my fingers crossed and my Brady jersey and Patriots flag all ready to pack!!

You will not get those commercials; ads for ESPN in Europe are pretty much all you see. Otherwise they just show you an arial view of the stadium. But you also don't have any delays so if there were to be foul language or a wardrobe malfunction when you are on a cruise ship you will literally see it all. :rolleyes:

My HAL Super Bowl was quite strange. I was on the Zaandam on the way from Singapore to Hong Kong. The Super Bowl was broadcast LIVE at 07:30 Monday morning in the Wajang Theater. At least when I finished my morning walk the theater was only about half full, although there were probably more people by the end of the game. There were tables set up in the aisles and outside the door with a strange combination of breakfast and tailgate foods.

Roy

My HAL Super Bowl was quite strange. I was on the Zaandam on the way from Singapore to Hong Kong. The Super Bowl was broadcast LIVE at 07:30 Monday morning in the Wajang Theater. At least when I finished my morning walk the theater was only about half full, although there were probably more people by the end of the game. There were tables set up in the aisles and outside the door with a strange combination of breakfast and tailgate foods.

Roy

Funny about the food.

Hard for them to know what to serve......

Breakfast burrito might have been good. :D

We're just back from NYE on the Noordam, but I'm glad to know that HAL does (whenever possible) show the Super Bowl. The year that "we" (New England Patriots) played Philadelphia in the Super Bowl, we boarded the RSSC Diamond in San Juan, only to learn that they did not have the satellite feed. The Captain heard about the many passengers on board who had been asking about the game, so delayed sail away by several hours, so that we could go ashore to watch from Senior Frogs! With about 10 minutes left in the game, the ship's horn started blowing to call us back for sail away - we all jumped up and ran across the street to get back on the ship and soon were under way. That was great fun, but now I shall look forward to watching on a HAL ship some year soon (and hopefully NE will make it in again before Tom Brady retires!)