P&O forum

sagaris

Why did they pull the plug on the P&O forum?

We didn't cruise last year so didn't realise until we had booked for this year.

Molly

Because they could never get it right. And they saw they could do the same with FB ...for not a lot of money.

I suspect that it was because it was not fulfilling its commercial purpose of encouraging people to cruise / continue cruising with P&O. Indeed, some of the threads would probably have put off a potential P&O first time cruiser for life.

I suspect that it was because it was not fulfilling its commercial purpose of encouraging people to cruise / continue cruising with P&O. Indeed, some of the threads would probably have put off a potential P&O first time cruiser for life.

As would many of those on their Facebook page!

Thanks everyone. I do miss the forum, but as has been said some of the posts were "caustic" to say the least. I don't do facebook that is why I joined cruise critic.

Molly

You do well to avoid Facebook if you can :)

I really miss the forum too. I used to especially love the "live froms....." as they used to give ideas for future cruises. And much as I love this site, the P&O roll calls are never active like they were on the old forum. It's almost exactly a year since it happened because I was away at the time and had arranged to get in touch with home via the forum. :(

This question was asked in the Christopher Edgington Q&A fiasco and got ignored, like most of them. He has done the rounds of the cruise forums and I think the questions here were handily avoided.

Edited by CCFC

You're not allowed to post links to other cruise websites here but I used the site cruisebore mentioned when it first started and it first it was quite active. Now it seems to be monopolised by just a few people and so there are not enough posts. Not for me.

Same here :)

Have you a link?

And there of course is the problem. It could never replace the P&O forum as no one else knew it was there and if they did it was difficult with search engines to find it. Unlike this forum.

Sorry but you can't give a link to another

cruise-community

On this site

Cb

I also found this site not to be anything like the old forum. As stated it appears to only have a few regulars. I have posted on it but most times never even had a reply.:rolleyes:

I beg to differ. I find the new site far superior to the old P&O site. The numbers of postings did go down over the Christmas period due to obvious reasons - people far too busy with Christmas things. Now things have picked up again. There is a lot of information available there both on ships and ports. I wouldn't be without it. It, and this site are the best I have found.

I found the site quite easily and have registered. It is good to see names I remember from the old Pando one.

Molly

The problem is Molly that not enough new people are finding it the, Roll Call section is particularly bare. With only 1000 members it is matched by a couple of F/B pages and is well under the biggest one.

The problem is Molly that not enough new people are finding it the, Roll Call section is particularly bare. With only 1000 members it is matched by a couple of F/B pages and is well under the biggest one.

I haven't looked through much of the site yet, only the general postings.

I think possibly many new cruisers go to Pando face book page and don't bother looking for other forums, which is a pity.

Molly

I think possibly many new cruisers go to Pando face book page and don't bother looking for other forums, which is a pity.

Molly

Molly

It is a pity, Facebook topics quickly get lost and the P&O responses I find highly amusing. Post saying what a wonderful cruise you have enjoyed and the respond in minutes, complain, and you can visualise them putting their tin hats on and hiding under their desks

Cb

Molly

Yes if you are new to this you would not necessarily look in other places. Generally CC gets mentioned and people find their way on here.

I am not a face book user. Tried it once and lasted for about an hour. I deleted my membership as I got sick of emails from people wanting to be my friend!!:mad:

It does irritate me though that so many companies use f/b for promotions/competitions, so if you are not a member you lose out.

Molly