Richard Spacey Leaving RCCL!!!

Just posted to Facebook...

Well it comes to us all in the end and for me it is today. I bid a fond farewell to working on cruise ships and the Cruise Director position.

I can honestly say that the last 17 years have been the best of my life. I have got to see the world, meet some incredible people, experience wonderful cultures and at the same time perform a job that I truly loved. For that I will always be grateful to Royal Caribbean.

I have been offered and I have accepted a brand new position with our sister brand, Celebrity, working in the head office. It is a dream job for me and an opportunity to work with an exciting and dynamic team.

I know that I will miss my time out on the ships but I feel it is time for a new challenge in my life and I feel this new position holds the key to the next step in my professional career.

I will be living in Miami for the foreseeable future so please drop in when you come through. I have made so many great friends on ships and I would like to stay in touch with you all. You have a place to stay in Miami.

Spaceman out.

Congratulations to him, but so sad for us. We were looking forward to having him on the Freedom in May. He was the best Cruise Director ever. I'm sure he'll bring his zeal to whatever job he does and Celebrity is lucky to get him. At least he's staying in the family.

Tom

Congratulations to Richard! We will certainly miss him, but I am so happy he is getting this opportunity. He was so entertaining on our past cruise last month. Even my kids liked him! *By far*, the best cruise director we ever sailed with on Royal Caribbean.

Well it comes to us all in the end and for me it is today. I bid a fond farewell to working on cruise ships and the Cruise Director position.

I can honestly say that the last 17 years have been the best of my life. I have got to see the world, meet some incredible people, experience wonderful cultures and at the same time perform a job that I truly loved. For that I will always be grateful to Royal Caribbean.

I have been offered and I have accepted a brand new position with our sister brand, Celebrity, working in the head office. It is a dream job for me and an opportunity to work with an exciting and dynamic team.

I know that I will miss my time out on the ships but I feel it is time for a new challenge in my life and I feel this new position holds the key to the next step in my professional career.

I will be living in Miami for the foreseeable future so please drop in when you come through. I have made so many great friends on ships and I would like to stay in touch with you all. You have a place to stay in Miami.

Spaceman out.

Richard, we'll miss you!

Edited by cruising grandma

He was the best and most entertaining ever. I will miss him but I am happy for him and his career. Richard## love you and bing bong.... (for those that never sailed with him these were some of his signatures over the intercom system of the whole ship.

I had a great time on my two sailings with you as Cd. hope to run in to you again. Best of luck.Keep the SOCKS going

Spaceman out.

Edited by harleymouse

I was really looking forward to sailing with him but now I will never know if he is as great as everyone says he is.

I do wish him the best in his new endeavor. I am sure he will be a success.

Oh No!!! But I am happy for your new job too, Richard... (I hope you read this thread)...Enjoy your new adventure!

I agree with "keep the socks going".

Curtain coming down.... "I love you":D