Latitudes Cocktail Party

JacqueOCS

On the Gem last fall...there were 2 Lattitudes parties....(according to level)....we did not attend this time....we noticed that the times were cut...parties were posted as 30-40 minutes long ...I remember when they were an hour....which was nice....kind of seems not enough time to have 30 minutes to line up, greet staff, sit and get a drink/snack...then time to leave:confused:

On the Gem last fall...there were 2 Lattitudes parties....(according to level)....we did not attend this time....we noticed that the times were cut...parties were posted as 30-40 minutes long ...I remember when they were an hour....which was nice....kind of seems not enough time to have 30 minutes to line up, greet staff, sit and get a drink/snack...then time to leave:confused:

We noticed that, too, but the parties ended up lasting just about an hour anyway.;)

Most of the ones we've been to have been early afternoon and then an evening wine & cheese for silver level and above.

1st Latitudes party is typically 1pm of the first sea day, and is for all levels of members. I typically see Rum punch, wine, and champagne offered. You can request beer as well, and I've seen people order other mixed drinks from the bar if they like nothing else. Those rum punches are yummy! There will be waiters that come around a few times with a plate of snacks (I have never cared for them). When you walk in there will be a line of officers and senior staff that you can say hi to, but no longer are they allowed to shake hands. There will be a band playing in the background until all people are seated and have drinks/snacks. The hotel manager or cruise director will give a quick speech, and then it is turned over to the Cruise Consultant. There will be a raffle for several different gifts and prizes.

2nd latitudes party is typically on another sea day in the afternoon, and is for silver, gold platinum members. It is called a wine and cheese party, but I've seen them serve rum punch and beer before as well. They have a table with cheese, crackers and fresh fruit that you can serve yourself. The officers and senior staff are lined up when you walk in as well, but they also stay throughout the party and walk around and talk with all the guests. There will be a band playing throughout and they invite people to get up and dance. The cruise consultant will make a quick speech, but there are no raffles.

we have also been invited before to the OS/Haven guest & other VIP party. Wine, champagne, rum punch etc and upscale snacks served. There is a band playing, and it is more of a talk and mingle party with no formal speeches by anyone.

I always take full advantage of the free rum punch, and I fill up for the afternoon :D

Edited by galliegirlie

We completely forgot about the first gathering on the Jewel which was a bummer, but we attended the 2nd one later on in the cruise and had a very nice time.

It's a very nice gesture. We're Silver now (not sure how close we are to Gold, gotta be getting there) but our next cruise is on the Breakaway likely to be followed by the Getaway so not sure when we'll be able to attend our next one.

On the Breakaway in October it was held on day 4 of our 7 day Bahamas/Florida cruise. Were platinum and it was held in Spice H 20. It was either 6PM or 7PM, i'm not 100 % sure of the time. They were serving the typical, wine, beer, Bahama Mama but I went to the bar and ordered what I like.

• 2 weeks later...
We're Silver Latitudes and will be on the Dawn if anyone has any info. Thx!!

We are "Silvers",too and had a very nice cocktail party with delicious cocktails:D on board of the Dawn in 2012. Don't remember on which day it was.

Looking forward for the next one coming up soon.

According to the benefits list on the NCL site today, only the Epic and Sky are excluded from the Bronze level cocktail party. Can anyone confirm this? I'm traveling on the Breakaway with 2 others who are Silver (I'm also Silver) and another one is Bronze. I already told him there would be be a cocktail party for him to attend with us, but now I feel like I might be made into a liar...

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits