B2B or Longer Cruise?

We have never done anything but 7 nt cruises before and now the opportunity has presented itself to possibly take either a longer cruise or add another 7 day to a current booking to make it a B2B. For those of you who have experienced these before, which would you prefer and why? Amount of vacation days aside, what are the pros/cons of each?

Thanks!!

:)

cruisinmama! you have brought up an interesting question. :D

Our first cruise was 18 nights, the next is 15 nights. We will have then have Alaska for 7 nights, which seems rushed to me. The next will be b2b2b with each cruise 14 nights, so total 42 nights, same cabin. Obviously we really enjoyed that first cruise! :D I hope by night 25 or so we are not going stir crazy.

I "think" we are going to feel longer is better. But that is just a guess.

Bob has brought up the menu repeats which had not occurred to me, but I think we are OK with that. Well I'll be OK with it, not sure about DH.

This is such an adventure and not one I had ever dreamed we would be doing.

cruisinmama! what ever you decide have a blast! :)

Either!:D

We did a triple B2B in December on Adventure. Yes the first and third week were the same itinerary, and yes we had the same menu each Monday, Tuesday, etc. But there are always excursions which you would like to take and can't on a single trip, and there is always something different to try on the menu. Plus, there is only one travel cost in two or three weeks of cruising.

For a longer cruise you won't have a menu repeat as there are 18 different menus. But a longer cruise usually means a repositioning so you will have to book travel at least one way which is usually higher. Two one-ways can be murder! The best option is probably getting air through the cruise line.

If cruising B2B, there is usually a special luncheon served in the MDR for the continuing cruisers, which can be a lot of fun. You also have pretty much the run of the ship and are not restricted to public areas like the people just boarding. We like to check out the special cabins such as the Royal Suite or Family suites.

One week of cruising is simply not long enough!

We are looking forward to our first B2B. We have two different itineraries. One island repeat, but it's a new island for us so it will just give us extra time to explore. The menus aren't a problem for us as it will give us a chance to try other options, including specialty restaurants. I have never eaten dinner in the Windjammer and I am sure we will do that once or twice on this cruise. Perhaps even a balcony dinner with room service? I may miss going to a show every night, but I may even discover a new favorite evening activity. :)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk