Princess Tea?

SugarStar00

They certainly do.

There's tea, coffee, sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, pastries/desserts, and some other things I have probably forgot.

It is held in one of the dining rooms each day from 3.30 to 4.30 usually.

Hopefully someone will be along with pictures soon.

Can anyone tell me if Princess offers an afternoon tea like Carnival does? If so, can you give me some details on it? What kind of tea, snacks, when and where do they usually have it? I tried searching it and not much came up specifically.

Thanks!

Yes, Princess does offer an afternoon tea, usually around 3 or 3:30 pm in one of the dining rooms. Your Princess Patters will tell you every day. They serve black tea, that is already brewed, from nice tea pots, serve little tea sandwiches like tuna, turkey, beef, egg salad, etc., along with cookies and scones with clotted cream and several choices of jellies. The servers wear white gloves and its all very nice. You will seee everything from shorts to sundresses worn by passengers.

My wife loves "high" tea and goes anytime we stay at a hotel which offers the service. I was always able to find something else to do so I "couldn't" attend. No way did I want to eat little foo-foo things or slip tea and OMG... talk! Nope, I'd take a cold beer, stale pretzels, and a TV anytime. However, on the first sea day my wife cornered me into going with her. Wow... how dumb was I all those years, it was wonderful. The food was very interesting and quite good. We were seated with six other individuals (mostly women) and had a great time getting to know a little about each other. I actually enjoyed myself. We were only able to attend afternoon one other day due to our schedule, but my wife didn't have to drag me back. It was a very enjoyable interlude to the day. I would make sure if you have the chance to attend to do so, and drag your significant other along, I believe he'll be surprised just how enjoyable the afternoon tea can be.

My wife loves "high" tea and goes anytime we stay at a hotel which offers the service. I was always able to find something else to do so I "couldn't" attend. No way did I want to eat little foo-foo things or slip tea and OMG... talk! Nope, I'd take a cold beer, stale pretzels, and a TV anytime. However, on the first sea day my wife cornered me into going with her. Wow... how dumb was I all those years, it was wonderful. The food was very interesting and quite good. We were seated with six other individuals (mostly women) and had a great time getting to know a little about each other. I actually enjoyed myself. We were only able to attend afternoon one other day due to our schedule, but my wife didn't have to drag me back. It was a very enjoyable interlude to the day. I would make sure if you have the chance to attend to do so, and drag your significant other along, I believe he'll be surprised just how enjoyable the afternoon tea can be.

haha too funny!

Thanks everyone, the pictures look wonderful! I'm glad its offered everyday also, gives us a better chance at catching it more than once.

Yes, Princess does offer an afternoon tea, usually around 3 or 3:30 pm in one of the dining rooms. Your Princess Patters will tell you every day. They serve black tea, that is already brewed, from nice tea pots, serve little tea sandwiches like tuna, turkey, beef, egg salad, etc., along with cookies and scones with clotted cream and several choices of jellies. The servers wear white gloves and its all very nice. You will seee everything from shorts to sundresses worn by passengers.

Tea was listed in the Patter on the back with the dining hours. It wasn't listed with the detailed activities. If I hadn't bumped into my cousin who was on her way there I would have missed it. Check the back of the Patter for tea time and location!

We were seated with six other individuals (mostly women) and had a great time getting to know a little about each other. I actually enjoyed myself.

Every year I see more and more men at Afternoon Tea and they seem to be having a good time. I also enjoy chatting with new folks during tea. My friend and I try to go everyday - it's especially relaxing to attend right after returning from an excursion.

We'll be sailing on Celebrity in March and, sadly, their "afternoon tea" is self-serve in the buffet! :eek: Can't even fathom how this can even be called tea. They also have an Elite Tea - it's the same type tea as Princess does but they charge $25 for it!! :eek: :eek:

Keep it up, Princess! Many of us love afternoon tea and look forward to escaping completely each day. ;)

Every year I see more and more men at Afternoon Tea and they seem to be having a good time. I also enjoy chatting with new folks during tea. My friend and I try to go everyday - it's especially relaxing to attend right after returning from an excursion.

We'll be sailing on Celebrity in March and, sadly, their "afternoon tea" is self-serve in the buffet! :eek: Can't even fathom how this can even be called tea. They also have an Elite Tea - it's the same type tea as Princess does but they charge $25 for it!! :eek: :eek:

Keep it up, Princess! Many of us love afternoon tea and look forward to escaping completely each day. ;)

The celebrity "high tea" also includes champagne, but other than that I agree with you, I also love Princess' afternoon tea!

... They serve black tea, that is already brewed, from nice tea pots, serve little tea sandwiches like tuna, turkey, beef, egg salad, etc., along with cookies and scones with clotted cream and several choices of jellies.
You can also order green tea, herb tea or a specific tea such as Darjeeling or Earl Grey. They will bring you an individual pot of it.

This is one area I feel Princess excels in.I have been for afternoon tea in high places around the world.Princess sits with those.(Fortnam&Mason,London) one of them.

Beautiful afternoon teas served in traditional manner.:)

• 4 months later...

Love an Afternoon Tea and looking forward to it on my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise. I do have one question, though. Loved the thick clotted cream served with scones on my recent trip to London and wondering if Princess serves true clotted cream or is it simply whipped cream? Thanks!

I'm no help whatsoever, but as one of possibly three people on earth who does not like scones, I don't know what the cream is. I do remember on one cruise that they had to go back to get more to serve out table because everyone (but me) was asking for more and more cream.

Love an Afternoon Tea and looking forward to it on my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise. I do have one question, though. Loved the thick clotted cream served with scones on my recent trip to London and wondering if Princess serves true clotted cream or is it simply whipped cream? Thanks!

I adore the Afternoon Tea on Princess but as we tend to pick fairly port intensive cruises. do not get to go as much as I would like. The good thing is that there is no problem of attending immediately after boarding from a day out (shorts and tee shirts are OK). As they do not charge for it at present, it is certainly a perk not to be missed. The sandwiches / cakes / scones are delicious. Regarding the clotted cream - since it is a couple of years since we have cruised Princess, I cannot remember although there have been posts on the CC forum regarding this subject. Most seem to say that due to length of the cruise, clotted cream is not an option since the ships are not able to replenish supplies whilst travelling and hence it tends to be whipped cream. We are on the Regal, sailing 1st July, and are looking forward to taking our two girls to Afternoon Tea. The youngest one treated the eldest one to Tea at the Ritz for her birthday, so it will be interesting to see how it compares :).