Cruising today

Some of the young adults on the ship have had their packages suspended for 24 hours and there was a general announcement about parents are responsible for their kids and basically to get them to stop running around the decks.

I think some parents just let their kids run rampant as they are on holidays, parenting is full time job and being on holiday doesn't change that. The kids clubs are supposed to provide the respite/entertainment for the kids so the parents can have some down time, but I suppose some kids find that too structured or boring.:D

Sarah there hasn't been lobster on rccl for quite some time on Australian cruises. Probably can't afford the shipment costs.

The lobster is an optional, charged for extra on their cruises, available each night on all their ships, including here in Australia.

The lobster tails that are complimentary are one night only but as you say haven't been in Australia for a while.

I think some parents just let their kids run rampant as they are on holidays, parenting is full time job and being on holiday doesn't change that. The kids clubs are supposed to provide the respite/entertainment for the kids so the parents can have some down time, but I suppose some kids find that too structured or boring.:D

It's probably different age groups. For the teens groups, the programs are unstructured (just with optional activities) and kids are able to do their own thing, as is pretty normal at that age.

Yes. It's rather annoying. There is basically no where to go. They even closed up the café one night early even though the cruise compass said differently.

The solarium café is open all throughout the afternoon, so is always available at that time slot if you're hungry.

Some good choices available, they even have heated items, plus fresh salads that you can take prepared, or have them custom made.

Is there anything good, or positive, that you can say??:\

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Sorry you find my comments no positive. Just reporting my experiences and what is actually happening on the ship.

I'm no cheerleader for any cruiseline nor will I sugarcoat things.

Lets put it this way. Would I cruise with rcl again. Yes. Maybe not on the rhapsody. I am booked on the radiance later in the year.

People on the shop have been really friendly and besides the food which is subjective I have enjoyed the cruise.

It's all good, I do appreciate your honesty. :)

I am by no means an experienced cruiser. My family and I have only cruised once before, and it wasn't our favourite experience. So we're giving it another go, next week, on Rhapsody.

I guess I am just a little afraid of not really enjoying it again, and so I think I am just looking for positives.

But I am also sure that it is best to board the ship with very real expectations. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It's probably different age groups. For the teens groups, the programs are unstructured (just with optional activities) and kids are able to do their own thing, as is pretty normal at that age.

If the kids are not behaving and they are not in the kids club then parents should be aware of the issues that they are creating.:D

So we're giving it another go, next week, on Rhapsody.

I guess I am just a little afraid of not really enjoying it again, and so I think I am just looking for positives.

But I am also sure that it is best to board the ship with very real expectations. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :)

I just came off her a few weeks back. I can say that the cruise director and activities crew are brilliant, and that was the common view at our dining table as well.

The captain was also great, but he has rotated off now, and I'm not sure who's on now. I'm guessing it's Rick who's also good.

It wasn't 'perfect' but I think there are many positives there as well. :D

If the kids are not behaving and they are not in the kids club then parents should be aware of the issues that they are creating.:D

Sure. But kids clubs aren't supposed to provide respite from that. They're just another activity. :D

That is true, but if the kids don't go it is obvious that it is due to the kids not liking it or finding it boring.:D

Not necessarily obvious... it's just informal so you can come and go as you please. You might like some shop or centre, but it doesn't mean you spend all your waking time there. :D

Not necessarily obvious... it's just informal so you can come and go as you please. You might like some shop or centre, but it doesn't mean you spend all your waking time there. :D

But the activities in the kids clubs should be structured to have kids wanting to do them and be involved all day. When my son, niece and nephew was younger, they liked to be there as much as possible. Perhaps kids have changed.:D

interesting to hear about the naughty young teenstars :(. Met up with gf for coffee & she had just finished a NZ cruise on this cruise line. Said security were brilliant with the teens. They had 15 minutes after their club closed to get back to their cabin or the family were at risk of being booted off! I believe this was the threat but as none of the teens dared test the bluff it worked a charm. no issues for the entire cruise!!!! :)

interesting to hear about the naughty young teenstars :(. Met up with gf for coffee & she had just finished a NZ cruise on this cruise line. Said security were brilliant with the teens. They had 15 minutes after their club closed to get back to their cabin or the family were at risk of being booted off! I believe this was the threat but as none of the teens dared test the bluff it worked a charm. no issues for the entire cruise!!!! :)

I suppose you would never know if it was a bluff or not.:D

I suppose you would never know if it was a bluff or not.:D

yearh, i wouldn"t want to be the one that got mum n dad, aunt n uncle n nan n pop kicked off :o...... i reckon your future would be pretty grim.

Although a client in my line of work was kicked off the boat on a pacific island cruise a few years ago. He was a minor so the entire family had to get off with him and pay their own fare home :mad:. did not do his relationship with either of them any good. needless to say he did not learn from his behaviour and is not a reformed citizen in any way shape or form :(

Had someone's little darlings shove rubbish off the backs of the staircase steps very deftly until I gave em what for:D. This was at 10pm, where was mum and dad?

Then they ran up and down the passage on last night knocking on doors. I have absolutely no sympathy for parents who take kids on cruises thinking they can do whatever thy like whilst the parents drink away the night on these drunks drink packages.

Cruising used to be pleasurable, now it's pick your spot to avoid the bogans on some ships - not all.

Just sayin:)

Hugh

But the activities in the kids clubs should be structured to have kids wanting to do them and be involved all day. When my son, niece and nephew was younger, they liked to be there as much as possible. Perhaps kids have changed.:D

The younger ones often do - although kids clubs aren't for every kid.

But this was about teens, who as a group often like to just 'hang out' with each other and chat, not necessarily do some game or activity all day long.

The younger ones often do - although kids clubs aren't for every kid.

But this was about teens, who as a group often like to just 'hang out' with each other and chat, not necessarily do some game or activity all day long.

If they are just hanging out and chatting then the parents should be in control and take the responsibilty for them.:D

Had someone's little darlings shove rubbish off the backs of the staircase steps very deftly until I gave em what for:D. This was at 10pm, where was mum and dad?

Then they ran up and down the passage on last night knocking on doors. I have absolutely no sympathy for parents who take kids on cruises thinking they can do whatever thy like whilst the parents drink away the night on these drunks drink packages.

Cruising used to be pleasurable, now it's pick your spot to avoid the bogans on some ships - not all.

Just sayin:)

Hugh

The parents/kids do not have to be bogans to have these issues, it can happen with any child, if they are not supervised or aware of the consequences they will push boundaries, some a lot further than others..:D