Cruising today

Dinning was nice. Even at my table for 2 I had two wonderful couples either side. Going to keep my current dinning assignment.

Both my waiters are from India and are very good and attentive. On the ball. Food came out quickly for the first night. Also the waiter took time to explain out the breakfast options tommorrow.

Food soup seafood base was okay, bit bland, but the main dish which was pork was delicious. I had a blueberry and peach crumble with ice cream. Didn't finish it all as I was full. Coffee was drinkable too.

I like the layout of the dinning room with set dining on ground floor and flexi on the floor above. Similar to celebrity.

I'm not a big show goer. Not going tonight. But I try and get to one over the next couple of days.

Captain said we going to get 2 metre waves and 25 knot winds. I don't think that too bad, but there are a lot of first timers on board.

Dinning was nice. Even at my table for 2 I had two wonderful couples either side. Going to keep my current dinning assignment.

Both my waiters are from India and are very good and attentive. On the ball. Food came out quickly for the first night. Also the waiter took time to explain out the breakfast options tommorrow.

Food soup seafood base was okay, bit bland, but the main dish which was pork was delicious. I had a blueberry and peach crumble with ice cream. Didn't finish it all as I was full. Coffee was drinkable too.

I like the layout of the dinning room with set dining on ground floor and flexi on the floor above. Similar to celebrity.

I'm not a big show goer. Not going tonight. But I try and get to one over the next couple of days.

Captain said we going to get 2 metre waves and 25 knot winds. I don't think that too bad, but there are a lot of first timers on board.

Hope the weather isn't too bad and you have a good night.:D

They advise the following days dining options every day.

I find the lattitudes coffee too strong. But then I can make my own in the DL or CL.

Is it Captain Rick Or Rob? Love both, but have had Rick many times.:D

Edited by Aussie FF

Yeah, 2m is generally okay for most, unless you're very sensitive to the motion of the ocean.

Edited by The_Big_M

The Rhapsody can handle bigger seas than this with ease. We have had seas to 9 meters and did not even notice it, or the captain got the info wrong.

Hi Sarah, if you catch up with Tracey from Newcastle 'taj001' please say hello to her from Tracey & Neil, & tell her we will see her at OPT on Feb 1st :D

Have a great cruise.

Cheers,

Neil & Tracey

Say Hi from Me and Rosie as well, we cruised with Taj001 on the Solstice last year.:D

Formal night tonight.

Cruise going well.

Can't remember captain name. Passed the pacific pearl this morning.

Seas are smooth.

Slept like a baby, comfy bed.

Had the solos lunch it was good.

I think the meet and greet is tommorrow.

One little incident last night. Some young people had drunk too much and got into argument but security sorted it out.

Formal night tonight.

Cruise going well.

Can't remember captain name. Passed the pacific pearl this morning.

Seas are smooth.

Slept like a baby, comfy bed.

Had the solos lunch it was good.

I think the meet and greet is tommorrow.

One little incident last night. Some young people had drunk too much and got into argument but security sorted it out.

I am so glad your cruise is going along smoothly, have fun at formal night.:D

The Rhapsody can handle bigger seas than this with ease. We have had seas to 9 meters and did not even notice it, or the captain got the info wrong.

I think you'd be noticing 9m waves. The height above water to the top of the mast is about 49m, so that's about 20%. It's up to around deck 5, so on to the promenade deck.

I think you'd be noticing 9m waves. The height above water to the top of the mast is about 49m, so that's about 20%. It's up to around deck 5, so on to the promenade deck.

We had 9 m waves on Radiance crossing the Tasman for 36hrs straight - sure knew about it but the ship handled them marvellously. 2m seas is a mill pond.

We had 9 m waves on Radiance crossing the Tasman for 36hrs straight - sure knew about it but the ship handled them marvellously. 2m seas is a mill pond.

Yes, the ships do a great job, also there is a big difference between waves and the swell.:D

Let's just say that the promenade was closed off, due to the 65 knot winds.

Like I said, the captain may have been wrong.

Got a towel animal made by my cabin steward.

Had my picture taken with captain rick at formal night.

Re food. I would say that I would rank both celebrity and princess ahead of rcl in terms of quality of food, presentation and dining experience. However, waiters are very good. Just do not care for the buffet style in dinning room for breakast and lunch. Also if you want lobster you have to pay fot it.

Re food. I would say that I would rank both celebrity and princess ahead of rcl in terms of quality of food, presentation and dining experience. However, waiters are very good. Just do not care for the buffet style in dinning room for breakast and lunch. Also if you want lobster you have to pay fot it.

Wow, meeting the Captain and getting a towel animal, you are getting spoilt. Does that mean the food is just OK or is it good but not as good as X and Princess?

with the Windjammer do they still close up for a few hours in the afternoon and open at 6.30pm till about 9pm

Sarah there hasn't been lobster on rccl for quite some time on Australian cruises. Probably can't afford the shipment costs.

I had lobster on princess cruise around Tasmania. I just comparing this cruise to that one.

Some of the young adults on the ship have had their packages suspended for 24 hours and there was a general announcement about parents are responsible for their kids and basically to get them to stop running around the decks.

Been to a couple of the art auctions and they have been selling some pieces.

Played progressive Trivia yesterday, it only happens on sea days.

Food has been below par compared to what I have eaten on princess and celebrity. Several cruises have commented that it's not been great.

At breakfast couple said their wasn't enough pools and they were too crowded and hard to get a sun lounger. The ones on the top deck are completely exposed.

In noumea today and found there is free wifi in the park. Thanks to the crew member who gave me this little tip.

with the Windjammer do they still close up for a few hours in the afternoon and open at 6.30pm till about 9pm

Yes. It's rather annoying. There is basically no where to go. They even closed up the café one night early even though the cruise compass said differently.