Cruising today

Well this is part 2 of my holidays. Im off on royal caribean rasphody of the seas. Hopefully it has arrived. Flying up from melbourne. Still a.bit lagged from getting back from india on monday night. Done zero research, not even sure.what port stops are. I just take it as it comes.

First time on rcl.

Well this is part 2 of my holidays. Im off on royal caribean rasphody of the seas. Hopefully it has arrived. Flying up from melbourne. Still a.bit lagged from getting back from india on monday night. Done zero research, not even sure.what port stops are. I just take it as it comes.

First time on rcl.

Sarah have a good time and the Rhapsody is a nice ship but a bit different to the princess ships

Thanks David.

Nearly lost my luggage. Was taking sky bus to airport and some guy took my bag. They realized as soon as they got off the bus they had the wrong bag. Probably cause it was bigger and heavier than their bag.

I am assuming that rcl will be similar to celebrity. I have an oceanview room. I don't think the ship is sold out completely.

Nearly lost my luggage. Was taking sky bus to airport and some guy took my bag. They realized as soon as they got off the bus they had the wrong bag. Probably cause it was bigger and heavier than their bag.

I paint a personal two-colour logo on all our bags. It makes them very easy to spot on the baggage carousels, and makes it less likely that someone will pick one up by mistake. Mind you, a few years ago someone did. I had two bags, and had found one but was waiting for the other. A keen-eyed dog handler spotted this guy with my other bag and asked him if he was sure it was his. "Of course!" was the reply, but he changed his tune when the dog handler pointed out the bright red/yellow logo painted on three sides of the bag and then pointed at me and my other bag with the same logo. Oops! The dog handler returned my bag to me with a wry grin. :rolleyes:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

I paint a personal two-colour logo on all our bags. It makes them very easy to spot on the baggage carousels, and makes it less likely that someone will pick one up by mistake. Mind you, a few years ago someone did. I had two bags, and had found one but was waiting for the other. A keen-eyed dog handler spotted this guy with my other bag and asked him if he was sure it was his. "Of course!" was the reply, but he changed his tune when the dog handler pointed out the bright red/yellow logo painted on three sides of the bag and then pointed at me and my other bag with the same logo. Oops! The dog handler returned my bag to me with a wry grin. :rolleyes:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Good result in the end for both you and Sarah.

I once caught someone taking my bag and they denied it until I said "Security" in a louder voice. They then acted as if they had made a mistake, but they wanted that bag knowing it wasn't theirs.:mad:

Be warned ....its not only the baggage carousel.

We were waiting outside Sydney International Airport and 2 guys were working the crowd. One asked where the taxis were and as I turned around to indicate where they were , the other lifted the top bag , a carry on with all the travel documents and cash etc , from the top of the trolley. Fortunately a friend spotted him and called out and as I spun around he said that he was catching the bag as it was about to fall off. He then disappeared into the crowd.

We need to be wary at all times.

Onboard now.

First impressions is there is a very hard sell happening with all the packages. On deck four as you board they have each station set up for the various packages.

The decor is interesting, probably little bit dated. Note i have only seen decks 4 and 9 so far. Buffet food is so so. Im a more dining room person.

There is only 252 repeat cruisers onboard. Must be a lot newbies or previous cruisets trying the ship out for first time.

Big on stopping people from going into buffet without using hand santisation.

Havent seen to many kids so far.

Onboard now.

First impressions is there is a very hard sell happening with all the packages. On deck four as you board they have each station set up for the various packages.

That's the first day welcome. It'll go away shortly.

Onboard now.

The decor is interesting, probably little bit dated. Note i have only seen decks 4 and 9 so far. Buffet food is so so. Im a more dining room person.

There is only 252 repeat cruisers onboard. Must be a lot newbies or previous cruisets trying the ship out for first time.

Big on stopping people from going into buffet without using hand santisation.

Havent seen to many kids so far.

Bon Voyage.

Just checked my dining room table I.e where it was. Normally I don't bothered, glad I did. I'm at a table for 2 as a solo. I requested to be changed to a larger table. Not sure why they did this I didn't request it. There is another lady at the table. I see how it goes, she might not want to be stuck with me for 9 nights either. I

The ship is very warm, it's like they got the heating on. I try my best to give my imprssions however will be limited to whether I can get wifi in ports for free. All the shops open at 7 pm. I guess we will be in international waters by then.

Muster I think will be on the deck. I've yet to see my cabin steward. I'm sure they be great and I am low maintenance.

Bummed no coffee cards. Price of coffee I.e latte small is 4.40 not sure whether there is grats on top of that.

Could get the soda package but its 20 per day.

Just checked my dining room table I.e where it was. Normally I don't bothered, glad I did. I'm at a table for 2 as a solo. I requested to be changed to a larger table. Not sure why they did this I didn't request it. There is another lady at the table. I see how it goes, she might not want to be stuck with me for 9 nights either. I

The ship is very warm, it's like they got the heating on. I try my best to give my imprssions however will be limited to whether I can get wifi in ports for free. All the shops open at 7 pm. I guess we will be in international waters by then.

Muster I think will be on the deck. I've yet to see my cabin steward. I'm sure they be great and I am low maintenance.

Bummed no coffee cards. Price of coffee I.e latte small is 4.40 not sure whether there is grats on top of that.

Could get the soda package but its 20 per day.

It is a good thing you checked your dining seating, I would go for a larger table as well. Bon voyage and hope the weather is kind. cheers.:D

Here are the Ports of Call .A nice 9 day break...

Thu 23/01/14 Sydney / Australia 18:30

Fri 24/01/14 At Sea

Sat 25/01/14 At Sea

Sun 26/01/14 Nouméa (New Caledonia) / South Seas 08:00 17:00

Mon 27/01/14 Lifou (New Caledonia)* / South Seas 08:00 17:00

Tue 28/01/14 Mystery Island (Inyeug), Vanuatu* / South Seas 08:00 17:00

Wed 29/01/14 Île des Pins* / South Seas 09:00 17:00

Thu 30/01/14 At Sea

Fri 31/01/14 At Sea

Sat 01/02/14 Sydney / Australia 06:30

Traveled Distance: 5,088.22 km/2,747.42 nm

* Ship is anchored; Tendering weather permitting.

Itinerary may be subject to change at any time.

Thanks David. Muster drill in 15 minutes. I just chilling out in my cabin.

Is the rhaspohdy due for a face lift soon? The green pannelling covering the wall is coming away I just noticed.

Few booze hounds on this cruise. Rcl should do well at the bar. Lots of people in their early 20s. I looked at the rock climbing wall I don't think I could manage it.

The sanctuary area looks nice. Too bad the pool in their has no water in it at the moment. Maybe they fill it up tonight.

Poor little kid couldn't remember his cabin and was knocking on the doors to find it. Hopefully its a once off.

Hope you have a great cruise on our favourite ship.:)

So far so good. Staff seem friendly. Meet my cabin steward. Just had muster drill.

Sorry 4.00 small latte. 4.30 med latee. Cappunico is more. However, it was a nice strong coffee. Much better than Princess ones.

Off to dinner now.