"Lobster Night" - Specialty Restaurants

albertamom

Lobster may be available in some of them as a premium extra ($10.00), but it is not offered as a special on first night.

I don't know why people salivate over the first night lobster. It is a small warm water lobster tail. Frankly, nothing to wite home about.

Lobster may be available in some of them as a premium extra ($10.00), but it is not offered as a special on first night.

I don't know why people salivate over the first night lobster. It is a small warm water lobster tail. Frankly, nothing to wite home about.

I agree it is a Caribbean lobster tail not a Maine or Canadian lobster, which tastes much better IMO.

For anyone that really likes lobster Costco has Canadian lobster claws in 2lb bags that are fairly inexpensive, 40 for 2 bags, and the meat is delicious but you need to ask for them as they are not left out for display.

Thank you! Once again, I assumed, and...well...you know what they say about assuming. :o I'm glad that I asked! :)

We are land-locked Albertans, and the only seafood eater in our family is our 16-year-old son. He hasn't yet met a lobster that he didn't love! Because of him, lobster night is a highlight, and can't be missed.

I see that lobster tail and shrimp is on the menu at Cagney's, so maybe we'll book that for our first night.

Last 2 cruises on the Epic, they were not Caribbean lobster (you couldn't pay me to eat those!). Regardless, I still agree .... it's not like a lobster tail is expensive and the only place you can eat one is on a cruise ship.

I thought I had read that cruises out of the Northeast (NY/Boston) get their Lobsters from up there, versus Carbbean Lobsters the sailings out of Florida get.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Thank you! Once again, I assumed, and...well...you know what they say about assuming. :o I'm glad that I asked! :)

We are land-locked Albertans, and the only seafood eater in our family is our 16-year-old son. He hasn't yet met a lobster that he didn't love! Because of him, lobster night is a highlight, and can't be missed.

I see that lobster tail and shrimp is on the menu at Cagney's, so maybe we'll book that for our first night.

The lobster and shrimp at Cagney's is a pasta dish (mixed together) and my daughter and myself didn't love it so much. The steaks there are much better, and yes, we did assume we were getting "shrimp" and"lobster" with pasta. We do enjoy the lobster tails they serve in the MDR, the may not be the best or largest, but they are very tasty, cooked correctly and just order two or more. We do!

Safe sailing

I agree it is a Caribbean lobster tail not a Maine or Canadian lobster, which tastes much better IMO.

For anyone that really likes lobster Costco has Canadian lobster claws in 2lb bags that are fairly inexpensive, 40 for 2 bags, and the meat is delicious but you need to ask for them as they are not left out for display.

I don't care for the warm water lobster either, but then again i know why. I live in Massachusetts

Edited by N747KT

I thought I had read that cruises out of the Northeast (NY/Boston) get their Lobsters from up there, versus Carbbean Lobsters the sailings out of Florida get.

Bill

That was for a brief time when Maine lobster supplies were overly abundant leading to lobster prices that were cheaper than cheap.

I have seen lobster at the buffet on "seafood nights" on NCL, might be fun for a 16 year old.

Most ship lobster is steamed......as above posts have mentioned, nothing special *sigh*

I have seen lobster at the buffet on "seafood nights" on NCL, might be fun for a 16 year old.

Lobster in buffet on second night has been a Breakaway specific thing (not in MDRs on embarkation night) but there was several reports that on the recent 12-nighter the lobster was served in MDRs like on other ships. So I think that at this point, nobody knows for sure where to get lobster on Breakaway. :D

The lobster and shrimp at Cagney's is a pasta dish (mixed together) and my daughter and myself didn't love it so much. The steaks there are much better, and yes, we did assume we were getting "shrimp" and"lobster" with pasta. We do enjoy the lobster tails they serve in the MDR, the may not be the best or largest, but they are very tasty, cooked correctly and just order two or more. We do!

Safe sailing

Thank you!!! That is very good to know. My son would definitely not be pleased with that. He wants to be able to dig into a big hunk of meat. :D

Quote: Lobster night is first night on NCL, so you wil miss lobster in MDR if you do that!!

I am confused with several posts concerning POA Lobster Night. Some say it is the first night (Embarkation night) or is it the Second Night Onboard which would be Sunday night.

Thanks for clearing up this up for me!::