Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Why does RCI keep Spelndour in South America? I thought I had read somewhere they were having a tough go with Pullmantur down there; why not bring Splendour back and stick it in "somewhere" that can pack 2K people on to it every sailing. :confused:

Just called to book on Liberty for Dec 2015. $4612 for a D2 balcony! I'm so disappointed. But I'm going to put a hold on it.

Oh, and I CAN'T book an aft balcony for 2. None of them. I was so looking to trying one of those. Guess i never will cause I'll never sail 3 in an E1. :mad:

Just called to book on Liberty for Dec 2015. $4612 for a D2 balcony! I'm so disappointed. But I'm going to put a hold on it.

Oh, and I CAN'T book an aft balcony for 2. None of them. I was so looking to trying one of those. Guess i never will cause I'll never sail 3 in an E1. :mad:

Yikes....that's for 2 people? 7 day cruise? Please tell me that's over Christmas or New Years......

Edited by fish6

Not sure if the Texas market can support this price point. I just checked as a comparison for Thanksgiving week Freedom vs. Liberty both 7 nights Western. Our JS is about $1,500 cheaper on the Freedom!

I too was curious about pricing so also called earlier today.

This is the pricing I was given all reflecting a D+ discount

First sailing ~ May 6 10 night which included 2 days in Bermuda and some Caribbean.

D1 Balcony ~ $3961.06

June 4 ~ 9 night with 1 night in Bermuda

D 1 ~ $4343.56

June 13 ~ 5 night with 2 days in Bermuda

D 1 $3531.16

E 2 $ 3351.16

E1 $ 3391.16

In comparison for my D1 Quantum inaugural Nov 23 ~ 8 nights booked on opening day $3336.72

Quantum April 12/15 12 night cruise is $4306. also booked on opening day

Yikes....that's for 2 people? 7 day cruise? Please tell me that's over Christmas or New Years......

Yep. 2 people. And yes, it's December 27.

I told my family the price. They were not impressed. So this changes everything. :mad:

Not sure if the Texas market can support this price point. I just checked as a comparison for Thanksgiving week Freedom vs. Liberty both 7 nights Western. Our JS is about $1,500 cheaper on the Freedom!

I agree. These prices are WAY too steep! I can't believe they are charging this!

Had they not taken so long releasing the prices, I could have gone on the Allure for that price! :mad:

D 1 $3531.16

E 2 $ 3351.16

E1 $ 3391.16

In comparison for my D1 Quantum inaugural Nov 23 ~ 8 nights booked on opening day $3336.72

Uhh... WOW...

...and not the good kind of "WoW" :rolleyes:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks these Liberty prices are ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS. :mad:

Anyone else finding it amusing that after years of complaining about wanting a newer, bigger ship in both Cape Liberty and Galveston, now that they have it they're balking at the newer, bigger price tag that comes with it?

Meanwhile the California cruisers are thrilled just to get a few trips on the Jewel at any price ...

Anyone else finding it amusing that after years of complaining about wanting a newer, bigger ship in both Cape Liberty and Galveston, now that they have it they're balking at the newer, bigger price tag that comes with it?

Meanwhile the California cruisers are thrilled just to get a few trips on the Jewel at any price ...

No.

You know people are never happy.

I'll say that even if I can afford the prices I won't book at these prices based on principle alone. There are too many little cutbacks in the past year. I'll wait for better prices (value) or land vacations are what are in our future.

Our cruises are locked in only until the end of this year. I see a different 2015 for us and feel just fine about it.

Cruising has suddenly become too expensive and complicated with the inability to sort out promotion combinability. Even their own employees are having a hard time sorting out the new pricing which has led to a lot booking confusion.

We are booked through 2015, but there's a lot more Princess sprinkled in there than there has been for the last decade. Princess can sort out pricing, remembers our information at check-in time and offers a comparable product for less money in the categories we like.

Jewel isn't as expensive as what I'm reading here. And the port of LA isn't socked in with fog all the time, either. But you are correct that we are thrilled - she will be the last of the ships that haven't had all of the revenue enhancements and we are really looking forward to seeing her here.:D

D 1 $3531.16

E 2 $ 3351.16

E1 $ 3391.16

Quantum April 12/15 12 night cruise is $4306. also booked on opening day

That Bermuda 5 night looks about right to me for summer. I'm used to Explorer pricing. The tax/port fees alone are $200 pp.

I remember getting a 'good' D1 price of $1299 pp during some sale. add $200pp port fees and that's 3k for 2 people for the 5 night Bermuda out of Bayonne. On sale! And I was all the way forward.

Price a 5 night in July. It's probably even higher.

Edited by marci22

Well I guess they have to start out high to try it out. If people book, they were correct. If the ships don't fill up, they lower the prices. Time will tell.

Just got off the phone with my TA.....Liberty 9 night, 8/13/15....is $5,652 for 2 people in a standard balcony room. Are they crazy?? Who is going to pay those rates?? Not to mention that a 4 person Grand Suite was $13,612. That is more expensive than the Quantum....WOW RCI

That's crazy. If they expect to get that for Liberty, what would they want for a Quantum summer sailing? I thought my Quantum January price was ok but that is January.

Edited by marci22

Something is odd here.... Cuz I booked a corner aft - E1 balcony (7388) on the Navigator for "two" last week. As did my friends... They got 7688. My RC rep said there is NO minimum person number attached to this cabin type. I made sure to verify this asking... They won't bump me from this cabin will they? She said No way!

You should check again.... If course who would pay those outrageous prices anyway? Oh wait! It's a Dec cruise.... Holiday cruises ARE expensive. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

Simple reading comprehension my friend. People in the NYC market are complaining that LIBERTY (not a brand new ship that debuted in 2007 if memory serves me) is substantially more expensive than what Royal was charging for QUANTUM (brand new ship).

If you don't think those complaints are reasonable then I don't know what to tell you. I would be happy to pay what they were charging for Quantum for my May 2015 cruise on Liberty... even though Liberty, logically, should be a little less expensive.

So no, the entire premise of your put down is faulty.

EDIT: and yes, I completely understand that peak summer sailings are always more expensive. That's exactly why I never book them.

Edited by Dave85

Something is odd here.... Cuz I booked a corner aft - E1 balcony (7388) on the Navigator for "two" last week. As did my friends... They got 7688. My RC rep said there is NO minimum person number attached to this cabin type. I made sure to verify this asking... They won't bump me from this cabin will they? She said No way!

You should check again.... If course who would pay those outrageous prices anyway? Oh wait! It's a Dec cruise.... Holiday cruises ARE expensive. Yikes!

I read that the occupancy restrictions were going to apply during high-occupancy time periods. Like summer and holiday sailings. I believe in non-peak time you may be able to get around the restrictions.

I booked a Sept 2015 sailing on Navigator (from Galveston) last week for E1 corner aft balcony for $749 pp & it went down to $662 pp this week.... It's back up to $874 pp now.

Something is up with these outrageous prices....

Pretty sure they will drop to a normal price soon. Hang tight.

I have an aft balcony booked for 1 on Serenade. Who's telling you this? You can still book, but if they need to bump (very rare that they actually bump people) they'll contact you or your agent.

Simple reading comprehension my friend. People in the NYC market are complaining that LIBERTY (not brand new ship that debuted in 2007 if memory serves me) is substantially more expensive than what Royal was charging for QUANTUM (brand new ship).

For the same dates? Didn't know Quantum prices after April had been published so you could compare apples to apples.

So no, the entire premise of your put down is faulty.

So the same issue of Quantum prices for Galveston?