How strict is staff with non potty trained kids at Adventure Beach on Adventure of

How strict is the staff with kids in a swim diaper under a bathing suit in the adventure beach area? We will be on the Adventure of the Seas next Dec after the refit but they aren't adding a baby splash zone (for non potty trained kids). Do I need to pack an inflatable baby pool for the days we aren't at the beach? My RCCL rep told me not to worry about it but I know my youngest probably won't be potty trained by then. Anyone have experience on voyager class ships, in particular Adventure? I may have to lug an inflatable pool to Puerto Rico....not cool!

You don't want to bring a real pool....just a small, inflatable tub...that's ample for a baby to splash in. There's no room for a wading pool on the deck, anyway!

They are strict about no diapers in the pools...it's truly a health issue. The "rep" should NOT have told you that....probably didn't want you to cancel because your youngest can't use the pools!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to get a cheap, small mini pool for my youngest and my nephew. They will be 1.5 and 2. Way too big for the inflatable tub. I had to use a small mini pool a while back so it's no biggie I guess. Just frustrating RCCL won't get on board with at least getting a wading pool on their ships where they have nurseries! I heard now Disney and others got approval from the CDC to allow non potty trained kids in their kid zones. I think they are similar to the Adventure Beach. Not full pools but areas with splashes and stuff where they can stand.....my 2 year old is going to be so upset when she sees her 3.5 brother getting to run around!

Seriously, please leave the pool at home... or transfer the reservation to a ship with a small-kids area if it's that big of an issue. There is NO room for an inflatable anything around the pools -- it's hard enough to just walk between the narrow rows of chairs, especially if the ship is rocking. It's just plain inconsiderate to other passengers to put a pool -- even the smallest as they come -- anywhere where other people need to navigate.

The splash areas on DCL or any other line where non-potty-trained kids are allowed comply with the CDC laws because they have their own circulation and filtration system and don't tie into the regular pools at all.

Thank goodness for the CDC... without them, I think some people wouldn't think twice about dunking their special little snowflakes in the pools, potty-trained or not! :eek: (Not that you would, OP -- I've just seen lots of cruise passengers act ignorant and let their diapered kids swim until someone tells them to get out. Ugh!)

Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to get a cheap, small mini pool for my youngest and my nephew.

Where would you put an inflatable pool? I am trying to imagine it. There really is not much room around the pool or near the deck chairs. How would you fill it up? Also, if it is "in the way" deck security may ask you to remove it.

Seriously, please leave the pool at home... or transfer the reservation to a ship with a small-kids area if it's that big of an issue. There is NO room for an inflatable anything around the pools -- it's hard enough to just walk between the narrow rows of chairs, especially if the ship is rocking. It's just plain inconsiderate to other passengers to put a pool -- even the smallest as they come -- anywhere where other people need to navigate.

The splash areas on DCL or any other line where non-potty-trained kids are allowed comply with the CDC laws because they have their own circulation and filtration system and don't tie into the regular pools at all.

Thank goodness for the CDC... without them, I think some people wouldn't think twice about dunking their special little snowflakes in the pools, potty-trained or not! :eek: (Not that you would, OP -- I've just seen lots of cruise passengers act ignorant and let their diapered kids swim until someone tells them to get out. Ugh!)

Well put

and where are you going to dump it when you're through? :eek:

I was thinking the same thing. Where will you dump the water? If anyone says "well back into the pool of course" that is not right. I will have a 1 year old with me on my next cruise and I am 100% positive that she will not be in any pool of any size on the ship. It is very inconsiderate to bring an inflatable pool onboard for your small child. You know the rules and that is just gross to introduce a non potty trained little one into an environment where they could cause anyone else to become sick in any way. Yes they may make "pool" diapers but they do not contain all of the potty or poopy they just do not absorb all of the pool water and become puffy.

Edited by archyboy6

Not to worry everyone....it's a small pool for a child who weighs 20 lbs. we use a small bucket to slightly give it some splash worthy water and then in years past pour it out on the deck. RCCL never had an issue before so we'll see. If we can't use it then no big deal, we'll just plan a beach day at one of the ports. Geez!

Not to worry everyone....it's a small pool for a child who weighs 20 lbs. we use a small bucket to slightly give it some splash worthy water and then in years past pour it out on the deck. RCCL never had an issue before so we'll see. If we can't use it then no big deal, we'll just plan a beach day at one of the ports. Geez!

You pour possible poopy or pee water on the deck? Ew

Am I imagining things or isn't there already a splash area on AOS? We've been on there 3 times and I feel like we saw one maybe in the aft of the ship and fully shaded? Doesn't show on the deck plans online. Anyone else remember this? Or are they removing as part of the dry dock?

Not to worry everyone....it's a small pool for a child who weighs 20 lbs. we use a small bucket to slightly give it some splash worthy water and then in years past pour it out on the deck.

Sure, just pour the poop water out on the deck where everyone is walking. Unbelievable......:rolleyes:

I am just curious. I have read about the diaper rules many times here. (My kids are grown now.) However, we go to public pools all of the time. My kids have been life guards for years. Little kids are always in the pool with pool (swim) diapers on. I see everyone gets so upset on a cruise, when this happens all the time in community and hotel pools. What is the difference? Do the cruise ships not chlorinate the pools?

I am just curious. I have read about the diaper rules many times here. (My kids are grown now.) However, we go to public pools all of the time. My kids have been life guards for years. Little kids are always in the pool with pool (swim) diapers on. I see everyone gets so upset on a cruise, when this happens all the time in community and hotel pools. What is the difference? Do the cruise ships not chlorinate the pools?

No, cruise ships do not and cannot chlorinate to anywhere near the level that community and hotel pools are. The water is recycled back into the ocean so such strong chemicals are not allowed. Even with the heavy chlorination used, there have been a few deaths attributed to ecoli poisoning in water parks.

The only ships with splash areas that are not really pools per se and have special filtration systems are Disney and Freedom and Oasis class ships.

OP, if your 2 year old doesn't see the pool, she won't be upset about not being able to use it. Plan a couple of beach days.

Are you kidding me?

Adventure beach has plenty of room for a small inflatable pool. It's completely separate from the main pool. There's always plenty of open chairs (and we went on Adventure during Spring Break!). If you want to bring it, it will be fine. It also has this "thing" almost like an outdoor shower that doesn't even have standing water (ignore my daughter on the slide - look to the left)

Vacation2009132_zps2c056492.jpg

I suspect that the deliberate disposal of human waste on a cruise ship deck is a blatant violation of your cruise contract and grounds for being ejected from the ship at the next port and banned from future cruises. This is also the most irresponsible, self-serving and disrespectful act towards your fellow cruisers and the ship itself. I want you to consider how you would respond if someone came into your home and poured the same foul water on your kitchen floor. I'm sure you would be disgusted if they poured it down your bathtub drain.

If you want your in-diaper child to be able to swim in a pool on a ship, then I strongly suggest you alter your plans and book a ship that has the facilities to accommodate this important aspect your vacation.

Edited by LindaO

that is just nasty, and everybody wonders how they get noro.

Exactly and I don't want to see or smell a dirty diaper when I'm reading on a loungechair. Parents think its ok to change their diaper at their seat on the plane when there is a restroom or by the pool.

Adventure beach has plenty of room for a small inflatable pool. It's completely separate from the main pool. There's always plenty of open chairs (and we went on Adventure during Spring Break!). If you want to bring it, it will be fine. It also has this "thing" almost like an outdoor shower that doesn't even have standing water (ignore my daughter on the slide - look to the left)

Vacation2009132_zps2c056492.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea AOS had this feature. My 3.5yo is going to LOVE this!! He's fully potty trained to those concerned about swim diapers.

OP we have an aft balcony and I was planning to bring a small pool so my 1yo could enjoy some water play as well but only on our balcony. Though I've read more than once about people using pools/baby tubs on the pool deck. I think they usually say they dump the water down a drain.

I second that Eww. Just disgusting.:eek:

Sure, just pour the poop water out on the deck where everyone is walking. Unbelievable......:rolleyes:

Just like a dorm or gym shower, NEVER walk bare footed on a cruise ship pool deck because of people that do stuff like that!

IF I get in a pool on a ship it is the Solarium where there is less of a chance of something like this.