Quantum or Oasis??

lownslow

We are planning to visit the USA next year ( we are from Australia).

We were planning to sail on Oasis as Im not sure when we will be back, and she has a good mix of ports.

But after looking at prices I'm wondering if Quantum is a better option as its cheaper and its Quantum!

I'm just not very excited about Quantums itinerary.

Are we expecting something more interesting with new schedules to be released?

Voyager of the seas Dec 2012,

Radiance of the seas Oct 2013

We are planning to visit the USA next year ( we are from Australia).

We were planning to sail on Oasis as Im not sure when we will be back, and she has a good mix of ports.

But after looking at prices I'm wondering if Quantum is a better option as its cheaper and its Quantum!

I'm just not very excited about Quantums itinerary.

Are we expecting something more interesting with new schedules to be released?

There are many factors to consider.

You are coming all the way from Australia. Will you want to do other things besides your cruise?

If so, which appeals to you more: visiting New York City, or going to Disney World and Universal Studios?

As for itinerary, it depends on the time. Quantum is doing 11 & 12 night southern Caribbean itineraries which are MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting (to me) than the boring three-ports eastern & western Caribbean itineraries that the Oasis and Allure do.

We will only be travelling for 2 wks all up as it is our school holidays (Easter), unless we do Christmas instead.

We plan on doing Disney land etc also

We will only be travelling for 2 wks all up as it is our school holidays (Easter), unless we do Christmas instead.

We plan on doing Disney land etc also

I'm with Merion Mom, much more interesting (and longer) itineraries on Quantum.

We just spent 5 1/2 weeks in the USA, left on 28 Nov flew to Orlando and went to Disney World, drove to Fort Lauderdale on 6 December and boarded Oasis of the Seas for back to back cruises on Oasis (so we did both western and eastern itinerary). We then went to Washington DC and New York arriving back on 3 January.

Whether you choose Quantum or Oasis, some time in your lifetime you have to cruise on the biggest cruise ship in the world .... Oasis. We preferred the eastern itinerary - Nassau (Bahamas), St Thomas and St Maarten. The western side, Labadee (haiti), Jamaica and Mexico were ok but St Thomas and St Maarten were very beautiful islands... I notice you are from the Whitsundays ... St T and St M are really lovely sea-side locations. We took a private catamaran from St T out to Turtle island and swam with turtles. In St M we had a private driver for 5 hours and went around the entire island (both Dutch and French sides). We also stopped at Maho (Airport) Beach - youtube this .... you will be surprised what happens at this beach!!!!

Jamaica and Mexico are both fenced ports with duty free, watch, diamond, jewellery and souvenir shops. It was very hot in Mexico I could barely breath ... and we live in Queensland so are used to the heat but the air was so dry.

Oasis is an amazing ship, so much to do and you barely notice the 6000 passengers. So many shows and other entertainment , sporting activities etc etc etc.

I notice you have been on Radiance and Voyager ... we have been on Rhapsody so am comparing to it, but the Cruise Compass has extra pages for evening activities and events, ie. more pages than on Rhapsody.

Many more shops and places to eat ...... Whatever ship you choose you will enjoy and i have seen the ads for Quantum BUT if you are going to go all the way to Florida and have kids I would go on Oasis or Allure.

re: Disneyland (California) vs Disney World (Orlando) - we have been to both now, I would recommend Disney World, more parks, much bigger, more to do .... everything in America is big.... you can also go to Universal's Islands of Adventure / Universal in Orlando ... if you like Harry Potter there is a whole world / HP ride. It's really hard to describe the size of Disney World and Disneyland on forums, but I had been told by friends that Disney World was bigger and better and now I understand what they meant.....

Happy travel planning ....

We just spent 5 1/2 weeks in the USA, left on 28 Nov flew to Orlando and went to Disney World, drove to Fort Lauderdale on 6 December and boarded Oasis of the Seas for back to back cruises on Oasis (so we did both western and eastern itinerary). We then went to Washington DC and New York arriving back on 3 January.

Whether you choose Quantum or Oasis, some time in your lifetime you have to cruise on the biggest cruise ship in the world .... Oasis. We preferred the eastern itinerary - Nassau (Bahamas), St Thomas and St Maarten. The western side, Labadee (haiti), Jamaica and Mexico were ok but St Thomas and St Maarten were very beautiful islands... I notice you are from the Whitsundays ... St T and St M are really lovely sea-side locations. We took a private catamaran from St T out to Turtle island and swam with turtles. In St M we had a private driver for 5 hours and went around the entire island (both Dutch and French sides). We also stopped at Maho (Airport) Beach - youtube this .... you will be surprised what happens at this beach!!!!

Jamaica and Mexico are both fenced ports with duty free, watch, diamond, jewellery and souvenir shops. It was very hot in Mexico I could barely breath ... and we live in Queensland so are used to the heat but the air was so dry.

Oasis is an amazing ship, so much to do and you barely notice the 6000 passengers. So many shows and other entertainment , sporting activities etc etc etc.

I notice you have been on Radiance and Voyager ... we have been on Rhapsody so am comparing to it, but the Cruise Compass has extra pages for evening activities and events, ie. more pages than on Rhapsody.

Many more shops and places to eat ...... Whatever ship you choose you will enjoy and i have seen the ads for Quantum BUT if you are going to go all the way to Florida and have kids I would go on Oasis or Allure.

re: Disneyland (California) vs Disney World (Orlando) - we have been to both now, I would recommend Disney World, more parks, much bigger, more to do .... everything in America is big.... you can also go to Universal's Islands of Adventure / Universal in Orlando ... if you like Harry Potter there is a whole world / HP ride. It's really hard to describe the size of Disney World and Disneyland on forums, but I had been told by friends that Disney World was bigger and better and now I understand what they meant.....

Happy travel planning ....

WOW looks like you had a wonderful trip!!!!

In your situation, I would take Oasis. To someone who has not been here before, the itineraries that seem uninteresting and same-old to us, would be brand new and exciting. Since you will be in Florida/Disney anyway, it makes no sense to come up to NY only to sail back down to the Caribbean. And, Easter holidays would still be quite cool in NY and the northern Atlantic. There is nothing like the Oasis/Allure experience, especially if you like to be entertained!

Hi Guys,

We are from Perth and are travelling to the USA again this coming Christmas. We have done a stack of research (probably like yourselves) and have decided to do a B2B on the Oasis. Too many things to see on here to do just one week. A week in Orlando to have a play around, a week in NYC for NYE then onto the Quantum. After that another week in Vegas, Portland and LA.When we booked we found the Oasis to be cheaper, but there are a lot of deals floating around!

If you can find a little bit more time, try to stretch the holiday out, 2 weeks is a VERY short time to spend in the states.

Oasis looks like an awesome ship and there are many many wonderful reviews and all the marketing hype on the Quantum looks wonderful too!! Flip a coin maybe..lol

As a fellow Aussie who loves cruising, I would totally do a back-to-back on Oasis or Allure. That way you get to cover Eastern and Western Caribbean, and you'll get your money's worth having travelled that far. I'd go a couple of days early to visit Disneyland before boarding the ship, and then fly home straight after the cruise. :)

As a fellow Aussie who loves cruising, I would totally do a back-to-back on Oasis or Allure. That way you get to cover Eastern and Western Caribbean, and you'll get your money's worth having travelled that far. I'd go a couple of days early to visit Disneyland before boarding the ship, and then fly home straight after the cruise. :)

Great to see more Aussies using CC :) We are looking fwd to B2B on the Oasis! Especially to escape the Perth Summer (living on the beach helps though;))

Hi Guys,

We are from Perth and are travelling to the USA again this coming Christmas. We have done a stack of research (probably like yourselves) and have decided to do a B2B on the Oasis. Too many things to see on here to do just one week. A week in Orlando to have a play around, a week in NYC for NYE then onto the Quantum. After that another week in Vegas, Portland and LA.When we booked we found the Oasis to be cheaper, but there are a lot of deals floating around!

If you can find a little bit more time, try to stretch the holiday out, 2 weeks is a VERY short time to spend in the states.

Oasis looks like an awesome ship and there are many many wonderful reviews and all the marketing hype on the Quantum looks wonderful too!! Flip a coin maybe..lol

Brad and Tez, sounds like a great trip .... good choices for your cruises. I would love to go on Quantum .... you will enjoy the 2 weeks on Oasis - it is an amazing ship.

You may have done some research on here about consecutive cruising and changeover day ... which is relatively easy. There is a meeting on the Thursday of the first week and they explain the process. We wanted to get off the ship and go and check out Fort Lauderdale, which we did, so if you are thinking about doing this on changeover day (between the 2 cruises) it does take about an hour to disembark. I did provide RCI with feedback on this process so maybe by the time you cruise they will have made a special line for consecutive cruisers and people using the luggage valet service.

We used the luggage valet service and everything I read on here was absolutely correct. Our flight was at 9.30pm from FLL to Washington DC, all bags arrived at the other end, no problems and they were not weighed so no excess charges (again something I read about on here).

If you have any questions about the ship or the itineraries, just ask....

Brad and Tez, sounds like a great trip .... good choices for your cruises. I would love to go on Quantum .... you will enjoy the 2 weeks on Oasis - it is an amazing ship.

You may have done some research on here about consecutive cruising and changeover day ... which is relatively easy. There is a meeting on the Thursday of the first week and they explain the process. We wanted to get off the ship and go and check out Fort Lauderdale, which we did, so if you are thinking about doing this on changeover day (between the 2 cruises) it does take about an hour to disembark. I did provide RCI with feedback on this process so maybe by the time you cruise they will have made a special line for consecutive cruisers and people using the luggage valet service.

We used the luggage valet service and everything I read on here was absolutely correct. Our flight was at 9.30pm from FLL to Washington DC, all bags arrived at the other end, no problems and they were not weighed so no excess charges (again something I read about on here).

If you have any questions about the ship or the itineraries, just ask....

Thanks Miamia, if we think of anything we shall pick your brains for sure. If not we shall be writing a review on the Quantum :)