M-Class Deck 6 Staterooms

maryland

Sailing on the Constellation & thinking of upgrading to a balcony. I've read about the sweet 16 cabins but am concerned about possible noise from the theater below and also motion being at the front of the ship. Also, if we upgrade to a balcony mid-ship on deck 6, is noise from below an issue? Does anyone have specific info on these 2 items - noise & motion - on any of the Deck 6 balcony cabins on the M-Class ships? Thanks

BTW - We're currently booked in 2 of the "new" OV staterooms on Deck 3.

Edited by maryland
additional info

We didn't feel motion or hear noise from the theatre below on the Constellation last year. Our SIL/BIL were in 6028 and loved the cabin so much they've booked that #cabin for the Millennium! The only drawback that I can think of is that the balconies on Deck 7 above do look directly onto the "Sweet 16s" because they are only half as deep.

Also was booked in one of the "new" OV cabins on the Constellation (our first time without a balcony) and upgraded to one of the "Sweet 16" cabins for a small rate increase. We've never experienced a Sweet 16 didn't want to pass up the opportunity.

Bon voyage

Betsy

Noise is not a problem, but motion may be.

It depends on how sensitive one is to motion and how calm the seas are.

The sweet 16 cabins are located right above the theater.

If you have ever been seated in the theater when the seas were rough and you felt the ship being bounced around, that can give you a good indication of whether or not being that far forward will bother you.

Sailing on the Constellation & thinking of upgrading to a balcony. I've read about the sweet 16 cabins but am concerned about possible noise from the theater below and also motion being at the front of the ship. Also, if we upgrade to a balcony mid-ship on deck 6, is noise from below an issue? Does anyone have specific info on these 2 items - noise & motion - on any of the Deck 6 balcony cabins on the M-Class ships? Thanks

BTW - We're currently booked in 2 of the "new" OV staterooms on Deck 3.

Last year we had a cabin with balcony on a deck 6, forward /No. 6034/. It was on Infinity /14-days cruise to Antarctica/. No noise at all from the teather below and no motion. Well, the truth is, we had incredible weather and the sea was very calm.

Actually, we liked the location of our stateroom so much, that we have chosen the same cabin number for this year cruising. The elevator is just around the corner. Spa, swimming pool and hot tubs on the 10th Floor are very close to the exit from the elevator. I find this very convenient, because I didn't have to walk across the entire ship in a bathrobe.

Enjoy your cruise!

the sweet sixteen cabins have a large balcony with a standard size stateroom. As for the stateroom on deck 7 seeing you, they can only look down on the part of the balcony that is not covered. As for noise from the theater, never heard any. You will thoroughly enjoy your balcony. Have a great cruise!:D

Thank you so much! I just LOVE pictures! Wish the curtains were open but from what I can tell we will be able to see the sea just fine! :)

Didn't take any specific shots of the balcony but here goes... :o

Again, this was our view from 6118 for two great weeks, can't attest to other cabins, but I think all have a fairly good view.

a73t5.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

Having done multiple Sweet 16's, they are different. We had Infinity 6018 (booked only 3 months out) for the 12 day Wine Cruise out of Harwich in 2013.

There was definitely noise from the theater every night. Seems the forward Sweet 16's are over the theater, the back ones not. Just a heads up...

Thanks everyone for the responses about the "sweet sixteen". How about the mid-ship cabins (Category 2B - 6048-6098) on Deck 6. Looks like they're above shops so will there be any noise? Also, looks like the bigger lifeboats (taller) lifeboats are in this area - would this block the view? Thanks again - appreciate everyone's comments.

Having done multiple Sweet 16's, they are different. We had Infinity 6018 (booked only 3 months out) for the 12 day Wine Cruise out of Harwich in 2013.

There was definitely noise from the theater every night. Seems the forward Sweet 16's are over the theater, the back ones not. Just a heads up...

We had one of the "corner" (furthest aft) Sweet Sixteens on Millie. No noise at all, huge balcony -- and what a view! I'd definitely book 6030 or 6035 anytime -- but thanks for the heads-up about the "forward" Sweet Sixteens. We passed on those, as they appeared to have a lot of metal "superstructure" -- thought the balconies would be kind of dark.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone been in a sweet sixteen cabin lately and NOT been able to get a lounger?

I usually ask my room attendent when I book an oversized balcony cabin, making sure he knows I'm willing to make it worth his while/TIP to ensure I get at least one lounger delievered to my balcony.

Has always worked in the past.

I have just booked an 18 day on the Millennium from Sydney to Honolulu and want to be able to enjoy my 12 sea days on my own balcony in a lounger :)

Has anyone been in a sweet sixteen cabin lately and NOT been able to get a lounger?

I usually ask my room attendent when I book an oversized balcony cabin, making sure he knows I'm willing to make it worth his while/TIP to ensure I get at least one lounger delievered to my balcony.

Has always worked in the past.

I have just booked an 18 day on the Millennium from Sydney to Honolulu and want to be able to enjoy my 12 sea days on my own balcony in a lounger :)

When we were in a Sweet Sixteen on Millie (2012), we asked, and received a polite but firm "no". FWIW -- I didn't see loungers on any of the other Sweet Sixteens (that I could see), either. :(

We sailed in cabin 6027 on the Infinity on the cross-Panama Canl cruise April 14-29.

The sweet sixteen balcony was huge; that is where we left our suitcases. Plus a lounger was already awaiting us .

Thanks all! Very much looking forward to our 6028 room on Summit. The TA thought I was a little crazy to give up a free upgrade to a 2A, but I think it will be worth it for the big balcony.

We were in 6028 on the Summit last week. We loved it. It was quiet. The large balcony was wonderful. I didn't think it was any rockier than any other cabin I have been in. I want to go back!!

We were in 6028 on the Summit last week. We loved it. It was quiet. The large balcony was wonderful. I didn't think it was any rockier than any other cabin I have been in. I want to go back!!

Thanks so much for the report! I am crossing my fingers for calm seas in just a little over three days :D

Did you have loungers?