Breaking news

20pluscruises

There was a noro outbreak on one of the RCCL ships last week that was reported. Guess it's the season for Noro...I know people do say it can happen anytime but I googled it once and it seems more common in winter and spring months..(flu season)?????

I'm always sorry to read about Noro and how it affects people's well anticipated vacations.

For some reason, I thought this was on X...sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by midwestchick

They did not end the cruise. They did not put passengers off the ship. Like they're known to do, AOL put an exaggerated headline on their website saying the cruise ended. What happened was they skipped Labadee to head to San Juan to allow people from the CDC on board. The ship is combining back to NJ with passengers on board. Go over to the RCI board and read the accounts of the people who are on board. They report that the ship is like a ghost ship with even healthy passengers staying in their cabins. After going through a code red on Equinox last year, it's not a fun thing for those who are sick.

Saying that, I think they need to post a staff person in every public bathroom to make sure every person who uses the toilet washes their hands. While they can't patrol everyone in their cabins, maybe if they stop people from leaving the public restrooms without washing, they might get the message. I was talking to one of the ladies who tidies up the restrooms and she told me that I'd freak at how many women don't wash their hands. Yuck.

They did not end the cruise. They did not put passengers off the ship. Like they're known to do, AOL put an exaggerated headline on their website saying the cruise ended. What happened was they skipped Labadee to head to San Juan to allow people from the CDC on board. The ship is combining back to NJ with passengers on board. Go over to the RCI board and read the accounts of the people who are on board. They report that the ship is like a ghost ship with even healthy passengers staying in their cabins. After going through a code red on Equinox last year, it's not a fun thing for those who are sick.

Saying that, I think they need to post a staff person in every public bathroom to make sure every person who uses the toilet washes their hands. While they can't patrol everyone in their cabins, maybe if they stop people from leaving the public restrooms without washing, they might get the message. I was talking to one of the ladies who tidies up the restrooms and she told me that I'd freak at how many women don't wash their hands. Yuck.

Yuck! True in mens room also.

Good idea, but on a ship that size, they'd never have the staff to put a crew member in every public bathroom. Besides, what good would that do when someone goes to the toilet in their cabin and proceeds to the buffet without washing his or her hands? The women - and men - who don't wash their hands in public are even less likely to do so in private! :mad:

When our family did the Disney Cruise, you could not enter any of the dining rooms without hand sanitizer applied. They had people standing in the doorway seeing that it was enforced. While probably not as good as a lot of good thorough hand washing, it has to help. I am amazed at the number of people who don't wash their hands. It would be nice if people stayed in their cabins when sick so everyone didn't get it. I know, that is no way to spend your vacation.

Hi Everyone,

As this is not Celebrity related, I'm closing this thread. If you would like to participate in this discussion, please visit the Royal Caribbean forum. Here's a link to the active thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1977993 . Thanks for your understanding.