Taxi from POM to MIA with 4 and luggage?

Davey-D-99

Hey there... First cruise out of POM coming up.

Wondering about the taxi fare from POM to MIA. Have a rental car before cruise but need transportation post cruise. Is the $16 pp Carnival transfer bus a good deal with 4 of us and tons of luggage? Do they have minivan taxis at POM with enough space and are they a better price?

Thanks

Hey there... First cruise out of POM coming up.

Wondering about the taxi fare from POM to MIA. Have a rental car before cruise but need transportation post cruise. Is the $16 pp Carnival transfer bus a good deal with 4 of us and tons of luggage? Do they have minivan taxis at POM with enough space and are they a better price?

Thanks

It will be easier/cheaper/quicker to use a taxi...and yes there are mini-van taxi's that will be in the lineup...Usually cruise transfers are never a good deal ;)

If you are saying $24 (fixed rate) plus a $6 tip, yes, that is fair.

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying...just wanted to see how others felt about a $6 tip...I thought it was reasonable (I'm usually accused of being "cheap"...but I always try to tip well).

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying...just wanted to see how others felt about a $6 tip...I thought it was reasonable (I'm usually accused of being "cheap"...but I always try to tip well).

If you have a ton of bags, and the driver helps energetically with them, perhaps more on the tip.

let's even slice the pie another way (I was a math major)

Carnival shuttle: $16 x 4 = $64

worst case you take TWO taxi at $24 and tip EACH $6

($24 + $6) x 2 = $60 . . . .

SURVEY SAYS?

btw, $6 tip on the taxi is a 25% tip ... pretty nice IMO ... but it IS easy to have over $30 and not watch 'em SLOWLY fumble for change . .

Edited by Capt_BJ