OBC for booking another cruise?

magandab

My memory isn't clear on this, because we've never been in a position to do this. I recall getting letters in the past from HAL, shortly after arriving home, stating that if we booked another cruise within (60? 90?) days of returning we would get OBC, or something?

Does HAL still do this? I think there was a code for it.

My memory isn't clear on this, because we've never been in a position to do this. I recall getting letters in the past from HAL, shortly after arriving home, stating that if we booked another cruise within (60? 90?) days of returning we would get OBC, or something?

HAL still does this. There is a code but I can't remember it. When I book within the proper time frame my PVP knows what the code is and applies it. I would think that a good TA would know the code as well

LENGTH OF ITINERARY INTERIOR OCEAN VIEW/

LANAI VERANDAH/

VERANDAH SUITE DELUXE VERANDAH SUITE

3 – 10 days $25 $25 $50 $50

11 – 21 days $50 $50 $75 $100

22 – 50 days $100 $100 $150 $150

51+ days $150 $150 $200 $200

To take advantage of this Mariner benefit, call your Travel Professional or Holland America Line at 1-866-920-2332 (mention Promo code ZPM & ZPN).

I just copied this from my email. This is what you need to know.

Ask for Code ZPN or ZPM...... you will get additional OBC above what the FCD provides.

It has been years since we have gotten an e-mail from HAL when we got home -- thus no offers.

And when we did get them -- about 6 or 7 years ago -- there weren't any offers.

I am sure that you with the experience you have know that you don't need the email - just need the codes and a good TA :)

I called my TA, gave her the codes, and we have $100 each OBC for our cruise this August. Once again my CC buds come through.

Awesome - glad to hear it :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I called my TA, gave her the codes, and we have $100 each OBC for our cruise this August. Once again my CC buds come through.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Happy to help. :) You're very welcome.

Great to hear you saved $200. That is a significant sum.

Edited by sail7seas

I've never had such an email, but others on here have. I have to wonder at why HAL follows up with some and not others, and what the logic is.

We don't get the e-mail either but I've read about it here often enough to know to ask for the extra OBC if we are booking within the amount of time required.

We don't get the e-mail either but I've read about it here often enough to know to ask for the extra OBC if we are booking within the amount of time required.

Yes, I've learned that recently too, Sail. CC is a great resource isn't it?:)

Truthfully I forget about the codes mainly because we don't book a cruise right away when we get home.

This is the first time we've ever booked this quickly. All of a sudden the memory came to me that we had received, and discarded, this in the past. Very happy to know it's still available.