Seafood & German/Bavarian Buffet???

RocketMan275

We're taking our first cruise on Princess this March. We'll be on Caribbean Princess. I have heard there is a seafood buffet on sail away day and a German/Bavarian Buffet later in the cruise.

Any information appreciated.

Is there a seafood buffet? Date? Served...?

Is there a German/Bavarian Buffet? Which night? Served...?

Thanks in advance.

RM275

I just got off the Sapphire and the specials were noted within the times listed for the dining rooms in the Patter on the last page. It wasn't until the morning of our disembarkation that I discovered this. In the past, I thought there use to be a box on the Patter calling attention to the sushi, Mexican or Bavarian specialties, but I could be mistaken. The last day, there was an Udon bar.

It has been a while since we cruised on the Carribean, but there were both then.

We are just off the Caribbean Princess as of Saturday. We did the buffet on Monday after a day on Cozumel and it was the German night buffet. Quite good. We enjoyed our dinner there just as much as in the MDR. We did Anytime Dining, but this particular night we just wanted a quick and quiet dinner. Didn't feel like making small talk to new people. Most nights we enjoy meeting other cruisers...just not this night. In that regard, the buffet is a good alternative

You mentioned it's your first princess cruise....the one place we enjoy a lot is the International Cafe on deck 5. Great coffee (if you enjoy specialty coffees and fresh brewed....buy a coffee card online). It's also a great place to grab a quick breakfast sandwich or yogurt parfait in the morning....or a quick salad and sandwich for lunch when you come back on board from the ports. My DH loves the pastries and desserts here too....I tried to resist those ....but one day gave in.....the mini cheesecake was calling to me!!

A great table is behind the bar by the window to enjoy your quick meal

We are just off the Caribbean Princess as of Saturday. We did the buffet on Monday after a day on Cozumel and it was the German night buffet. Quite good. We enjoyed our dinner there just as much as in the MDR. We did Anytime Dining, but this particular night we just wanted a quick and quiet dinner. Didn't feel like making small talk to new people. Most nights we enjoy meeting other cruisers...just not this night. In that regard, the buffet is a good alternative

Excellent and thanks for the information. Wife is German.

You mentioned it's your first princess cruise....the one place we enjoy a lot is the International Cafe on deck 5. Great coffee (if you enjoy specialty coffees and fresh brewed....buy a coffee card online). It's also a great place to grab a quick breakfast sandwich or yogurt parfait in the morning....or a quick salad and sandwich for lunch when you come back on board from the ports. My DH loves the pastries and desserts here too....I tried to resist those ....but one day gave in.....the mini cheesecake was calling to me!!

A great table is behind the bar by the window to enjoy your quick meal

I've seen the IC pictures and it's one of the places we're looking forward to sampling. Already planned on the coffee card. And a couple of the beverage cards. Really not planing on using the MDR more than once or twice.

Bavarian night is my favorite and I don't eat most of the stuff. But, I love spaetzle, red cabbage and the sauce/gravy from the goulash which goes on top of the spaetzle. There are lots of different kinds of schnitzel/sausage; I don't eat any of that. I believe they also carve a ham on that night too.

And of course black forest cake and assorted rolls; twists and others.

Bavarian night is my favorite and I don't eat most of the stuff. But, I love spaetzle, red cabbage and the sauce/gravy from the goulash which goes on top of the spaetzle. There are lots of different kinds of schnitzel/sausage; I don't eat any of that. I believe they also carve a ham on that night too.

Even better news. DW loves spaetzle and red cabbage. Wife likes to mix kraut, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Could be a genetic failing of some sort.

Schnitzel and some fried potatoes and I'm good.

Thats exactly what I eat on Bavarian night. It's the one meal I really look forward to

Sounds like you will both enjoy the German buffet as much as we did. I think I will look for it on future cruises. Getting a little tired of the MDR ordeal when we travel as just a couple. I still like to dress up for dinner....just bored with some of the small talk at shared tables. Some night are great....others not so

Even better news. DW loves spaetzle and red cabbage. Wife likes to mix kraut, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Could be a genetic failing of some sort.

Schnitzel and some fried potatoes and I'm good.

Forgot about the kraut; it's there. And mashed potatoes too. :D

Sounds like you will both enjoy the German buffet as much as we did. I think I will look for it on future cruises. Getting a little tired of the MDR ordeal when we travel as just a couple. I still like to dress up for dinner....just bored with some of the small talk at shared tables. Some night are great....others not so

To be honest, the MDR was our least favorite cruising experience. We like the food but we just don't enjoy the experience all that much. The tables were crowded together, we're not into small talk either, it's too loud, etc.

That's one of the reasons I started this thread, to explore some of the other options. I imagine we'll do the MDR once or twice but that's about it.