Telephone conversation with royal caribbean

Hi all thought I would share this 02 433 15400 if you ring about 10am you will get through to them even if most of them dont know what they are talking about.

I booked Rhapsody for the october the 28th cruise and because we got a great price booked a junior suit all paper work came through so thought will ring them about my diamond balcony discount.

Well the conversation went like this with the gentleman I spoke to, hello how can I help you, I said can you please apply the balcony discount to are booking gave him are booking number and he then says sorry you are not entitled to a balcony discount because you have a junior suit the discount is only for balconys:eek: well I said the junior suits do have a balcony, no he said its definatly only for a balcony cabin so I gave up trying to get through to him that we did qualify.

Two minutes later rang again differnt person answered can I please apply my balcony discount to are suite in october yes no worries $350 done no worries at all, moral of the story if you think you are right phone and discuss it with some one else.

Jacqie

Hi all thought I would share this 02 433 15400 if you ring about 10am you will get through to them even if most of them dont know what they are talking about.

I booked Rhapsody for the october the 28th cruise and because we got a great price booked a junior suit all paper work came through so thought will ring them about my diamond balcony discount.

Well the conversation went like this with the gentleman I spoke to, hello how can I help you, I said can you please apply the balcony discount to are booking gave him are booking number and he then says sorry you are not entitled to a balcony discount because you have a junior suit the discount is only for balconys:eek: well I said the junior suits do have a balcony, no he said its definatly only for a balcony cabin so I gave up trying to get through to him that we did qualify.

Two minutes later rang again differnt person answered can I please apply my balcony discount to are suite in october yes no worries $350 done no worries at all, moral of the story if you think you are right phone and discuss it with some one else.

Jacqie

Hi jacqie

You should try doing something really tricky like reduced sole occupancy due to c&A status

that one took emails back and forth for nearly two weeks, and then I had to do it through Miami as they don't understand here

they are not trained for many diamond or diamond plus people and associated perks

just keep trying and keep your chin up

I have scored some email addresses that work over the years,

enjoy your trip

Greg:)

OK, got it. Just keep ringing until you get the answer that suits.:D

or if it goes really pear shaped send to crown and anchor in Miami to deal with

depends what level you are at now, as they don't have a lot of those queries to deal with they quite often don't know what to do, but won't admit that.

:)

For someone who is not properly trained and schooled up on whats available , it would be a huge responsibility to pass on a $350 saving. He/She should have at least consulted a Supervisor to find out more.

However we do need to realise that the phones are staffed by (as they call them in America) ... "booking bunnies" , who are simply takers of orders and can only do what the screen in front of them will let them do.

If you know you are in the right , patience is a virtue.

We have had occasions when we told a TA what we expect, only to be told that we cannot do that. We then asked them to check it out and get back to us , and when they did , we were right.

For someone who is not properly trained and schooled up on whats available , it would be a huge responsibility to pass on a $350 saving. He/She should have at least consulted a Supervisor to find out more.

However we do need to realise that the phones are staffed by (as they call them in America) ... "booking bunnies" , who are simply takers of orders and can only do what the screen in front of them will let them do.

If you know you are in the right , patience is a virtue.

We have had occasions when we told a TA what we expect, only to be told that we cannot do that. We then asked them to check it out and get back to us , and when they did , we were right.

This forum is full of situations just like this case and like yours. A good TA is worth sticking with as they will go the extra yard to get you what is your right and sometimes even more.:D

This forum is full of situations just like this case and like yours. A good TA is worth sticking with as they will go the extra yard to get you what is your right and sometimes even more.:D

but not all will know to email direct to Miami, so might be worth suggesting that to them, as this works

Had a fantastic local C&A rep last time I had an issue. She worked out straight away what was going on, and then tried to rectify it (it wasn’t simple technically). Ultimately she had to refer it to Miami for one part which couldn’t be done locally, but it gone done as promised as well.

But that first convo you had would be quite embarrassing for that employee,

We found when we booked online and were logged in that the balcony discount applied automatically. On a junior suite :) .

Yes, that happened for me too and was shown on the confirmation email. But.... then I put a spanner in the works by calling them to transfer this online booking to my Future Cruise Certificate that I'd previously paid for on-board.

The confirmation email that came through quoted almost TWICE the correct amount. :eek: Two phone calls later and a lot of patience over 10 days and it was finally fixed!

They should ideally have an option on their online booking form to put in a previous booking certificate number. It would make it much easier for everyone.

When I booked my 3-night sampler cruise on Voyager recently I was again patched through to Guatamala. The CSO there told me that if it's a new booking then either they or the RCI office in Oregon will take the call.

All other calls are taken by our local office. Interesting! :)

Gae

Yes, that happened for me too and was shown on the confirmation email. But.... then I put a spanner in the works by calling them to transfer this online booking to my Future Cruise Certificate that I'd previously paid for on-board.

The confirmation email that came through quoted almost TWICE the correct amount. :eek: Two phone calls later and a lot of patience over 10 days and it was finally fixed!

They should ideally have an option on their online booking form to put in a previous booking certificate number. It would make it much easier for everyone.

When I booked my 3-night sampler cruise on Voyager recently I was again patched through to Guatamala. The CSO there told me that if it's a new booking then either they or the RCI office in Oregon will take the call.

All other calls are taken by our local office. Interesting! :)

Gae

Not my experience. Did an online Voyager booking a couple of days ago to the point of "Courtesy Hold". As I prefer not to use my main c/card online, I then rang the 1300 number and selected 'existing booking'. Spoke to a nice chap who processed my deposit payment without any problems (the Diamond balcony discount for the JS had already been applied by the system). At the end of the conversation I checked on his location and it was Guatemala.

Not my experience. Did an online Voyager booking a couple of days ago to the point of "Courtesy Hold". As I prefer not to use my main c/card online, I then rang the 1300 number and selected 'existing booking'. Spoke to a nice chap who processed my deposit payment without any problems (the Diamond balcony discount for the JS had already been applied by the system). At the end of the conversation I checked on his location and it was Guatemala.

Gosh! That's right! Mine was an existing booking too as I'd booked it online then called to pay the deposit as I couldn't find the booking on the website!

Seems that I have 2 different RCI identities!

Silly me! Got it all mixed up! AGAIN!! :o