Captains Club Party on Constellation?

jeno

I will be on the Constellation next week with a large group of friends. Many of them will be on their second Celebrity Cruise. Last year the Captains Club party was the usual with crepes, chocolate fondue, beef sandwiches etc. The newer cruisers were excited to be able to attend that party this year.

I was on the Reflection in fall and the Captains Club party was very different. A few very meager appetizer items passed and none of the usual items. It was also very hard to get a drink because there were almost no servers. If this is the case on the Constellation I will encourage them not to attend. It isn't worth breaking up our day as we are on a Mah Jongg Cruise and it would be a disruption in our afternoon of play.

Has anyone been to that party on the Constellation lately? How did you feel about the party in comparison with past parties? Thanks for your thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, we were on her in December and had the experience you encountered on the Reflection. Perhaps someone can confirm this on a more recent Connie cruise. I would not ever attend this event, but my DW is disappointed with my reclusiveness, so I tag along. We'll be on the Silhouette in two weeks, the Connie in March and the Eclipse in April, so it's important for me to know the situation, as it will provide ammunition :)

Hi,

I was on the Constellation's five-night cruise that departed on Dec. 14, 2013. As indicated above, the Captain's Club party was disappointing. Because it was held in the Celebrity Theater, it was difficult for servers to serve drinks to people. Also, the servers came around with appetizers on very small clear plastic disposable bowls (resembling spoons). This party was not elegant or nearly as nice as other Captain's Club parties that I have attended on Celebrity ships in the past.

Chuck

Off the Connie today.

Captains Club party keeps getting worse. There is a new host just starting, Bruce. Tried to talk to him but he didn't know anything about the ship -- just got on.

None of the nice foods like in the past. Passed appetizers were gross -- had to dispose of the chicken, they had deviled eggs, tiny quiche. Despite our early arrival, drink order was taken after a while but I never got the drink. Entertainment wasn't like the past. Short appearance by Captain & Cruise Director. Left early.

Well, that confirms it. We won't be going. What a disappointment. It seems it would be better to just stop having it instead of making such a poor showing. They should be embarrassed. That party was always something really outstanding IMHO. Sad.

Never saw anything like roast beef sandwiches, crepes or fondue! Last year on the Equinox there was juice, pastries and fruit. Not much of a party atmosphere and we left after about 5 minutes.

Pastries & fruit? That's normally the cruise connections party?

Pastries & fruit? That's normally the cruise connections party?

Maybe for some, but our last CC party in November there was no food (ot that I cared) and at least half the people were never notified when it would be. We go to meet the people we have talked with beforehand. Many, many never received their invites and only about 20% of those registered were there. .

The party I was asking about has nothing to do with Cruise Critic. I call it the Captains Club party, but that may not be the name of it. It is the party for past cruisers on Celebrity. Not Elite, just people that have cruised before. Maybe after 1 Celebrity Cruise or maybe after 5, but I think it is after one.

Back to the Op's question about the Captain's Club party, not the Cruise Critic party, it is indeed as described above. crepes, roast beef or sushi are a thing of the past. Now, less than appetizing canapés are served. We left rather quickly last week on the Constellation, never again will we attend.

Back to the Op's question about the Captain's Club party, not the Cruise Critic party, it is indeed as described above. crepes, roast beef or sushi are a thing of the past. Now, less than appetizing canapés are served. We left rather quickly last week on the Constellation, never again will we attend.

We were on Summit a couple of years ago, and the Captain's Club Party was held at 1:30pm in the Sky Lounge. We just finished lunch in the MDR and went up to the Party only to find all this food. Wish we had known in advance.

Maybe it's bad timing for the party, and they realized that so stopped all the food? I don't know. :confused:

The drastic downgrading of the Captain's Club party was a huge takeaway. On so many cruises I have enjoyed the roast beef sandwiches with horseradish, followed by delectable crepes. Gone! Now, just a few little appetizers that are anything but appetizing. One must find a discrete way of moving them from mouth to napkin after the first nibble. It used to be a party I very much looked forward to, but now I will never attend again.

Edited by ccod

We were on Summit a couple of years ago, and the Captain's Club Party was held at 1:30pm in the Sky Lounge. We just finished lunch in the MDR and went up to the Party only to find all this food. Wish we had known in advance.

Maybe it's bad timing for the party, and they realized that so stopped all the food? I don't know. :confused:

Perhaps, but those who have cruised on Celebrity in the past few years enjoyed the 1:30 party and planned accordingly.

We also miss the top cruiser award that is apparently now done at the Captain's toast on formal night.

Well, I see my question has been answered...in the negative. Now, if I can only convince my wife that attending isn't worth while. There was no Bingo on the 12/9 cruise, either, which annoyed DW. We had a good cruise, but more and more, it appears our "good cruises" are going to occur because we can entertain ourselves and demand little in the way of entertainment. Pity. Maybe it's time to return to Princess, but I'm confident their cruisers would have their own tales of woe. On the bright side one night in a Fairfield Inn before our February cruise will cost almost $300 with a modest breakfast. Another $16 sans tip will get us to the port. Our seven night cruise in a C2 will cost $141 p/p per night including gratuities. All things considered, I'd rather be on the ship, bad canapes and all

Going on Connie in two weeks out of Ft. Lauderdale. It says boarding time is 11:30. Does that mean the earliest you can board is at 11:30 or that you can start checking in at 11:30?

We want to be on very early as my friend is blind and will be using a service dog. We want to get on ASAP so we can check out the "potty" area provided to make sure it will all work out before we sail.

What time would you recommend we arrive at the port?

Thanks.

Going on Connie in two weeks out of Ft. Lauderdale. It says boarding time is 11:30. Does that mean the earliest you can board is at 11:30 or that you can start checking in at 11:30?

We want to be on very early as my friend is blind and will be using a service dog. We want to get on ASAP so we can check out the "potty" area provided to make sure it will all work out before we sail.

What time would you recommend we arrive at the port?

Thanks.

You may want to start your own thread considering your question is completely off topic and won't be seen here.